EXPIRED

Argos Replacement Cover on PS3

Thinking about going for a Playstation 3 from Argos, and taking out the 3 Year replacement cover on the item, however I'm a little worried on what will happen if anything does go wrong.

My main concern is that if the console does break or fail, do they replace it with a brand new boxed one or do they send it off for repair?

If anyone can clear this up or if anyone has had a problem with a console or electronic item from argos and took out replacement cover.

Thanks

14 Comments

Banned

replacement cover is ony available on goods up to £150, then it goes to repair policy, on a replacement if it breaks it is replaced, if after a year or accidental then the policy ends but you can take it out again on the new item they give you, if none in stock they will give you gift certificates

Original Poster

Thanks sassie for your reply

Hmm i thought if anything was faulty that a replacement was given and not repaired, not completely sure if it's worth doing now, plus it's £40

I know its covered by Sony for the first year anyway.

Best place to buy is Game or Gamestation, they offer a 'replace' scheme for anything you break even acidentally.

e.g: stand on a controller and break it.

Banned

Cartoonhead;3292106

Thanks sassie for your replyHmm i thought if anything was faulty that a … Thanks sassie for your replyHmm i thought if anything was faulty that a replacement was given and not repaired, not completely sure if it's worth doing now, plus it's £40I know its covered by Sony for the first year anyway.

a replacement is given, as i said in my earlier post, how much is the ps3? if it is over £150 you cannot buy a replacement cover

Banned

t0mm;3292116

Best place to buy is Game or Gamestation, they offer a 'replace' scheme … Best place to buy is Game or Gamestation, they offer a 'replace' scheme for anything you break even acidentally.e.g: stand on a controller and break it.

you sure about that t0mm? i enquired about buying a ds there and taking out there cover and was told there cover is for repair, not replacement

Original Poster

PS3 is £299.99

I think game do the same as argos looking at it, repair and replace if it cannont be repaired

Banned

Cartoonhead;3292214

PS3 is £299.99I think game do the same as argos looking at it, repair and … PS3 is £299.99I think game do the same as argos looking at it, repair and replace if it cannont be repaired

then you cannot buy a replacement cover, only a repair one

have you looked in comet/dixons/currys as i think their policy covers you for 3 years no matter how many times it goes wrong, think argos one is void if you claim after the first year

sassie;3292139

you sure about that t0mm? i enquired about buying a ds there and taking … you sure about that t0mm? i enquired about buying a ds there and taking out there cover and was told there cover is for repair, not replacement

Well thats what they said to me (cause I was tempted in Gamestation ith my PS3)

my friend took it out in Game.

Banned

t0mm;3292268

Well thats what they said to me (cause I was tempted in Gamestation ith … Well thats what they said to me (cause I was tempted in Gamestation ith my PS3)my friend took it out in Game.

i dont know about gamestation, but i know game is a repair warranty, because i was going to get my ds from there until they said it was a repar policy not a replaement

sassie;3292308

i dont know about gamestation, but i know game is a repair warranty, … i dont know about gamestation, but i know game is a repair warranty, because i was going to get my ds from there until they said it was a repar policy not a replaement

may be different for certain types of consoles?

Just rang my friend up and he said his is Replace not repair

Banned

another idea is to buy it with a nationwide credit card and it will then have a free two year warranty.

sassie;3292397

t0mm your friend has been misinformed, game is definately a repair … t0mm your friend has been misinformed, game is definately a repair warrantyhttp://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=7125&cm_sp=warranty-_-gamecare-_-moredetailshttp://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=7809&cm_sp=consoles-_-topnav-_-gamecare

Ah.

Unless he was on about things like spilling drinks on it etc? cause surely thats not repair.

Banned

t0mm;3292435

Ah.Unless he was on about things like spilling drinks on it etc? cause … Ah.Unless he was on about things like spilling drinks on it etc? cause surely thats not repair.

if it can be repaired it will be, if they fail to repair they will replace, all poicies do that, but you can take out a replacement warranty with argos, they do not repair, it is replaced immediately, but only on consoles up to £150, after that you have to take the same sort of warranty game offers, they repair and if cant repair they replace, more often than not they can repair

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Did you know?2951
  2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
  3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
  4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions