Argos honouring reserved prices when the price increases!

Found 30th May 2012
Just a quick heads up...

Argos terms & conditions state:

4.3 The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order apart from the following two exceptions:
a) For products reserved online for store pick up or any other reservation service the price you pay is the price in store on the day of collection.

However, as I found out today, they are honouring reservations made at a lower price if the price then increases.

I went in for the £22.49 BBQ posted here hotukdeals.com/dea…447 to find out it had gone up to £29.99. I merely commented that it had gone up since reserving & the assistant said it was now company policy to honour the reserved price. I wasn't complaining & was fully expecting to pay the increased price.

She then called a colleague over, who simply checked yesterday's price & then altered it on the till.

I have a receipt showing I paid £22.49 if you need proof.

argos.co.uk/sta…htm
Community Updates
9 Comments
not really a deal
Moved to misc. Thanks for sharing the info.
That's big of them. I would be well cheesed off if I reserved something at a given price and they then tried to charge more when I turned up the next day.
deek72

That's big of them. I would be well cheesed off if I reserved something … That's big of them. I would be well cheesed off if I reserved something at a given price and they then tried to charge more when I turned up the next day.

Ah but it's in their terms & conditions. Which have apparently been ripped up lol
they don't have to honour the price and many mangers wont do it so not guaranteed
deanos

they don't have to honour the price and many mangers wont do it so not … they don't have to honour the price and many mangers wont do it so not guaranteed

They did it for ma a few weeks ago when they sold the skylanders starter pack for £20 (I reserved and collected the next day by that point it had gone up to something like £45), HOWEVER the manager didnt look too impressed when he was changing the price on the till.
FleetFanatic

Ah but it's in their terms & conditions. Which have apparently been … Ah but it's in their terms & conditions. Which have apparently been ripped up lol

I'm sure it is. But for the amount of times a price must increase between reservation and collection, you'd think that they would already be honouring it.
yeah, i did this a couple of years ago.
I have ever had a problem when price has gone up
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants