Argos warranty - Xbox One controller

Found 12th Jan 2016
After 4 months, my Xbox One controller's right bumper has broken. This is the 3rd controller I've had since I got the console 2 years ago, the previous 2 had the left analog stick dragging problem. Shocking that I'm soon going to be on my 4th controller.

Anyway, I was wondering if I'm going to have issues returning the controller for a replacement? I've heard that Argos aren't exactly the most pleasant company when dealing with returning items.
Community Updates
11 Comments
Argos are fantastic for returns, just say it's faulty. And they will replace the item. Assuming you have proof of purchase.
if its still covered by an argos warranty you shouldn't have an issue however if not microsoft only give a 3 month warranty on accessories i believe.
if they dont accept it buy a new 1 put the old 1 in the new box and take it back to a different store and ask for a refund
Original Poster
I still have the receipt. No reason why I shouldn't be able to get a replacement, as it's only 4 months old. I've just heard bad stories when it comes to returning a faulty item to Argos.
Get a refund & purchase the Lunar controller. It's only an extra £5, but worth every penny with the new design, gtip support, bumper fix & 3.5mm jack.
sounds like your getting too excited while on your Xbox...breaking all them controllers ha ha
Original Poster
Just had my controller replaced without any problems at all, couldn't have been more pleasant.
I have returned a few things to argos over the years and never had a problem, they didn't even check the stuff just took my word
argos have the best returns policy I had the tomy megasketchers and probably went through 10 as they had a screen issue in that the plastic would come loose and get a kink in it. They replaced it without any fuss every single time. Thank god tomy have rectified the issue now and the ones I currently have have been going strong for 4 years.
why don't you try and take it back first before posting on this site?

as all the comments have said, Argos have a superb returns policy, yet you would rather ask about it before actually trying to return the item

i really don't get some people

and god knows how you have gone through that many controllers, i go the console on day 1, and have 3 kids who play on all of my controllers and none of them have broken after many hours of abuse
Original Poster
kingtreelo

why don't you try and take it back first before posting on this site?as … why don't you try and take it back first before posting on this site?as all the comments have said, Argos have a superb returns policy, yet you would rather ask about it before actually trying to return the itemi really don't get some peopleand god knows how you have gone through that many controllers, i go the console on day 1, and have 3 kids who play on all of my controllers and none of them have broken after many hours of abuse

Firstly, I posted this at about 11pm last night. Do you know of an Argos that's open at that time? No, didn't think so.

Secondly, just because you have been lucky enough to not have a controller break on you doesn't mean that there aren't faulty ones out there. Search left analog stick drift on Google to see what I mean.

That ok, sir?
Edited by: "ApolloX1" 14th Jan 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions