Expired

ARGOS part missing

Found 31st Aug 2011
Hi has anyone been in similar situation? I picked up a dolls mansion for my daughters birthday tomorrow, I've just unpacked it only to find two screws missing, there Not normal ones otherwise I could of probably sorted it, if I go to store tomorrow and explain will they be able to give me another pack of screws from another dolls mansion, would I have to return the whole thing? I'm so annoyed as it's her main present and now won't be able to use it.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

you'd have to return the whole lot

Thanks, bloody pain in the butt, I will never get it all back in the box properly.
Edited by: "pink-ka" 31st Aug 2011

When I had a grill missing from bbq, I just rang them up and they took one from another and give me it. No questions asked. I find that Argos are quite good for things like that.

Just feel for the poor sod that got the bbq that they had took it from

Defo ring them before you start putting it all back in the box.
Edited by: "maccy1" 31st Aug 2011

Does everybody count all the screws. I presume its made off MDF or chipboardyou should be able to modify another screw. Screwfix have lots of screws once you put it together you can allways add extra screws for stability

supermod

It might be an idea to also reserve one now for the store you're going to tomorrow so that you know that they'll have another one in stock for you - I've had bits missing / broken before from Argos purchases and they've normally opened a new sealed pack and got the pieces out if the item is large or already partially assembled

Edited by: "sigma" 31st Aug 2011

if I go to store tomorrow and explain will they be able to give me … if I go to store tomorrow and explain will they be able to give me another pack of screws from another dolls mansion

*2 weeks ago*

Customer: "Hi, I bought a dolls house and I have noticed there is a few screws missing, is there any chance you could possibly just take the screws out of another dolls house box?"

Argos: "Yes, no problem give me a few minutes...."

And so the cycle continues... (_;)

Argos in my opinion have always been fantastic with missing parts. They sort out really quickly and have never asked me to return the whole thing. Have always just sent out the missing or incorrect bit asap

Original Poster

Thanks for all the replys, it's sorted now, the instructions that showed how many screws and bits you get showed 4 separate screw bits when they actually came together if that makes sense lol so I thought 2 were missing until I realised they were screwed into another bit and they looked nothing like the picture, just finished putting it together and wrapped it up and put balloons and banners up, can't wait for her to get up now.

CHIPBOARD FURNITURE = RUBBISH
had my share of it and sick of it falling apart after a few months like kitchen cabinets too

Banned

Women + DIY = fail

raptorcigs

CHIPBOARD FURNITURE = RUBBISHhad my share of it and sick of it falling … CHIPBOARD FURNITURE = RUBBISHhad my share of it and sick of it falling apart after a few months like kitchen cabinets too

Appreciate your passion there raptorcigs!

Perhaps you need to ammend your 1p thread incase someone stupidly offers you a CHIPBOARD house.

Glad you got sorted OP. Have made the same mistake myself from time to time.

Original Poster

dimebars

Women + DIY = fail

Haha I'm normally good at DIY.

I hate Argos a few times times they tried to give me clearly returned items obviously unaware that you cant do this , but that still dont stop them believe they got done once before by trading standards.

Dont shop in Argos anymore for this reason, if i really need too i try and check that everything is sealed and new.

raptorcigs

CHIPBOARD FURNITURE = RUBBISHhad my share of it and sick of it falling … CHIPBOARD FURNITURE = RUBBISHhad my share of it and sick of it falling apart after a few months like kitchen cabinets too

If you want them more sturdy use PVA glue and not just the crews.

Sure after 4 years this has all been sorted.

oO

Demonmeister

Sure after 4 years this has all been sorted.oO

I dunno. Probably still trying to get it sorted knowing Argos CS.

Demonmeister

Sure after 4 years this has all been sorted.oO

Lol.After 4 years the dolls house is probably no more.
Post a comment
@
    Text