argos refund

Posted 28th Feb
i reserved online and paid instore a tablet, but its too big.

can i return it for a refund?

never shopped at argos before
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
smashed28/02/2020 13:22

There is a chart halfway down the argos returns page... …There is a chart halfway down the argos returns page... https://www.argos.co.uk/help/returns-and-refunds/No offence but I wonder how some people survive on the internet

Nothing surprises me. Look through ops history and you see he bought this and it wouldn't start, so he exchanged it and now it's too big . (Did he think it would shrink when he got a replacement).
There is a chart halfway down the argos returns page... argos.co.uk/hel…ds/
No offence but I wonder how some people survive on the internet
13 Comments
they accepts returns up to 30 days

you will need to ensure that you meet the returns policy

• unused (with any tags still attached)
  • in original packaging
  • in a resaleable condition
Is that the replacement for the one that you bought from Argos and wouldn't start?
Classed as in-store purchase regardless of off-premises reservation, so can return for gesture of goodwill full refund within 30days only if unused / unopened / no damage to packaging.
Compare to if purchased entirely online or purchased (prepaid) online and collected in-store that permits mandatory return for full refund within 14days of receipt even after permissible opening and reasonable handling/assessment.
There is a chart halfway down the argos returns page... argos.co.uk/hel…ds/
No offence but I wonder how some people survive on the internet
Its a shame that it gets very hot when you charge it.
smashed28/02/2020 13:22

There is a chart halfway down the argos returns page... …There is a chart halfway down the argos returns page... https://www.argos.co.uk/help/returns-and-refunds/No offence but I wonder how some people survive on the internet

Nothing surprises me. Look through ops history and you see he bought this and it wouldn't start, so he exchanged it and now it's too big . (Did he think it would shrink when he got a replacement).
Ringfinger28/02/2020 14:36

Nothing surprises me. Look through ops history and you see he bought this …Nothing surprises me. Look through ops history and you see he bought this and it wouldn't start, so he exchanged it and now it's too big . (Did he think it would shrink when he got a replacement).

Maybe it's a backup account for Mutley...
Ringfinger28/02/2020 14:36

Nothing surprises me. Look through ops history and you see he bought this …Nothing surprises me. Look through ops history and you see he bought this and it wouldn't start, so he exchanged it and now it's too big . (Did he think it would shrink when he got a replacement).

ITS A DIFFERENT ONE MATE
Ringfinger28/02/2020 13:04

Is that the replacement for the one that you bought from Argos and …Is that the replacement for the one that you bought from Argos and wouldn't start?

no mate this is a different one, gave that one back and the new one is too big different one
Ah, ok.
Apparently size does matter (the missus is right, too big and it makes your hand ache). I use a 10" one for gaming and streaming videos, but when I read I use an 8" one. Not a lot of difference in the weight, it's all too do with the grip and height of it.
Bit dishonest, but could you not say it randomly switches off even though says battery full??? Seems to be faulty - they then have to refund regardless of where it was bought.

They are hardly going to spend a few hours testing it Its hardly as if Argos cant afford it and they will still get their money by flogging it on ebay..
Edited by: "uklemons" 28th Feb
uklemons28/02/2020 15:38

Bit dishonest, but could you not say it randomly switches off even though …Bit dishonest, but could you not say it randomly switches off even though says battery full??? Seems to be faulty - they then have to refund regardless of where it was bought.They are hardly going to spend a few hours testing it Its hardly as if Argos cant afford it and they will still get their money by flogging it on ebay..

This isn't quite the case, Argos definitely do test products. I don't know if it's different within the first 30 days but when I tried to return a tablet that had started playing having problems after about 9 months I was told from two different stores that it couldn't be refunded on the spot but would have to be taken in an looked at to see if there was indeed a problem.
you can trade it for another, or different one

but you won’t get cashback, you will get Argos vouchers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants