Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Argos returns help.

Posted 15th Sep
So I bought a switch last week with 10% off through argos ebay. I've used it a little but in the time since have seen asda having double discount (20%) so I'm suffering with a small case of buyers remorse.
It would appear I can't simply box this one up and return it to argos, however if i were to buy one from asda leave it packaged, and take that into argos with my argos receipt, would I be able to get a refund that way?
Theres no serial number on the receipt, but would they have a serial number on their system? For example if they were to process a refund, would it show a serial number which they would then check against the product I brought in. Wouldn't want to embarrass myself if so.

Ps the argos receipt shows full price paid because the discount was on Ebay, so would essentially be a full 20% saving of around £55 if it worked.
Any advice appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
It’s called fraud and is a crime
Edited by: "Trebor86" 15th Sep
17 Comments
Edited by: "Trebor86" 15th Sep
Trebor8615/09/2019 21:51

They would literally be getting the exact same product back, in unused condition.
Mb933915/09/2019 21:58

They would literally be getting the exact same product back, in unused …They would literally be getting the exact same product back, in unused condition.

But giving you a refund back of 10% more than you paid.
What is the difference in price between Argos and Asda? By the way aren't Argos and the Argos eBay outlet totally separate entities in that you can't just return a Argos eBay item over the counter in an Argos store.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 15th Sep
Oh dear .
Argos stuff has a sticker on with their serial number, I’m sure
Serials are tracked. This is fraud... For the sake of £50 are you really that bothered about it and want to commit a crime?
It was just a question people. Thanks for the response
Do let us know how you get on with your venture
Since you bought it from eBay Argos you are covered by the distance selling rules. You can return it for any reason
you bought the item online, over the phone or by mail order
You automatically get a 14-day ‘cooling-off period’ when you buy something you haven’t seen in person - unless it’s bespoke or made to measure.

The cooling-off period starts the day after you receive your order, and there doesn’t need to be anything wrong with the item for you to get a refund.
You can't return it to an Argos store but you can post it to eBay Argos.
adamderak16/09/2019 02:41

Since you bought it from eBay Argos you are covered by the distance …Since you bought it from eBay Argos you are covered by the distance selling rules. You can return it for any reason you bought the item online, over the phone or by mail orderYou automatically get a 14-day ‘cooling-off period’ when you buy something you haven’t seen in person - unless it’s bespoke or made to measure.The cooling-off period starts the day after you receive your order, and there doesn’t need to be anything wrong with the item for you to get a refund.You can't return it to an Argos store but you can post it to eBay Argos.

OP implies 14day return option has been considered but is not possible and / or may be subject to refund deduction if the "I've used it a little" has extended beyond reasonable handing to assess functionality.
OP may have a return to Argos store option if originally obtained via c&c: "Items purchased from Argos on eBay that are Click & Collected from an Argos store can be returned to a store..." but maybe c&c was not used by OP.
There are loads of moaners saying this is fraud (it technically is) but since you are putting the original retailer (Argos) in no worse condition than they would have been by you returning their own stock, I don't see the issue with it. Just make sure to buy the same Switch you bought in the original deal if you try this.
Looking forward to this post being updated every week as tech gets older and prices come down.
Have done this several times before with phones and tablets. No issue. No one is going to take you to court for buying a brand new item and returning a brand new item.
If you've paid cash then even better.
Where is this switch deal at 20% off at Asda? Any links please?
MadeDixonsCry16/09/2019 12:21

Where is this switch deal at 20% off at Asda? Any links please?

Asda are offering a 20% discount for staff this week. I think this maybe the offer they are referring too

hotukdeals.com/dis…649
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 16th Sep
What adamderak said. You have 14 days to back out of the contract, no reason needs be given
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants