Argos reserve and collection price increase

Found 3rd Jul
Hi all, i reserved a table yesterday to collect from argos today. The price has now gone from £79.99 to £149.99. Will the lower price be locked in from the reservation??
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
deleted1315437
I should hope so. It was reserved at that price. Perhaps show them the email confirmation.
Had the same situation once, paid lower price.
I have had this happen in the past, they honoured the price in both the instance of a mis-price and general pricing.
It may depend on whether you paid or not. If you paid a contract has been made, if not then no contract exists and it will be seen as only an offer to sell at that price which may be changed .
Their website seems to suggest you will pay the price its up at on the day, damn. I havnt paid yet
I have had this issue before but I presented proof that I reserved a memory card at a lower price than advertised and it was honoured.
mart3218 m ago

Their website seems to suggest you will pay the price its up at on the …Their website seems to suggest you will pay the price its up at on the day, damn. I havnt paid yet

Do you have the email showing it being reserved and at the lower price? if so go to a till and show them. They should honour it
FreeDeal3 m ago

Do you have the email showing it being reserved and at the lower price? …Do you have the email showing it being reserved and at the lower price? if so go to a till and show them. They should honour it

I have it yes. Will try that

Website says this though
Please note that prices can change on a daily basis. If you reserve an item for store pick up using our Check & Reserve, the price you pay is the price in–store on the day you collect & pay for the item
mart32127 m ago

I have it yes. Will try thatWebsite says this though Please note that …I have it yes. Will try thatWebsite says this though Please note that prices can change on a daily basis. If you reserve an item for store pick up using our Check & Reserve, the price you pay is the price in–store on the day you collect & pay for the item

Be polite and ask nicely and most staff will honour the lower price, normally when I click and reserve I pay first, this way you then have a week to collect the item.
mart3211 h, 42 m ago

I have it yes. Will try thatWebsite says this though Please note that …I have it yes. Will try thatWebsite says this though Please note that prices can change on a daily basis. If you reserve an item for store pick up using our Check & Reserve, the price you pay is the price in–store on the day you collect & pay for the item

Hopefully they will honour. Be nice and say, oh if I knew that I would have used fast track.
mart3212 h, 7 m ago

That's rubbish. You pay the reserved price, I have heard staff saying that before .
Reservation is an indication to optionally purchase, not a contract to purchase. You may request the reservation price is honoured but there is no contractual obligation for the merchant to perform. Probably best to assess the appropriate way of approaching the situation at the time of attempted collection / payment - sometimes being polite will obtain desired result, sometimes being assertive may obtain desired result.
This happened recently to me, reserved a hammock swing set and day after went back to full price. I used the self service checkout and the price was the same as what I had reserved.
deleted396333
Misslovely1 h, 49 m ago

That's rubbish. You pay the reserved price, I have heard staff saying that …That's rubbish. You pay the reserved price, I have heard staff saying that before .

Nope
Its happened to me and if you tell the staff, they check on the computer what price it was when you reserved it. I have always had my lower price honoured. I just used to walk away if they put the price up but one day the self service wasnt working and I went to a till and the staff said not worry, shed check and it took about 30 seconds. Good luck, hope you have the same experience!
varaha5 h, 0 m ago

Had the same situation once, paid lower price.

Same happened with me!
I got it for the reserved price so I'm happy. The manager came over and said that the item was actually a missprice though and there was a note on the system about it saying this. Was a keter unity outdoor kitchen trolley.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions