Groups

ARGOS RECALL - Value Hand Blender item 909/8367/Model HB972A00 SOLD 1/5/16 to 23/1/2017 - RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK

Email from Argos:

Value Hand Blender - Customer Notice
    Cat Number 909/8367
    Notice added 27th January 2017

The Instructions supplied with the product are incorrect. The instructions advise customers that the Hand Blender has a two part assembly, where the lower part of the blender can be removed from the handle. Now whilst it takes a great deal of force, if the instructions are followed the Hand Blender can be broken apart, and in certain circumstances may pose a risk of electric shock.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
    If you've bought a Simple Value Hand Blender - Catalogue Number 909/8367 between between 1 May 2016 and 23 January 2017 and if it has model number HB972A00 on the rating plate.

We need to advise for you not to remove the lower part as this product is one piece. If you would like new instructions, they can be downloaded from argos-support.co.uk/909…367

argos.co.uk/fea…tml
    tradingstandards.uk/con…620

15 Comments

SuperEd

Thanks for the heads up

Original Poster

goonertillidie

Thanks for the heads up

Welcome

Thanks

Original Poster

login name

Thanks

Welcome

Thanks for posting

Original Poster

summerof76

Thanks for posting

Welcome

oO.
    So nothing wrong with the blender then
    No need to return then (_;)

Original Poster

thewongwing101

oO. So nothing wrong with the blender thenNo need to return then (_;)

Take a chance one of your family don't try to remove it. Better safe than sorry in my opinion.

Argos emailed me, I assume as I bought this when logged into My Account on the website. If you want a refund they will give one - notice the Trading Standards Institute link in my post, if they are concerned you as a consumer should be.

seaniboy

Take a chance one of your family don't try to remove it. Better safe than … Take a chance one of your family don't try to remove it. Better safe than sorry in my opinion.Argos emailed me, I assume as I bought this when logged into My Account on the website. If you want a refund they will give one - notice the Trading Standards Institute link in my post, if they are concerned you as a consumer should be.

Just to clarify you bought this?
    Edited by moderator: "," 31st Jan

Original Poster

Mods there were 5 product recalls yesterday, 1 one today, etc etc given this is Trading Standards UK recall notices and via twitter twitter.com/cts…_uk can we not be proactive with recalls as much as HUKD shopping ? Even alert people of such via whats app when recalls are done and promote the Trading Standards Institute twitter feed too ?

I can understand argos have a legal obligation to do a 'recall' based on the instructions being faulty but
    What a senseless waste of human life

Hi, you need to remove the full stop on the instruction manual download link as it currently doesn't work.
    Just thought I would mention it so it can be amended (this link - http://www.argos-support.co.uk/9098367.)

Original Poster

eclipsesportswear

Hi, you need to remove the full stop on the instruction manual download … Hi, you need to remove the full stop on the instruction manual download link as it currently doesn't work.Just thought I would mention it so it can be amended (this link - http://www.argos-support.co.uk/9098367)

Was working yesterday, removing the full stop does nothing to correct Argos removal of it ?

Very poor given they have the link here argos.co.uk/fea…tml
    Edited by: "seaniboy" 1st Feb

Works for me, managed to download the new manual on that page!

Original Poster

eclipsesportswear

Works for me, managed to download the new manual on that page!

Ahh they have fixed it again
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door56
      2. Cool kettle Bosch kettle cashback won't work. Help!22
      3. Question for electrician on bathroom fan45
      4. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?45

See more discussions