Argos TV refurbs?

Found 28th MayEdited by:"KatieeeB"
Has anyone bought Argos Refurb TVs before? I don't have the funds to buy new and would rather a returned decent TV with a tatty unoriginal box but good condition product than a rubbish TV new.

I'm really nervous as it's still a lot of money to potentially mess around with. Just want to know people's experiences.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
What size tv what's your budget? As long as you buy from a good company should be fine most have 12 months warrenty, something like this maybe?rover.ebay.com/rov…684
Edited by: "Splice" 28th May
Splice28th May

What size tv what's your budget? As long as you buy from a good company …What size tv what's your budget? As long as you buy from a good company should be fine most have 12 months warrenty, something like this maybe?rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F312012828684

55 inch Samsung. It was under £360 free delivery. It's still currently being sold everywhere. Already paid now just wanna know people's experiences. I'd rather a good TV than a brand new one that has bad sound quality or something.
deleted1132166
Argos guarantee is very good , check to see how much Thier extended guarantee is
KatieeeB5 m ago

55 inch Samsung. It was under £360 free delivery. It's still currently …55 inch Samsung. It was under £360 free delivery. It's still currently being sold everywhere. Already paid now just wanna know people's experiences. I'd rather a good TV than a brand new one that has bad sound quality or something.

Can't go wrong with Argos they have great customer service if any reason your unhappy when it comes just do a return good luck
KatieeeB5 m ago

55 inch Samsung. It was under £360 free delivery. It's still currently …55 inch Samsung. It was under £360 free delivery. It's still currently being sold everywhere. Already paid now just wanna know people's experiences. I'd rather a good TV than a brand new one that has bad sound quality or something.

Sound quality is almost irrelevant with everyone using surround sound or sound bars. Also when tvs are delivered they are usually set to 'shop sound' settings. These are tinny with little bass so they can be heard above background noise in the shop. Often people complain about the sound quality without checking out this setting.
I have surround speakers but would rather not rely solely on them in case they broke. Lower priced 55 inch TVs do have tech reviews and all sorts saying not good sound. Samsung have good reviews but they are too much for me new. I'd rather get a 55 inch than settle for less and wish I had better.

If it is good condition then the Argos Refurb will be perfect. Just want to hear from anyone that has got a Refurb from then. Don't want one with scuffs or anything. I'm nervous as it is luck of the draw :/. But it seemed my best option for my price.
got a Argos refurbished laptop about 3 years ago. still working was in great condition. also got some Sony refurbished headphones from them. can't fault their refurbs.
discozohan7 m ago

got a Argos refurbished laptop about 3 years ago. still working was in …got a Argos refurbished laptop about 3 years ago. still working was in great condition. also got some Sony refurbished headphones from them. can't fault their refurbs.

Thanks for that. Were they B grade?
KatieeeB14 m ago

Thanks for that. Were they B grade?

to be honest I can't remember....think they advertised as like new without original packaging or slight cosmetic damage
discozohan10 m ago

to be honest I can't remember....think they advertised as like new without …to be honest I can't remember....think they advertised as like new without original packaging or slight cosmetic damage

Oh mine says grade B :(. Really hope I haven't made a mistake now.
KatieeeB3 h, 30 m ago

I've had 3 refurbs from Tesco Outlet, they were all brand new. If its got a 12 month warranty I think you'll be fine
Edited by: "ellenw" 28th May
ellenw1 h, 31 m ago

I've had 3 refurbs from Tesco Outlet, they were all brand new. If its got …I've had 3 refurbs from Tesco Outlet, they were all brand new. If its got a 12 month warranty I think you'll be fine

It has a 6 month warranty. I looked at Tesco and they didn't have the one I wanted or similar.

I thought Refurb was just open box virtually new. But it seems Argos pass off their returns as new. Loads of reviews saying clearly been opened and used when stated new. So that made me worry and think what is their idea of Refurb gonna be if that's the case?!
KatieeeB5 h, 38 m ago

stop stressing about it. sure it will be ok. if not send it back, Argos returns are good.
Splice28th May

What size tv what's your budget? As long as you buy from a good company …What size tv what's your budget? As long as you buy from a good company should be fine most have 12 months warrenty, something like this maybe? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312012828684

Usually wise to ascertain prior to purchase how a distance sale product warranty is serviced, e.g. collected at no cost by supplier, customer-funded return; customer return to shop, etc.
AndyRoyd6 h, 1 m ago

Usually wise to ascertain prior to purchase how a distance sale product …Usually wise to ascertain prior to purchase how a distance sale product warranty is serviced, e.g. collected at no cost by supplier, customer-funded return; customer return to shop, etc.

True. My usual experience is if something seems to work perfectly, I don't usually get problems with it.
KatieeeB2 h, 51 m ago

True. My usual experience is if something seems to work perfectly, I don't …True. My usual experience is if something seems to work perfectly, I don't usually get problems with it.

Things work until they go wrong. Then the terms of a warranty become important. Familiarise yourself with specific warranty terms before purchase to avoid unexpected undesirable terms. A typically overlooked term that causes untold grief to the ignorant buyer: "product should be returned in original packaging at buyer's expense and risk" implying you have the ability to store the potentially impractically large tatty packaging and you are happy to potentially pay a chunky fee to provide insured return to vendor.
It probably
AndyRoyd20 m ago

Things work until they go wrong. Then the terms of a warranty become …Things work until they go wrong. Then the terms of a warranty become important. Familiarise yourself with specific warranty terms before purchase to avoid unexpected undesirable terms. A typically overlooked term that causes untold grief to the ignorant buyer: "product should be returned in original packaging at buyer's expense and risk" implying you have the ability to store the potentially impractically large tatty packaging and you are happy to potentially pay a chunky fee to provide insured return to vendor.

It probably won't come in original packaging. And The Consumer Rights Act (formerly Sales of Goods) overules, which means if it is faulty it will be returned at their expense. Debating whether to ask the delivery driver to wait 2 secs which I look at the front of it. As long as the front looks mint I'll be happy to accept. As if it's faulty I don't loose any money anyways.
KatieeeB2 h, 11 m ago

It probably It probably won't come in original packaging. And The Consumer …It probably It probably won't come in original packaging. And The Consumer Rights Act (formerly Sales of Goods) overules, which means if it is faulty it will be returned at their expense. Debating whether to ask the delivery driver to wait 2 secs which I look at the front of it. As long as the front looks mint I'll be happy to accept. As if it's faulty I don't loose any money anyways.

Argos definition of grade B is "may have obvious marks or scratches" which means if you refuse delivery or reject on receipt / within 14 days for a non-defect reason you may be obliged to pay (any) return fee (but not the original delivery fee), probably as an amount deducted from refund - dunno, I've not researched Argos policy, I assume you have.
AndyRoyd23 h, 2 m ago

Argos definition of grade B is "may have obvious marks or scratches" …Argos definition of grade B is "may have obvious marks or scratches" which means if you refuse delivery or reject on receipt / within 14 days for a non-defect reason you may be obliged to pay (any) return fee (but not the original delivery fee), probably as an amount deducted from refund - dunno, I've not researched Argos policy, I assume you have.

It arrived BRAND SPANKING NEW!! Original box, protecting filming still on. Polystyrene. The remote and pieces/ instructions were in the bag unopened. Not even a mark on it and we did a thorough check. Under £360 for a brand new 55" Smart HD TV. Unbelievable!
KatieeeB11 m ago

It arrived BRAND SPANKING NEW!! Original box, protecting filming still on. …It arrived BRAND SPANKING NEW!! Original box, protecting filming still on. Polystyrene. The remote and pieces/ instructions were in the bag unopened. Not even a mark on it and we did a thorough check. Under £360 for a brand new 55" Smart HD TV. Unbelievable!

Well done, £549 in Argos.
ellenw3 m ago

Well done, £549 in Argos.

I know saved around £200! It was from Argos but on their Ebay.

I think it was returned without use cos the side looked split (to any thick person) just needed clicking together. Couldn't have even damaged anything and clearly hasn't even had any internal refurb. It was like closing a box and not closing it to the click. So you just click it .

There is nothing we can find that warrants a return otherwise being as they hadn't even tried it. The plug was even in the sealed bag.
KatieeeB9 m ago

I know saved around £200! It was from Argos but on their Ebay. I think it …I know saved around £200! It was from Argos but on their Ebay. I think it was returned without use cos the side looked split (to any thick person) just needed clicking together. Couldn't have even damaged anything and clearly hasn't even had any internal refurb. It was like closing a box and not closing it to the click. So you just click it . There is nothing we can find that warrants a return otherwise being as they hadn't even tried it. The plug was even in the sealed bag.

Would definitely buy refurbs from Argos/Tesco ebay, 3 TV's, 1 laptop, speaker & 1 iPhone all were brand new.
KatieeeB1 h, 7 m ago

It arrived BRAND SPANKING NEW!! Original box, protecting filming still on. …It arrived BRAND SPANKING NEW!! Original box, protecting filming still on. Polystyrene. The remote and pieces/ instructions were in the bag unopened. Not even a mark on it and we did a thorough check. Under £360 for a brand new 55" Smart HD TV. Unbelievable!

Result !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants