Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Argos home delivery problems missing items

23 Comments
I had similar thing happen to me with Wilko delivery they were very good when I told them I have signed to say I had received a parcel but did not sign to say I had opened it and checked the contents the drivers wouldn't have time if everyone checked parcels first
They sent me replacement goods for missing items .
it all depends on how good argos customer service is, as to whether they believe you or more to the point, give you the benefit of the doubt. no one opens a parcel while the delivery man is still there. you would sign to confirm receipt of parcel only.

most retailers would give you the benefit of the doubt unless you keep doing it

we have had items missing before when we buy online in the delivered parcel and the retailers have always sent out replacements without any issue.

sorry, just read your comment and realised the chromebook is missing. i had misread that one lego set is missing, which would not cause issue for replacement, but the chromebook will be contentious.

could it be that the chromebook being electronics is going to be delivered in a separate parcel?

argos.co.uk/hel…328
Edited by: "mutley1" 17th Mar 2019
sd1317/03/2019 22:48

Comment deleted

so how many packages did you receive in total?
sd1317/03/2019 22:52

Comment deleted

were the leaflets about insurance for the chromebook?
sd1317/03/2019 23:07

Comment deleted

i assume that the chromebook is the only electrical item in your purchase? if it is, then it would appear that they have not put the chromebook into that package. does it look like someone has opened it, took out the chromebook, and resealed the bag?
sd1317/03/2019 23:17

Comment deleted

i don't think you will have any problem getting the lego set sent out as it is understandable that the person packing may have got confused, or forgetful, and put in one lego set instead of two, and as it is of relatively low value, i doubt if they will contend it.

however, the chromebook is another matter as that is expensive so they will not give you a replacement without full investigation.

when you speak to them tomorrow, ask them which of the 6 packages the chromebook was meant to be delivered in and then have a look at that bag to see if it is actually big enough to take a chromebook in its cardboard box. what you want to do is to prove to them that the chromebook could not have been delivered in any of the bags as they were not big enough to contain it. This would be the best scenario argument.

hopefully the issue may resolve itself as the chromebook may be delivered separately but hasn't been logged properly on their system, so it may still turn up yet.

i had an order marked on their system as being cancelled but when I called they had to call the store and told me that their system was wrong and that in fact the item was at the store awaiting collection so their system is prone to hiccups.
Open a case with PayPal if they don't do anything about it.
hearts2218/03/2019 05:40

Open a case with PayPal if they don't do anything about it.

Whilst Paypal will help it isn't the easiest solution just yet. You get 180 days to open a Paypal case so there is no rush. Not only that, the op will have to package up and send everything back at *their cost to get Paypal to refund, not ideal but that's how they work.

*there is a £15 reimbursement through "returns on us".
If it becomes necessary to return remaining items in parcel then it could be returned to store.
nannafish9 m ago

If it becomes necessary to return remaining items in parcel then it could …If it becomes necessary to return remaining items in parcel then it could be returned to store.

If you are talking about becoming necessary after opening a PayPal dispute, you have to send the items via a tracked method, you will not get a refund by taking the items back to store.

The op should speak to Argos today, I would not be opening a Paypal case unless every last effort had failed.
Sort of with windym here although my stance would be slightly different with argos.

Delivery receipt on delivery and acceptance of goods are two different things.

At this point you describe you are rejecting the goods as after having had chance to inspect they do not conform to the contract formed (I.e. missing).

Record the time you spoke with them last night. Follow up today with them also taking details - time who etc. Then follow it up in writing (email). The sooner you do the clearer there is an error on their part should other avenues be required.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 18th Mar 2019
Bertz992 h, 57 m ago

...At this point you describe you are rejecting the goods as after having …...At this point you describe you are rejecting the goods as after having had chance to inspect they do not conform to the contract formed (I.e. missing)...

Easily the best interpretational observation I have seen on this forum for quite some time. This forum would benefit from more similar succinct posts. Genuine respect.
sd1318th Mar

Comment deleted

part of modern life. 1st world problem so try to relax and just deal with it as it comes. the likelihood is that you would be able to get it all sorted out as often the retailer will need to cough up. argos is a big retailer so you should be fine.

they have to prove that the chromebook is delivered as much as you have to make an independent judge believe that it was missing so it is not all weighed against you. it just needs time to sort out and the fact that there are other items missing is evidence that something has gone wrong at their end.
sd1318th Mar

Comment deleted

As the customer is not responsible for goods until they have been successfully delivered, I doubt the police will issue you with a crime reference for Argos' loss, but should/would issue one to Argos should Argos request one.
windym18/03/2019 06:08

Whilst Paypal will help it isn't the easiest solution just yet. You get …Whilst Paypal will help it isn't the easiest solution just yet. You get 180 days to open a Paypal case so there is no rush. Not only that, the op will have to package up and send everything back at *their cost to get Paypal to refund, not ideal but that's how they work.*there is a £15 reimbursement through "returns on us".

PayPal actually rejected a claim I made against a seller recently because the timeframe was after 30 days i appealed and they rejected again I rang them to ask reasoning behind this before I appealed they said its been 30days since item delivered I explained it was a gift and didn't open it they said they will appeal it for me and good luck less than a couple of hours later they rejected my claim again. I lost £70 basicly because I didn't open a claim within 30 days Which to be honest is reasonable. but as there T&Cs say you can open a case with in 180days I very rarely check gifts for other people thinking i am covered. My point is if Argos don't respond quick enough I would open a paypal case with in 30 days just in case.
Edited by: "larrylightweight" 18th Mar 2019
larrylightweight18/03/2019 17:54

PayPal actually rejected a claim I made against a seller recently because …PayPal actually rejected a claim I made against a seller recently because the timeframe was after 30 days i appealed and they rejected again I rang them to ask reasoning behind this before I appealed they said its been 30days since item delivered I explained it was a gift and didn't open it they said they will appeal it for me and good luck less than a couple of hours later they rejected my claim again. I lost £70 basicly because I didn't open a claim within 30 days Which to be honest is reasonable. but as there T&Cs say you can open a case with in 180days I very rarely check gifts for other people thinking i am covered. My point is if Argos don't respond quick enough I would open a paypal case with in 30 days just in case.

Paypal give you 180 days.

If you had a problem then something else was amiss.
sd1317 h, 59 m ago

Comment deleted

give them time to investigate. always ask for the name of the person that you are speaking to and note down the date and time of each conversation so you can refer to them in future conversations or claims processing.
windym18/03/2019 19:23

Paypal give you 180 days. If you had a problem then something else was …Paypal give you 180 days. If you had a problem then something else was amiss.

Like I said I didn't open item with in 30days which is actually a reasonable amount of time and no other shop would give you longer to check an item. I lost my case twice because paypal basically said I had plenty of time to check item and report problem. Despite me pointing out you can make a claim with in 180 days they wasn't having it I lost and they said decision is final. And tbh I agree with then in a way as no other shop would give you longer to check items all I'm doing is offering advice and stating it might be best to open case sooner rather than later.
larrylightweight15 m ago

Like I said I didn't open item with in 30days which is actually a …Like I said I didn't open item with in 30days which is actually a reasonable amount of time and no other shop would give you longer to check an item. I lost my case twice because paypal basically said I had plenty of time to check item and report problem. Despite me pointing out you can make a claim with in 180 days they wasn't having it I lost and they said decision is final. And tbh I agree with then in a way as no other shop would give you longer to check items all I'm doing is offering advice and stating it might be best to open case sooner rather than later.

As I say, you have 180 days, if your claim was refused, there is more to it...either it wasn't covered, you paid by friends and family etc. There is no 'you have plenty of time to check item and report problem' .....more to your claim that given. You aren't the Op, so let's concentrate on the op.....
sd1318/03/2019 21:13

Comment deleted

I would think Argos been a big store would be reasonable and sort it before then
sd1319/03/2019 10:36

Comment deleted

did you sign for 7 items?
sd131 h, 30 m ago

Comment deleted

I thought you were at work and your Mum was at your house? If she signed then it might be a slightly different scenario as she presumably did not know what was coming and how many parcels there was going to be?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants