Expired

Argos outlet - poor service

Found 19th Sep 2011
Just a warning to factor in when buying from Ebay argos outlet.

They sent me the wrong tv. Should have been a TV/DVD combi, the tv arrived and it was only the tv. On top of that, it was described as new, in box, 12 month guarantee. The item appears used.

I could get no reply to the phone number provided on the date the tv arrived, midweek, and then eventually got through the next day. By then I had already sent an email via Ebay I had been sent the wrong product. The next day I tried the phone number again, and after several goes I got through. The lady was very nice and asked me to photograph the box, the tv etc. etc to prove I had been sent the wrong item! I did this within a couple of hours and emailed all the details from the ad and my receipt etc. and as discussed i would be happy to accept to accept a part refund or they collect and deliver the ordered item. Since then, last week nothing. The email went to the ladies personal email at Argos. Tried ringing friday, tried ringing Saturday, tried ringing this morning to confirm email received and come to a resolution.

Ok, appreciated some people may think it is only a few days, but it's pretty poor when you have a problem. You expect a quick and simple resolution. The issue is it's difficult to contact them and they don't call you back, and of copurse they sent the wrong item anyway. Just worth considering if buying anything of value.
Community Updates
Misc
33 Comments
Just flag it with eBay/Paypal and it should get things moving a bit quicker
I had same problems with my laptops from Dixons. 3 weeks on still waiting for a refund.
I had an email from this guy, couldn't be bothered to return my low cost item though.
Chris 0845 600 0213
Must admit I had a camera that developed a fault 8 months after purchasing it from them (with 12 month guarantee). I contacted them through ebay and they asked me to send it back. They refunded me within days, no problems.
Made several deals with Argos Outlet, next day delivery and perfect service. Really can't fault them. Argos Store, completely different. Bought a laptop, 6 months use, screen went. Took it to store, "O.K. will be back in 16 days". Still waiting 3 weeks later. Stood in store making my case, loudly, to all potential customers, 7 left without buying. Manager phoned somewhere, laptop back next day!!!
i returned a netbook that was faulty,,they recieved it back on monday 13th feb and have not emailed me or refunded yet,,,i have been sending them messages everyday
i just rang the number above,,they said to allow 7 working days for a refund,,,i wont be using them again
Just had to ring that number (refurb laptop died after 30 mins use!). Lady very friendly and sending a courier to pick it up Monday and will 'refund to paypal within 7 days'. I'm assuming that is to make them look really good if they refund in 5/6 days?? We'll see; I'll update this thread when it's all gone through.
I have not had the best experience with them either - I won't be going back. Warranties and issues are dealt with by an external company based in Coventry. It took then over a month to replace a fault power supply.
i got my refund on time,,but all the chasing up did my head in
Banned
beenie

i got my refund on time,,but all the chasing up did my head in

most companies take up to 7 days for a refund. Maybe if you'd been more patient, you wouldnt have done your head in
my husband returning a refurb laptop also - within 3 hrs use it couldn't start properly and asked us to recover at which point we thought, no way. We used CollectPlus so I can see it has been received by them - only been 4 days mind you.

What I really wanted to say was that under law, if the item purchased is under 6 months old (presumably that includes refurbs as they are essentially sold as new items) it is NOT the customer that has to prove fault, it is the retailer that has to prove there is NO FAULT. So if they ask you to take pics (I've done this also!) you are actually not obliged. If the item is faulty or incorrect, the onus is on the SELLER, and in those situations they HAVE to refund the return cost (which is why we used CollectPlus as there was no cost to us on return).

Hope that helps people out there!
This outlet part of ebay is ruining argos reputation after using this on ebay I will never shop at argos again the service is shocking with this outlet, rude on ebay case, rude on emails, rude on the 0845!

If they cant handle orders/customers via this ebay outlet it should be closed down!

I have to return 2 pairs of curtains to Argos outlet - I already ordered 4 pairs and they were fine, but slight faults with these. Advice given was that Argos would refund cost of RM recorded, but this was going to be £11.25 EACH. Phoned Argos today on the 0845 number, lady I spoke to was lovely and emailed me Collect+ labels - several shops near to me and no cost to return. Can't fault Argos outlet so far, have purchased lots from them, this is first return but so far, so good!
If you leave them negative feedback they also block you
beenie

i returned a netbook that was faulty,,they recieved it back on monday … i returned a netbook that was faulty,,they recieved it back on monday 13th feb and have not emailed me or refunded yet,,,i have been sending them messages everyday

each message probably puts you back to the end of the line, send one and just wait
I bought a Tv from argos outlet after 6 days still waiting for the delivery took out an extra warranty so have a warranty but no tv...chased it up to the delivery company which is yodel according to the tracking details they have had my tv for 4 days and have yet to deliver it really annoyed now have to wait till monday which will be the 8th april... If it doesnt arrive I will be ready to explode..they will get the full force......
Returned a re-conditioned tablet (who doesn't check a product to see if the WiFi turns on??) - first tried their pc department who informed me they didn't deal with the product I had. Then the customer services woman I spoke to was incredibly rude. After getting someone to print me off the label for collect+ and going all the way across town to find a shop to take it, the product was returned. Took 6 days for refund to be processed and I was informed by a nicer customer services lady that I should have included a note with reference numbers so they knew who had returned the package as the collect+ labels often get ripped or discarded. Now it will take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on my card as refund was issued through paypal! The whole thing has been a complete waste of time as well as upsetting (this was all for a present for my sons birthday) and I would not recommend that anyone buy reconditioned items from these people.
Argos eBay - Disgraceful After-sales Service

Ordered a Lego car before Christmas and it arrived in a terrible state, it was damaged in transit with the loo of the item it was like it when it was sent out, the paper was all ripped it was all worn away where it looked like it had got wet, should never have been picked let a lone despatch to me to give to someone as a Christmas present.

I emailed them to notify them and all i got was "re-order and send that one back" at my expenses.

i asked them if they could send a replacement via a courier service to ensure it arrived by Christmas ad receive a standard template saying AGAIN "re-order and send that one back"

I have now sent it back and they are refusing to give me my full refund, this is a breach of the distance selling regulations and i will be pursuing the matter further.

Not only are they refusing to refund my order, there after sales agents continue to send me generic templates responses and are refusing to escalate the matter further by not responding to any of my emails.

Do not touch with a barge pole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fluffybham

Argos eBay - Disgraceful After-sales Service Ordered a Lego car before … Argos eBay - Disgraceful After-sales Service Ordered a Lego car before Christmas and it arrived in a terrible state, it was damaged in transit with the loo of the item it was like it when it was sent out, the paper was all ripped it was all worn away where it looked like it had got wet, should never have been picked let a lone despatch to me to give to someone as a Christmas present. I emailed them to notify them and all i got was "re-order and send that one back" at my expenses. i asked them if they could send a replacement via a courier service to ensure it arrived by Christmas ad receive a standard template saying AGAIN "re-order and send that one back" I have now sent it back and they are refusing to give me my full refund, this is a breach of the distance selling regulations and i will be pursuing the matter further.Not only are they refusing to refund my order, there after sales agents continue to send me generic templates responses and are refusing to escalate the matter further by not responding to any of my emails. Do not touch with a barge pole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.filmixer.pl/galeria_pocz/Cool-story-bro,Rambo,5510_600_h.jpg
or a bog brush as in your case
NEVER buy from ebay outlet. There delivery time states 2-3 days for item despatch time, however items can take up to 6-8weeks to be delivered.

I brought something recently and experienced this. Customer services weren't interest and said that delivery times vary. If they do, DONT STATE ON EBAY THAT THE DELIVERY TIME IS 2-3 DAYS.

To all people never buy from this argos outlet damaged destroyed bin items cerful for this No contact with " power seller"
I BOUGHT THE WRONG LAPTOP ON EBAY, SO I PHONED UP ARGOS 03333359944.....THEY E-MAILED A RETURNS FORM TO ME AND I PRINTED IT OFF STUCK IT TO THE PARCEL AND TOOK IT TO THE LOCAL CORNER SHOP WITH CLICK-COLLECT+.... ARGOS TELL YOU WHO IS THE CLOSEST IN UR AREA WITH THIS SERVICE..!

YOU GET IT SCANNED BY SHOP , THERES A BARCODE ON RETURNS FORM, AND YOU GET A TRACKING NUMBER... ALL FREE NO POSTAGE COSTS...

NOT ALL ITEMS BOUGHT ON EBAY CAN BE PICKED UP OR DELIVERED BY COLLECT+ FROM AN ARGOS STORE..!

I GOT A REFUND WITHIN TWO DAYS THROUGH PAYPAL AND BOUGHT NICE REFURBISHED LAPTOP..AND IF IT EVER BREAKS WITHIN THE WARRANTY THEY SEND A COURIER WHO TAKES IT AWAY FOR REPAIR AND BRINGS IT BACK....

FIRST CLASS SERVICE FROM ARGOS AND IT DIDN'T COST A PENNY AND IT WAS MY FAULT I GOT THE WRONG ITEM..
Ordered a tablet from the outlet before Christmas and it arrived shortly after. It was working however charging was intermittent however was not much of a problem to begin with. Contacted them after it failed to charge at all and they told me to send it to their designated repair shop. Which I did, at my expense only for it to be sent back saying they wouldn't fix it as it cost to much to fix. Tried to contact the outlet for a replacement,so far three times only for them to ignore every single email. Absolutely appauling service which is ruining the reputation of an otherwise 5 star company. Do not use at all.
Stay clear. Absolutely disgusting service. Ordered a tablet it didn't arrive the day ot said so missed the delivery. Driver posted card saying he's left parcel in garden checked it wasn't there. Seriously who leaves an electrical it's in a garden on a corner house on a council estate with a high school at the top of the road. Contacted them immediately they said they'd investigate with royal mail and that if the driver admits it then they will get back but then advised to open an investigation through ebay to covering my own back. Ebay investigated and ruled in there favor as the provided a delivery tracking number. Rang ebay back and they said they cant change the decision and to contact the seller again directly. Contacted Argos outlet and asked for a manager as the first woman said they couldn't change ebays decision and therefore not refunding me even though this was now a week later and the driver admitted to leaving in garden.
I explained that they were investigating it and that I only opened the ebay thing on their advise so why was it ebays decision if the driver gad come back with the answer they were waiting for. I was told managed was phoning me back and that it would be within 3 hours. No phone call back so I re rang and I was told they would re send an email to the manager as it was a different department. Just before they shut two hours later again and still no phone call I re rang.

At this point the call centre man said I've just overheard the manager say they were calling you back. But I thought you couldn't reach the and they were a different department. Anyway she clearly had 5 hours to know exactly what she was going to say and do and at no point did she try and help me she was just rude. So no tablet no money back and a rather dis heartened 4 year old with no birthday present as I'm a student and cant afford to rebuy. How do you sleep at night!!!!
IF U DIDN'T ASK FOR THE ITEM TO BE LEFT OUTSIDE WHEN U BOUGHT IT, GO AFTER THE COURIER COMPANY IT'S THERE FAULT..!
NORMALLY DRIVERS WILL NOT LEAVE PARCELS IN WHEELIE BINS ETC
BlackCloud

Just a warning to factor in when buying from Ebay argos outlet.They … Just a warning to factor in when buying from Ebay argos outlet.They sent me the wrong tv. Should have been a TV/DVD combi, the tv arrived and it was only the tv. On top of that, it was described as new, in box, 12 month guarantee. The item appears used.I could get no reply to the phone number provided on the date the tv arrived, midweek, and then eventually got through the next day. By then I had already sent an email via Ebay I had been sent the wrong product. The next day I tried the phone number again, and after several goes I got through. The lady was very nice and asked me to photograph the box, the tv etc. etc to prove I had been sent the wrong item! I did this within a couple of hours and emailed all the details from the ad and my receipt etc. and as discussed i would be happy to accept to accept a part refund or they collect and deliver the ordered item. Since then, last week nothing. The email went to the ladies personal email at Argos. Tried ringing friday, tried ringing Saturday, tried ringing this morning to confirm email received and come to a resolution.Ok, appreciated some people may think it is only a few days, but it's pretty poor when you have a problem. You expect a quick and simple resolution. The issue is it's difficult to contact them and they don't call you back, and of copurse they sent the wrong item anyway. Just worth considering if buying anything of value.

ITEM SALE ON ARGOS OUTLET ARE DAMAGE AND DONT LAST MORE THAN 12 MONTH, BE WARE OF THOSE SCAMERS
ARGOS AUT,ET ARE SCAMERS, ALL ITEMS ARRE DAMAGE AND WILL NOT FIXED AFTER 12 MONTHS, DONT BUY FORM THEM

rompindonkey

IF U DIDN'T ASK FOR THE ITEM TO BE LEFT OUTSIDE WHEN U BOUGHT IT, GO … IF U DIDN'T ASK FOR THE ITEM TO BE LEFT OUTSIDE WHEN U BOUGHT IT, GO AFTER THE COURIER COMPANY IT'S THERE FAULT..!NORMALLY DRIVERS WILL NOT LEAVE PARCELS IN WHEELIE BINS ETC

BlackCloud

Just a warning to factor in when buying from Ebay argos outlet.They … Just a warning to factor in when buying from Ebay argos outlet.They sent me the wrong tv. Should have been a TV/DVD combi, the tv arrived and it was only the tv. On top of that, it was described as new, in box, 12 month guarantee. The item appears used.I could get no reply to the phone number provided on the date the tv arrived, midweek, and then eventually got through the next day. By then I had already sent an email via Ebay I had been sent the wrong product. The next day I tried the phone number again, and after several goes I got through. The lady was very nice and asked me to photograph the box, the tv etc. etc to prove I had been sent the wrong item! I did this within a couple of hours and emailed all the details from the ad and my receipt etc. and as discussed i would be happy to accept to accept a part refund or they collect and deliver the ordered item. Since then, last week nothing. The email went to the ladies personal email at Argos. Tried ringing friday, tried ringing Saturday, tried ringing this morning to confirm email received and come to a resolution.Ok, appreciated some people may think it is only a few days, but it's pretty poor when you have a problem. You expect a quick and simple resolution. The issue is it's difficult to contact them and they don't call you back, and of copurse they sent the wrong item anyway. Just worth considering if buying anything of value.

luissasa

ARGOS AUT,ET ARE SCAMERS, ALL ITEMS ARRE DAMAGE AND WILL NOT FIXED AFTER … ARGOS AUT,ET ARE SCAMERS, ALL ITEMS ARRE DAMAGE AND WILL NOT FIXED AFTER 12 MONTHS, DONT BUY FORM THEM

WHY IS EVERYONE BUMPING UP A 4 YEAR OLD THREAD & WRITING WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON ???
I DON'T KNOW BUT IT'S CATCHING ON ....
HA HA CLASSIC!
Better calling Argos Clearance Outlet 0845 600 0213 at 9am first thing...took me 2 days to get through....Although did get a quick refund 24Hrs and re-ordered another laptop...Free Collect + when returning...
Beware most laptops are refurbished on Ebay but I've never had any break downs
Returns to Argos...... Faults to D+J Henry...!
Argos Outlet
Unit B
Tyson Courtyard
Weldon South Industrial Estate
CORBY
NN18 8AZ
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants