Argos Sofas - Any good?

I am considering the purchase of an Argos Sofa from their Go Create range. A Go Create Walton Extra Large Sofa - Como Linen:

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

However, it's not possibly to try out the Sofa before you buy and so I'm hoping if you have purchased this or another Argos Sofa that you could advise:

1. Is the sofa soft or firm?
2. Is the build quality OK?

Let me know.

6 Comments

Bought a cheap leather one, which lasted just over a year before cushions lost firmness and you could feel the frame. I didn't learn my lesson and bought from them again and thought if I paid more it would be better quality. Again really poor quality, cushions lost firmness and frame feels flimsy. I will never by before trying in future!

Got 2 settees and 1 riclining chair over 2 years ago, they are the fake leather type and all still good, hard wearing and seats still comfy

NOOO! a week after buying leather faced recling 2+3 seat sofa 1 of the seats sunk down, called them out to come look at it, he said "its not a structure damage so not covered" then he said "not been funny love, but what do you expect from cheap sofa's" at the time i was like oO what? but now im like yes he's right, will defo be going to a reputable sofa store next time, more so i can see & feel what i am buying rather than just seeing on the net, one thing i will give credit to, is the leather is quite good, not the best, but considering the price ok, but poorly built.
Edited by: "sameena1" 27th May 2011

if ur thinking of buying from argos,i take it ur funds must be short at the mo,may i suggest if u buy a sausage from lidles then buy a sausage form marks and spencers u will get ur answer.u get what u pay for in this case rubbish

Original Poster

Thanks for the comments. I have decided against Argos based on some of the comments above plus I posted the soft v firm question on the Argos site and am told that the sofas are soft - I prefer firm.

Lowtrawler

Thanks for the comments. I have decided against Argos based on some of … Thanks for the comments. I have decided against Argos based on some of the comments above plus I posted the soft v firm question on the Argos site and am told that the sofas are soft - I prefer firm.

trust me you won't regret it, good luck on your sofa hunt lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona2075
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1314
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?22
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764089

See more discussions