Argos help?

Posted 20th May
Hi all
Struggling to get in contact with argos about an order and they don’t have a call back system or anything in place like a return to chat system I have been trying for the last 2 weeks stuck on phone line for hours same with live chat wait for hours on live chat then it just says sorry busy due to covid try finding help online or try again later so unsure about how to contact them is there an email address I can’t seem to find one online.
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
If you use Twitter or Facebook contact them on there.
Complaints in the public eye usually get a response.
Beware phoning Argos - their phone costs were extortionate when I did it.
Email the ceo?
doogan920/05/2020 18:36

Post-sales helpline call? Not more than "basic rate" charge(s)
legislation.gov.uk/uks…ade
where current number stated on Argos "Contact Us" page is prefixed 0345 and deemed same cost as 01 / 02 prefixes by OFCOM
ofcom.org.uk/pho…ers
Contact your telephone service provider for refund If you called an 0345 number and were charged more that basic rate or charged basic rate when the time of your call was during any applicable inclusive period for basic rate calls.
Twitter always gets a fast response worth a try
The live chat does work you just have to keep trying. i just refreshed the page again and again until the put me into a queue. Told me there would be a 30 minute wait. After 40 minutes I wad connected.

Once connected, the adviser took absolute ages to deal with my query. AGES. But it was dealt with.
doogan920/05/2020 18:36

Wish I’d known that before 😫 I won’t be looking forward to the next phone bill
AndyRoyd20/05/2020 21:08

Post-sales helpline call? Not more than "basic rate" charge(s) …Post-sales helpline call? Not more than "basic rate" charge(s) http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/41/madewhere current number stated on Argos "Contact Us" page is prefixed 0345 and deemed same cost as 01 / 02 prefixes by OFCOMhttps://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/what-are-03-numbersContact your telephone service provider for refund If you called an 0345 number and were charged more that basic rate or charged basic rate when the time of your call was during any applicable inclusive period for basic rate calls.

I’m hoping your right there or il be on the phone for hours with my phone company trying to get them to fix it probably get charged by them aswell while I’m at it😔
notalwaysright1921/05/2020 00:10

The live chat does work you just have to keep trying. i just refreshed the …The live chat does work you just have to keep trying. i just refreshed the page again and again until the put me into a queue. Told me there would be a 30 minute wait. After 40 minutes I wad connected.Once connected, the adviser took absolute ages to deal with my query. AGES. But it was dealt with.

I’ve tried the chat this has been ongoing for weeks now I feel like I’m spending more time trying to contact them then getting on with my own life 30 min wait on live chat then sorry everyone’s busy try finding help online or try again later that’s the auto message I keep getting.
AndyRoyd20/05/2020 21:08

Post-sales helpline call? Not more than "basic rate" charge(s) …Post-sales helpline call? Not more than "basic rate" charge(s) http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/41/madewhere current number stated on Argos "Contact Us" page is prefixed 0345 and deemed same cost as 01 / 02 prefixes by OFCOMhttps://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/what-are-03-numbersContact your telephone service provider for refund If you called an 0345 number and were charged more that basic rate or charged basic rate when the time of your call was during any applicable inclusive period for basic rate calls.

In my case I was trying to phone a local shop directly to ask them to delay returning an item as I could not collect it until a few days later.
doogan921/05/2020 09:05

In my case I was trying to phone a local shop directly to ask them to …In my case I was trying to phone a local shop directly to ask them to delay returning an item as I could not collect it until a few days later.

If the number you called was stated or inferred in your order confirmation there will be a route to recover those call costs above basic rate should you wish to bother.
If the call was prior to formal order there is no restriction on call charges and your scenario appears possibly dissimilar to OP.
doogan921/05/2020 09:05

In my case I was trying to phone a local shop directly to ask them to …In my case I was trying to phone a local shop directly to ask them to delay returning an item as I could not collect it until a few days later.

And did you manage to get that done? You can also do that online via your my account
Sonic_Rahman21/05/2020 03:10

I’ve tried the chat this has been ongoing for weeks now I feel like I …I’ve tried the chat this has been ongoing for weeks now I feel like I’m spending more time trying to contact them then getting on with my own life 30 min wait on live chat then sorry everyone’s busy try finding help online or try again later that’s the auto message I keep getting.

I had much difficulty getting through via online chat for many days.
Then managed it on Saturday afternoon.
Sonic_Rahman21/05/2020 03:06

Wish I’d known that before 😫 I won’t be looking forward to the next pho …Wish I’d known that before 😫 I won’t be looking forward to the next phone bill

I complained last year about delay from their side and not sorting it quicky enough for my liking and me spending ££ on phone bills, they asked me how much I've spent (they asked only, did not ask for any proof about it) and sent money to my account next day. Worth to try;)
notalwaysright1921/05/2020 12:55

And did you manage to get that done? You can also do that online via your …And did you manage to get that done? You can also do that online via your my account

It was a while ago but I don't think I actually managed to delay it. Anyway, useful to know it can be done on my account. Thanks.
abdul520/05/2020 18:49

Email the ceo?

Did that with an item I wanted to return, after a single response from customer services, heard nothing back for 3 weeks, expecting a slow response so not too fussed
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions