argos reserve pricing query

4 replies
Found 19th Oct 2007
have just done the following put a nintendo wii for store pickup then added a game then skins.then attempted to reserve however no wii console in stock. removed wii console and still left with discount on the other two items. Your reservation number, which you must quote in-store is: 001463 These items will be reserved at: Middlesbrough Cleveland Retail Park Your reservation will be held until the end of: Saturday, 20th October 2007
Product reserved Qty Subtotal
Heatseeker - Wii 568/4902 1 £16.99
Pack of 2 Nintendo Wii Skins. 568/0913 1 £2.99
Total: £19.98

am i entitled to these two items at these prices ?
proper prices below.this might work on all consoles and games where there are promotions linked.
heater seeker £24.99(proper price)
pack of 2 skins £9.99(proper price)
this could be called a great deal or its a software glitch.has anyone noticed this before and have they managed to get the goods at the discounted price ?

5 Comments

Original Poster

Reservation acknowledgement for store pick-up
Your reservation number, which you must quote in-store is: 001470 These items will be reserved at: Middlesbrough Cleveland Retail Park Your reservation will be held until the end of: Saturday, 20th October 2007
Product reserved Qty Subtotal
Mad Catz Xbox 360 Controller. 568/1534 1 £19.99
Hitman: Blood Money - Xbox 360. 568/1778 1 £10.01
Total: £30.00
another example put the console in first go to reserve then remove the console ???can someone tell me has anyone managed to get these items at the reduced prices ?

It always states... The price you pay will be the price instore on the date of collection...

I seriously doubt it. All you are doing is reserving a physical item in store, not actually reserving your transaction at that price. Once you go into the store you are then arranging to pay for the item as a fresh transaction and it would have no record of any errors/manipulation that took place beforehand on the website.

RiverChelt

I seriously doubt it. All you are doing is reserving a physical item in … I seriously doubt it. All you are doing is reserving a physical item in store, not actually reserving your transaction at that price. Once you go into the store you are then arranging to pay for the item as a fresh transaction and it would have no record of any errors/manipulation that took place beforehand on the website.

make a screen grab of it saying the cheaper amount and take the printout with you to collect your reservation. I did it when they made a mega mistake with an xbox 360 console deal and they honoured it but only when i took the printout in :thumbsup:

But it's not a mistake. The other items are reduced as part of an offer. If you don't buy the whole lot then you don't get the offer prices...

When you go to pay for your reserved items the items will just have been reserved not the prices you were shown.

Prices may change on a daily basis due to special offers. The price you … Prices may change on a daily basis due to special offers. The price you pay will be the price in store on the day you collect and pay for your items.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions