Groups

ARGOS WITHDRAWAL

I ordered 2 sets of bags off here from Argos at £1 each. Got my confirmation email and collection code and collection date when I went to collect I was told it was a pot luck thing and I had been unlucky.

31 Comments

whats your question?

i'll call the police

Ignore these trolls salsa42girl.

A/S/L?

deeky

Ignore these trolls salsa42girl.A/S/L?

Shameless X)

vics219

Shameless X)

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m24xv6H8Mx1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

Oh hai vics

Original Poster

No ? just that I work in a shop and everything I have is £1 when it is out of stock!

deeky

Oh hai vics

Hi X)

Oh and i'd guess at female and 42 if the username is anything to go by. Not sure on location though

vics219

Hi X)Oh and i'd guess at female and 42 if the username is anything to go … Hi X)Oh and i'd guess at female and 42 if the username is anything to go by. Not sure on location though

42 probably a bit on the old side for me tbf. We'll see.

If this doesn't get her attention X)

deeky

42 probably a bit on the old side for me tbf. We'll see.If this doesn't … 42 probably a bit on the old side for me tbf. We'll see.If this doesn't get her attention X)

Don't you like cougars deek?

I was a bit nervous about clicking then as I wasn't sure what was lurking behind That vid gets funnier every time I see it X)

deeky

Ignore these trolls salsa42girl.A/S/L?

42/girl/salsa class

vics219

Don't you like cougars deek? I was a bit nervous about clicking then as I … Don't you like cougars deek? I was a bit nervous about clicking then as I wasn't sure what was lurking behind That vid gets funnier every time I see it X)

I only saw it a couple of night ago for the first time X)

Are these the tatty teddy bags that were a quid each?

I got 10. Gonna boot sale them for a fiver each.

Reserving things doesn't guarantee your get them unfortunately

Error440

Reserving things doesn't guarantee your get them unfortunately

Yes it does. Having years experience in Argos the stock is monitored to exact amounts. Upon reserving an item the item is immediately removed from being able to be purchased until the reservation runs outs. The only way they wouldn't be there is the item had incorrect stock levels on their system. It was one of the major targets to have less than 1 out of stock for every 5000 sales.

The excuse they made is them trying to cover for a pricing error.

Some managers will honour pricing errors, some won't. Essentially how they get around it is by calling it an 'invitation to sale'. As long as they make you aware prior to charging you that the price has been adjusted they can do it. Pretty sure that was the same with items reserved rather than just price increases from what was printed in their catalogues.

Female.......... yippeeeeeeee
    42................. that's OK by me
    Salsa............ the dance of sex and romance combined in one magical dance - similar to merengue and I did lessons many years ago with a Venezuelan dance tutor

or is she just keen on the salsa foods? even more delicious........... yummy

philphil61

Female.......... yippeeeeeeee42................. that's OK by … Female.......... yippeeeeeeee42................. that's OK by meSalsa............ the dance of sex and romance combined in one magical dance - similar to merengue and I did lessons many years ago with a Venezuelan dance tutoror is she just keen on the salsa foods? even more delicious........... yummy

Knowing the luck i have, she would turn out to be a 42 stone girl who stuffs her fat face with Doritos & salsa dip all day long.

OldEnglish

Knowing the luck i have, she would turn out to be a 42 stone girl who … Knowing the luck i have, she would turn out to be a 42 stone girl who stuffs her fat face with Doritos & salsa dip all day long.

Keeping shtum on that - just hoping and praying !! or dreaming... quick someone slap me to make sure

They've reserved everything for me so far, but once the price changed overnight and I was asked to pay the new price.

On the other hand Curry's/PCworld's reserve system is completely useless. I ordered about 5 things from there for collection. Either the staff are really bad at maintaining the system, or the staff take the bargains for themselves. I dont even bother with them anymore.

I reserved something in Hammersmith before and it was gone when I went to pick it up, I was told it was at the managers discretion if they want to sell the reserved items or not if there was high demand.

Banned

I reserved one of the me2you backpacks that were a £1 and paid and collected the next day, Lady on the till was suprised it was so cheap but no one tried to stop me from buying it.

I am guessing that your Argos is a big city one? Maybe some staff in your Argos wanted the bags and that's where yours went (it happens in most stores unfortunately not just Argos)

A little dissapointing I agree but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

P.S Just ignore the ramblings above from some members , it's all in good fun
    Edited by: "Holly1985" 18th Jul 2014

The manager and staff should never cancel the reservation to sell the item. You should have called the complaints department and they would have come down on them severely.

SixFeet

The manager and staff should never cancel the reservation to sell the … The manager and staff should never cancel the reservation to sell the item. You should have called the complaints department and they would have come down on them severely.

She still can, and who knows she may even get a token of goodwill...

Unlucky OP
    Welcome to HUKD and ignore Deeky, the resident letch oO

I picked up my backpack and paid the £1 at self service till, then saw a load behind the counter & the assistant said I couldn't buy another one as there was no stock ...... hmm. CBA arguing and didn't really need another one but I did wonder whether staff were surprised at the price & were keeping them for themselves X)

I expect this is over the Me to You items that were £1 few days back. Probably staff at store saw the price and nabbed for themselves.

I've got a reservation number, was told to collect between 17-19 when I was there on 17 order number wasn't coming up with anything so imkind of guessed hadn't come into store yet?
    All check again today...

I reserved something which was in a store about 7 miles away, they said they couldn't find it.
    I got a £10 voucher (which expired because I forgot to use it )

When the women changed the price was then where coming up at 7.99 she order her self one. Say staff might have just keep it for themselves

babycool

When the women changed the price was then where coming up at 7.99 she … When the women changed the price was then where coming up at 7.99 she order her self one. Say staff might have just keep it for themselves

que?

went back as prevuiously stated - they advised order will not be honoured - anybody had any success if i was to email a complaint?

drunkentwin

went back as prevuiously stated - they advised order will not be honoured … went back as prevuiously stated - they advised order will not be honoured - anybody had any success if i was to email a complaint?

I wouldn't bother to e-mail them, if its possible to e-mail a brick wall their customer service department makes it so.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD37
      2. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?34
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …46
      4. CEX return/exchange at different store22

See more discussions