Argos reservation click and collect

Banned
I just wanted to give a heads up to people if they just had to deal with what I dealt with. On Black Friday I reserved the SONY BTN200 Bluetooth headphones at Argos on their website at the price of £29.99 and the reservation email said I have until store close Saturday 29th November 2014 to collect my order. Upon collection they told me the price has risen to £44.99 and I HAVE to pay that if I want the headphones no matter what the reserve price online or my email stated, they specifically said they "cannot honour Black Friday prices for today" so I left them and didn't choose to buy them and called the Argos customer service team and they said the in fact CAN honour the price stated on my email unless I miss the time stated in the reservation, they tried to call the store all day Sunday and didn't get through and this morning they told me they will send me the difference on a gift voucher, so basically I got £15 free gift voucher as I still haven't bought the headphones and now probably won't seeing as they show out of stock at my local. Just a heads up if it happened to you, just give them a call and they should sort something out for you

4 Comments

I had the same issue when collecting scooby doo hide and seek which I reserved on black Friday £7.49 collected Saturday morning well within time allocation only to be charged 11.99! I refused stating that I reserved at lower price and was only purchasing as the price had tempted me, they referred me to manager who said if I could prove the lower price they would honour price reserved so I showed the price on the HDUK site I thought that the price you reserve at is the price you pay but obviously not, if you can not prove it!

Read the terms guys, the price you pay is not that shown at reservation. It is the price available when picking up. If you really want the price shown at reservation then you should have used your noggin and reserved using fast pay.

MadeDixonsCry

Read the terms guys, the price you pay is not that shown at reservation. … Read the terms guys, the price you pay is not that shown at reservation. It is the price available when picking up. If you really want the price shown at reservation then you should have used your noggin and reserved using fast pay.

I just have, its states the following...
If you reserve a product and the price changes before you get to store to collect the item you will pay the price you reserved the item at. If your reservation expires however the price paid for the item will be the "current" selling price of the item when the purchase is made.

I reserved the Scooby Doo & it went up when I went to pick it up. Just informed the lady at the til & she reduced it back to the reserved price with no fuss.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions