Found 6th Dec 2008
Hi,
I bought a TV (£179.99 Samsung) just over 30 days ago and it has a fault but for medical reasons i could not go to the store until today to sort it out.
I was told as it's over 30 days we have to send it off for repair and even though i explained the reasons, i also had a different TV reserved which was 3 times more expensive.
Needless to say i never bought another TV and walked out with the faulty TV.
I know technically they are well within their rights to do this but surely they could use a bit of savvy.
So I'm thinking right you bunch of *******s.
Could i get them on this?
The TV i bought is advertised as 19" screen with a 19" viewable BUT on the box it says the screen is 18.5" so have they sold me something with misleading advertising?
If this could be a way around of exchanging or a refund what could i say to them?

15 Comments

The screen is a 19" panel with 18.5" viewable, this is the way it was for CRTs for years so that's a dead end.

John

Banned

why dont you just get it sent for repair

^thats what i was gonna say lol

why dont you just buy another then take the faulty one back against the new date

Banned

skilll;3682199

why dont you just buy another then take the faulty one back against the … why dont you just buy another then take the faulty one back against the new date

im guessing he dont want the tv

skilll;3682199

why dont you just buy another then take the faulty one back against the … why dont you just buy another then take the faulty one back against the new date

They'll check the serial numbers, then he could be done for fraud.

Why Don't You Take It Back After Christmas.
Say It Was A Present & Is Faulty?
Get A Refund, Probably Be Gift Tokens Though

If its faulty can't you jus get a refund ?? :?

I took an MP3 player back after 11 months, they just gave me my money back. £99.99 :santa:

Do TVs at Argos come under different rules? I returned a faulty microwave after 10 months and they gave me a new one without question.

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;3682163

The screen is a 19" panel with 18.5" viewable, this is the way it was for … The screen is a 19" panel with 18.5" viewable, this is the way it was for CRTs for years so that's a dead end.John

Argos specifically say on their site

19in (48cm) widescreen TV with 48cm visible screen size.

Thats what gave me that idea and made me think hmmmmm.

sassie;3682183

why dont you just get it sent for repair

I don't think it's fair to buy a TV and have it for just over a month and then have to wait god knows how long to have it repaired and returned.
I can't imagine getting it back for Xmas

Predikuesi;3682477

Do TVs at Argos come under different rules? I returned a faulty microwave … Do TVs at Argos come under different rules? I returned a faulty microwave after 10 months and they gave me a new one without question.

I've never had problems with Argos returns either until today, maybe the manageress didnt like my walking sticks

Banned

I agree, but there policy is there policy, did you phone store and speak to the manager before the 30 days and explain why you couldnt get on, so they could note this down? There policy is after so many days they dont have to refund but they will repair

Original Poster

I called C/Service because i couldnt find any numbers for my local store on the site, I told the lady on the phone and she said just to keep hold of my reciept.

I'll call them tomorrow and tell them what happened. Hopefully they can sort something out.
C/Service was apparently closed when i went to the store today but i can't go their early as there are no disabled bays near the shop and all the spaces are heaving and i cant get out of the car if i use a regular space. So i go later when there are just a few cars and park diagonally across 2 spaces. (theres still about 50 spaces when i do this so nothing spoiling)

Predikuesi;3682296

No serial number appear on receipts so could be done!

Banned

Predikuesi;3682296

no they wont. they dont log serial numbers.

Original Poster

Well i managed to get it all sorted
Called CS and they spoke with the store and bobs your uncle.
Thanks for the replies guys and gals.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    3. word association Game74244916
    4. Add one, leave one game54415442

See more discussions