Argos recruiting ex Woolies managers

just been on Argos jobfinder page and found this

Business Area: Argos Stores
Salary: £ Competitive salary + excellent benefits

The Roles

We are interested in hearing from all Woolworths Retail Managers.

We will have the following positions available in the new year

* Store Managers

* Stock Managers

* Customer Service Managers

Apply today! We will keep your details on hold and will be in contact with you as soon as a suitable vacancy arises.

The Business

The Argos catalogue - and the brand it represents - is still one of the UK's boldest and best performing retail concepts. With a catalogue in over 70% of UK homes, thousands of product lines and annual sales that top 3 billion - Argos is one of the country's largest non-food retail chains.

We are opening around 30 stores a year in line with our continued expansion and with 80% of our recruitment being done internally you can be sure that your career will be growing along with our business.

it at secure.argoscareers.com/job…tml if anyone interested

13 Comments

they could be going bust themself if their troubles worsen, and i doubt opening new stores is viable. they have 2 within a mile where i am, 1 would suffice.

Original Poster

Im not sure getting a job anywhere other than a supermarket is going to feel safe at the mo but its worth a shot, in my opinion its one of the better options:)

myaser88;4207434

they have 2 within a mile where i am, 1 would suffice.

I have 4 within a 5 mins drive from my house. Depressing thing is everytime ive wanted something they never have it, so i have to go to another .

well at least they've got something to apply for..... jobs are few and far between atm

dcx_badass;4207794

Or get a job at a school, my job is 100% safe, I'm quitting it in APril … Or get a job at a school, my job is 100% safe, I'm quitting it in APril though and they're replacing me with two people!

my cousin loses her job at a school in summer, when the school closes.

i think argos is fairly safe at the moment.

If Argos go too my life will be over! :lol:

myaser88;4207434

they could be going bust themself if their troubles worsen, and i doubt … they could be going bust themself if their troubles worsen, and i doubt opening new stores is viable. they have 2 within a mile where i am, 1 would suffice.

They haven't made anything less than a £60 million profit in the last 10 years & last years (year ending Feb 08) were the highest yet at over £400m :?

AberBargoed;4208738

They haven't made anything less than a £60 million profit in the last 10 … They haven't made anything less than a £60 million profit in the last 10 years & last years (year ending Feb 08) were the highest yet at over £400m :?

bloomberg.com/app…ope

myaser88;4209274

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=aCLv0zGeSa6k&refer=europe

I can't quite deduce how you came to the conclusion that they are at risk of going bust from that article :thinking:

well lets hope they will be a little more polite then the staff at my local store!! arrogant lil $%&*^£$

I think there are alot of people who wouldnt know where to get things without the laminated book of dreams!!

AberBargoed;4209355

I can't quite deduce how you came to the conclusion that they are at risk … I can't quite deduce how you came to the conclusion that they are at risk of going bust from that article :thinking:

maybe you need to read my original post with a little more articulation.

Not really, even taking into account the bad grammar.

Trust there to be one individual trying to put a dampener on some positive news in the current climate.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!88
    2. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…44
    3. Spotify Family Premium share59
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767221
    5. Martin Lewis explains your Ryanair cancellation rights.56

See more discussions