Argos have recalled Tower pressure cookers!

Posted 24th Jan
Various Tower pressure cookers have been recalled, due to safety issues that they could cause burns.

The product details for each Tower pressure cooker in the Argos recall are as follows:

Tower 4.5L 22cm Pressure Cooker (Argos Cat number 238/9468) Model No. T90100
T90101

Tower 6L 22cm Pressure Cooker (Argos Cat number 249/9926) Model No. T90101

Tower 7.5L 22cm Pressure Cooker (Argos Cat number 239/1487) Model No. T90102

Tower 6L 22cm One Touch Pressure Cooker (Argos Cat numbers 239/2929 & 351/3305) Model No. T90103

Tower 4L One Touch Pressure Cooker (Argos Cat number 683/6773) Model No. T90114

Tower 6L One Touch Pressure Cooker (Argos Cat number 683/7507) Model No. T90115

Tower 4L One Touch Pressure Cooker (Argos Cat number 607/6715) Model No. T90117

You can arrange a free replacement using this link here. You can also contact Tower Customer Support on 0333 220 6091.
Community Updates

Groups

14 Comments
Do you have to return defective one
Gollywood24/01/2020 14:37

Haven't you read OPs post?

I could ask you the same I have Tower 6L 22cm Pressure Cooker and the link makes me fill out a form for a replacement it doesn’t say whether I should take it back to store etc
Gollywood24/01/2020 14:37

Haven't you read OPs post?

Doesn't mention returning. Previous Tower recalls resulted in a repair rather than a swap-out.
Dylan_Smith13524/01/2020 14:46

I could ask you the same I have Tower 6L 22cm Pressure Cooker and the link …I could ask you the same I have Tower 6L 22cm Pressure Cooker and the link makes me fill out a form for a replacement it doesn’t say whether I should take it back to store etc

Probably did what a lot of us do on mobile and forgot to press "show more", I think the should do away with that in the app, not that hard to scroll.
Dylan_Smith13524/01/2020 14:18

Do you have to return defective one

I've read conflicting information. One link said to send it back for a repair and another said to contact Tower for a replacement. Best to call Tower and see what they tell you to do. Either way, stop using the pressure cooker immediately.
Dylan_Smith13524/01/2020 14:46

I could ask you the same I have Tower 6L 22cm Pressure Cooker and the link …I could ask you the same I have Tower 6L 22cm Pressure Cooker and the link makes me fill out a form for a replacement it doesn’t say whether I should take it back to store etc

Well I am not returning anything so doesn't really matter.

I saw this in the OPs post: "You can arrange a free replacement using this link here." - assume once completed you'll be instructed what to do with the faulty one
Milly5424/01/2020 19:15

Yes. …Yes. https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/10801918/argos-recalls-tower-pressure-cookers-burn/

Thank you that’s the response I was looking for not “ have you even read the ops post “
We got a letter in the post from Tower regarding the recall. Presumably we had registered our purchase for the guarantee so they knew our details. So we filled in the initial recall form before Christmas and have heard nothing since. So it's a bit of a surprise to find that the recall is now open with the link to the new form. Not impressed that we haven't been updated.

I'm also wondering how they are going to fulfil their promise of replacing our pressure cooker with a "alternative model of a similar or higher specification" Ours is the 7.5l stainless steel one - and Tower apparently no longer sells a 7.5l pressure cooker. So I'm not going to be happy if the replacement is smaller.
VDisillusioned28/01/2020 07:37

We got a letter in the post from Tower regarding the recall. Presumably we …We got a letter in the post from Tower regarding the recall. Presumably we had registered our purchase for the guarantee so they knew our details. So we filled in the initial recall form before Christmas and have heard nothing since. So it's a bit of a surprise to find that the recall is now open with the link to the new form. Not impressed that we haven't been updated. I'm also wondering how they are going to fulfil their promise of replacing our pressure cooker with a "alternative model of a similar or higher specification" Ours is the 7.5l stainless steel one - and Tower apparently no longer sells a 7.5l pressure cooker. So I'm not going to be happy if the replacement is smaller.

Can you ask them for a refund? Do that then buy an electric pressure cooker. An Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi.
Loubou28/01/2020 11:07

Can you ask them for a refund? Do that then buy an electric pressure …Can you ask them for a refund? Do that then buy an electric pressure cooker. An Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi.

I will wait and see what their response is. I think the form said they will respond within 48hrs, so maybe there will be more information then.
VDisillusioned28/01/2020 07:37

We got a letter in the post from Tower regarding the recall. Presumably we …We got a letter in the post from Tower regarding the recall. Presumably we had registered our purchase for the guarantee so they knew our details. So we filled in the initial recall form before Christmas and have heard nothing since. So it's a bit of a surprise to find that the recall is now open with the link to the new form. Not impressed that we haven't been updated. I'm also wondering how they are going to fulfil their promise of replacing our pressure cooker with a "alternative model of a similar or higher specification" Ours is the 7.5l stainless steel one - and Tower apparently no longer sells a 7.5l pressure cooker. So I'm not going to be happy if the replacement is smaller.

Had a letter too and sent the cooker back under Tower’s instruction and 6 weeks and have passed and no pressure cooker been returned.

Have you had anything back from them yet?

Sent an e-mail to them 2 weeks ago and their response was “we haven’t got any in stock at the moment and will send out a new one as soon as they arrive”. Can you believe the manufacture of pressure cooker has no pressure cookers.

Giving it another week then contacting my local standards trading officer.
Chris_Kay16/02/2020 13:25

Had a letter too and sent the cooker back under Tower’s instruction and 6 … Had a letter too and sent the cooker back under Tower’s instruction and 6 weeks and have passed and no pressure cooker been returned.Have you had anything back from them yet?Sent an e-mail to them 2 weeks ago and their response was “we haven’t got any in stock at the moment and will send out a new one as soon as they arrive”. Can you believe the manufacture of pressure cooker has no pressure cookers.Giving it another week then contacting my local standards trading officer.

This is terrible customer service. Are you able to get a refund?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants