Argos Hygena Bergen Wardrobe

Found 4th Apr
Hi,

I had purchased the above wardrobe but the wardrobe side doors are of different size.

The link below shows the instruction manual and as per part 1 and 2, the height has a difference of 3cm. As a result I'm unable to put in panel 2 door.

Surely for the wardrobe to be straight and fit properly, the two side doors need to be the same size?!? (see page 3 of the instruction manual)

It's my first tine building a wardrobe (probably my last as well) but was hoping to see what people thought of this and whether I'm doing something wrong or I've been sent the wrong size door.

argos-support.co.uk/ins…pdf

Hopefully I've explained that well.

Thank you for your help.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  2. Wardrobe
32 Comments
From the manual both sliding doors are made up of 3 panels each of 65cm in height. Can you measure all 6 panels to ensure they are the same height?
Original Poster
dush_yant14 m ago

From the manual both sliding doors are made up of 3 panels each of 65cm in …From the manual both sliding doors are made up of 3 panels each of 65cm in height. Can you measure all 6 panels to ensure they are the same height?

Hi,

Sorry if I didn't make it clear. I'm on about the two side panels. The right panel is slightly bigger than the left panel in height
Moqsy39 m ago

Hi,Sorry if I didn't make it clear. I'm on about the two side panels. The …Hi,Sorry if I didn't make it clear. I'm on about the two side panels. The right panel is slightly bigger than the left panel in height

I see. The manual contains the dimensions of all the panels. If the dimensions don’t match then for sure you got the wrong part.
It makes no sense for the sides to be different.
I've looked at the sizes and the pictures and the only thing I think of is they've made it wrong.
Original Poster
dush_yant22 m ago

I see. The manual contains the dimensions of all the panels. If the …I see. The manual contains the dimensions of all the panels. If the dimensions don’t match then for sure you got the wrong part.

In the manual it says that the left and right door (1 & 2 on page 3) are different sizes. How can that be? One size of the wardrobe will be bigger than the other #confused.com lol
Original Poster
Darzen4 m ago

It makes no sense for the sides to be different. I've looked at the sizes …It makes no sense for the sides to be different. I've looked at the sizes and the pictures and the only thing I think of is they've made it wrong.

Exactly what I think. It simply can't be different sizes even though it says that on the instruction manual.

Might have to return. Shame cause I got it using the ebay&argos 20% + 20% off deal.
Moqsy7 m ago

Exactly what I think. It simply can't be different sizes even though it …Exactly what I think. It simply can't be different sizes even though it says that on the instruction manual. Might have to return. Shame cause I got it using the ebay&argos 20% + 20% off deal.

Ring the technical helpline and see what they say.
Original Poster
Darzen3 m ago

Ring the technical helpline and see what they say.

I've asked for a replacement side panel. Hopefully it will be the same size as the left side.

Appreciate the help 👌
I've just looked again, on the instructions the width is 3cm different, not the height. The width is different as 1 acts as a stop for the sliding doors.
Have you actually measured the height ?
33576743-9mioh.jpg
Original Poster
Darzen8 m ago

I've just looked again, on the instructions the width is 3cm different, …I've just looked again, on the instructions the width is 3cm different, not the height. The width is different as 1 acts as a stop for the sliding doors.Have you actually measured the height ?

If you look at page 12, it says to put through the right sided panel but mine doesn't fit into the holes. The left side has fitted in perfectly
Hope Argos don't make u re pack everything like they done with me after already spending 5 hours setting up daughters cot and bed, when it come to wardrobe they left a hinge and asked me to repackage everything, I went to my local diy store and picked it up instead lol. Couldn't believe they asked me to re pack everything lol
Can you put the pieces side by side and take a pic?
Edited by: "lisa4rob09" 4th Apr
Original Poster
lisa4rob091 h, 36 m ago

Can you put the pieces side by side and take a pic?

The wardrobe is half complete. Just have to fit in the right panel door but because it is bigger than the left one, it doesn't fit in (ie it doesn't go into the holes of either the front, middle or bottom of the wardrobe)

I'm so confused. Surely for the wardrobe to fit, both panel side doors have to be the same. Otherwise it wouldn't be symmetrical
Original Poster
machomansavage1 h, 58 m ago

Hope Argos don't make u re pack everything like they done with me after …Hope Argos don't make u re pack everything like they done with me after already spending 5 hours setting up daughters cot and bed, when it come to wardrobe they left a hinge and asked me to repackage everything, I went to my local diy store and picked it up instead lol. Couldn't believe they asked me to re pack everything lol

Hope not, but if it doesn't fit then I guess I have no other option
Moqsy5 m ago

Hope not, but if it doesn't fit then I guess I have no other option

Fingers crossed for u buddy
Moqsy18 m ago

The wardrobe is half complete. Just have to fit in the right panel door …The wardrobe is half complete. Just have to fit in the right panel door but because it is bigger than the left one, it doesn't fit in (ie it doesn't go into the holes of either the front, middle or bottom of the wardrobe)I'm so confused. Surely for the wardrobe to fit, both panel side doors have to be the same. Otherwise it wouldn't be symmetrical

I thought you meant the cupboard side panels not the doors.
You do realise they are sliding doors ? They don't go in to any holes in the wardrobe.
They go on the runners.
You fit the left first , which goes on the outer part of the runner.
Then the right door, fit the bottom first in to inner runner then slide over the top so that's in the inner runner too, then push over the clip that locks it in.
Edited by: "Darzen" 4th Apr
Original Poster
Darzen8 m ago

I thought you meant the cupboard side panels not the doors.You do realise …I thought you meant the cupboard side panels not the doors.You do realise they are sliding doors ? They don't go in to any holes in the wardrobe.They go on the runners. You fit the left first , which goes on the outer part of the runner.Then the right door, fit the bottom first in to inner runner then slide over the top so that's in the inner runner too, then push over the clip that locks it in.

Sorry I sound like a real amateur! I do mean the cupboard side doors and not the actual sliding doors. Haven't reached the sliding doors part yet lol
Original Poster
33578231-gqdAU.jpgThis is how it is on the right side. With the bottom fully on the floor
33578231-ZQ0X0.jpgAnd that is how the left side is.
Those pics are sideways yes ?

I think I know where you've gone wrong.
Original Poster
Darzen3 m ago

Those pics are sideways yes ?I think I know where you've gone wrong.

Yes they are
Moqsy1 m ago

Yes they are

Ok. Give me 5 I know exactly where you've gone wrong.
The right side is wider. As it should be according to the instructions.
Left 199.8 long by 52.9 wide.

Right 199.8 long by 55.8 wide.
It doesn't say on the instructions but you need to prop the rest of the cupboard up by 3cm when you fit the right side. So the sticking out bit is on the front.

33578344.jpg
Basically it should be on its back when building so it's all flat, then turn over ( with 2 people) to put the back on.
Darzen is correct. Prop left side up by 3cm then attach right side
Original Poster
Darzen19 m ago

It doesn't say on the instructions but you need to prop the rest of the …It doesn't say on the instructions but you need to prop the rest of the cupboard up by 3cm when you fit the right side. So the sticking out bit is on the front.[Image] Basically it should be on its back when building so it's all flat, then turn over ( with 2 people) to put the back on.

So following the manual would be slightly incorrect, as it says to build on it's face. (The finished part is on the floor according to the manual)

Could you possibly explain in layman terms as I'm not really experienced at all in this. I do apologise, but I am thankful for your comments and advice.

I've built it up to page 8 at the moment. Couldn't do page 9 as it wouldn't go in. Would you recommend me starting it again?

Thank you all for your comments. Much appreciated
Moqsy42 m ago

So following the manual would be slightly incorrect, as it says to build …So following the manual would be slightly incorrect, as it says to build on it's face. (The finished part is on the floor according to the manual)Could you possibly explain in layman terms as I'm not really experienced at all in this. I do apologise, but I am thankful for your comments and advice. I've built it up to page 8 at the moment. Couldn't do page 9 as it wouldn't go in. Would you recommend me starting it again?Thank you all for your comments. Much appreciated

No need to take apart, just plonk something under the lower bits (shelf, top etc ) on this pic to match the holes up so the back is all square .

33578818-vRWgN.jpg
Make sure the white edge is at the front ( facing down ) as that's what you'll see when its open.
Original Poster
Darzen7 h, 16 m ago

No need to take apart, just plonk something under the lower bits (shelf, … No need to take apart, just plonk something under the lower bits (shelf, top etc ) on this pic to match the holes up so the back is all square .[Image]

Thanks for that. I'll re-attempt this afer work. Hopefully all goes well
Moqsy23 h, 34 m ago

Thanks for that. I'll re-attempt this afer work. Hopefully all goes well

Have you managed to complete it?
Original Poster
lisa4rob0935 m ago

Have you managed to complete it?

Darzen was right. I had to lift the wardrobe by 3cm for all of it to fit together. I've managed to put both side panels on. Just have to do the back and then put the sliding doors on and we should be good to go.

Thank you for your help and Darzen as well. Much appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants