ARK: Survival Evolved - early access game @ steam

Found 5th Jun 2015
anyone playing it? I've heard it doesnt run well even on top hardware though the game itself looks so appealing.

Am currently being pushed to purchase by friends but I wanted to wait and see how it develops personally.

Thought i'd start a thread in case anyone knows more (or hasnt seen it).
Community Updates
9 Comments
Editor
Popped it into Misc for you mate
Original Poster
BuzzDuraband

Popped it into Misc for you mate

Cheers
Editor
delusion

Cheers

No worries, the first line of the description kind of indicated to me the intention wasn't for deals
Original Poster
BuzzDuraband

No worries, the first line of the description kind of indicated to me the … No worries, the first line of the description kind of indicated to me the intention wasn't for deals

Yes you were right, just forgot to set it. Anyway hopefully some people can see the potential this game has, many of the steam reviews are pretty hilarious as well
Editor
delusion

Yes you were right, just forgot to set it. Anyway hopefully some people … Yes you were right, just forgot to set it. Anyway hopefully some people can see the potential this game has, many of the steam reviews are pretty hilarious as well

I did see the game sometime ago, totally missed the Early Access release to be honest although it has been quite quick from announcement to Steam Store.

It looks like it has potential, hopefully it's not going to fall victim to graphics over gameplay.
Original Poster
NEtech

This is funny as. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO53_XByQsw

Ah so that's why dinosaurs are extinct :P
Original Poster
Ok I caved - it looks stunning at 4k on max, but i only get 5fps...
1080p can get it to around 25fps average with most stuff on high, but there are big framerate drops occasionally (settings don't affect these drops currently - high or low it still happens). Hopefully performance will improve as it progresses...

I can't get steady above 30fps on low at 1080p at the moment.

Seems a lot of fun though so far..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants