Argos PlayStation 5 - 3yrs protection

Posted 11th Nov 2021
Could you please share your experiences with Argos about taking out insurance with them. they offer 3 years Care plan for around £ 50...
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    For what it’s worth I’ve had zero issues with my PS5 over the past 12 months, it may not be a necessary purchase.
    I never pay extra for insurance on electrical items. Any issues I have ever had have been resolved under warranty.

What are Argos really going to do outside of the manufacturer warranty? They rarely get new stock of PS5. They will give you a refund or go to manufacturer.
    I bought this for my ps3 years ago and was a waste of money.

playstation built to last unlike Xbox’s lol
    Does the ps5 have any common issues, if so worth it otherwise not worth it as you will probably encounter these issues after warranty ends. My PS3 stopped reading games after 4years of owning it and PS4 pro has fan issues.
    Argos protection is great, they just give you a brand new one although mine was with a trimmer. (edited)
    Mrcrazyman6911/11/2021 14:26

Owned my PS5 for about a month now without issues, however I know someone …Owned my PS5 for about a month now without issues, however I know someone who bought on launch and their controller has drift issues. Does this also cover the controller as that seems the most problematic thing so far?

Even if it does...They have no stock! They will just go to Sony, and you can do that yourself.

My PS5 triggers were loose (known problem). Sony replaced them within a fortnight.
    Had Argos insurance for the last 6 year for a ps4 and for the price you pay…it has came in very handy as had numerous repairs on the 1st ps4 and then they eventually replaced with a brand new one so I can’t complain!
    Author
    What's included:

Immediate accidental damage cover (including water damage).
    Breakdown cover after your manufacturer's guarantee has ended.
    Unlimited repairs of your product.
    A brand new replacement or Argos vouchers if we can't repair your product.
    Worldwide cover.
    What's not included:

Loss, theft, cosmetic and deliberate damage.
    The cost of installation of a replacement product and disposal of your product.
    The cost of replacing any consumables or accessories.
    Breakdown or accidental damage covered by another guarantee or warranty.

how will they know it accidental damage (covered) and deliberate damage (not covered). (edited)
    greg007111/11/2021 11:14

how will they know it accidental damage (covered) and deliberate damage …how will they know it accidental damage (covered) and deliberate damage (not covered).

They have access to your alexa devices.
    Owned my PS5 for about a month now without issues, however I know someone who bought on launch and their controller has drift issues. Does this also cover the controller as that seems the most problematic thing so far?
    greg007111/11/2021 11:14

What's included:Immediate accidental damage cover (including water …What's included:Immediate accidental damage cover (including water damage).Breakdown cover after your manufacturer's guarantee has ended.Unlimited repairs of your product.A brand new replacement or Argos vouchers if we can't repair your product.Worldwide cover.What's not included:Loss, theft, cosmetic and deliberate damage.The cost of installation of a replacement product and disposal of your product.The cost of replacing any consumables or accessories.Breakdown or accidental damage covered by another guarantee or warranty.how will they know it accidental damage (covered) and deliberate damage (not covered).

I’ve worked in insurance, trust me they know.
's avatar