Arm the teacher's Trump said.

Found 28th Feb
So there we have it we all said it would happen arming teachers is a bad idea. History teacher in american school arrested after locking up classroom and shooting window. Did he make history or has this happened before. America's great isn't it.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
if he arms teachers will he give librarians silencers?
CookinBat11 m ago

Arming teachers lol. Something you'd expect a 10 yr old to come out with, …Arming teachers lol. Something you'd expect a 10 yr old to come out with, not the president of the USA. Hilarious.

Whats the solution then? He's trying to solve the issue, tougher vetting was also mentioned. He doesn't have the power to ban guns, which the world prefers. He'd get assassinated if he mentioned such a thing.

What did Obama do? or suggest? nothing if I remember. He was too scared. No mention of him being this or that.

But trump is of course a 10 year old for trying to suggest any kind of a solution.

Im not saying his solutions are right, im saying he's far from a 10 year old for trying to solve it with solutions. The NRA would assasinate him im sure if he dare think of mentioning the word 'ban guns' in any one sentence.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 28th Feb
54 Comments
Link??
if he arms teachers will he give librarians silencers?
Found his Facebook. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

33351888-0TT28.jpg
What I don't get is if you arm only one person in a classroom then surely all any crazed gun child has to do is shoot that person first?! Then they are free to carry on shooting the unarmed classmates.

I mean we know about this idea in the UK so the US kids are sure to know.
Original Poster
Some of my school teachers might of shot the whole class up given half a chance I'm sure of it.
Arming teachers lol. Something you'd expect a 10 yr old to come out with, not the president of the USA. Hilarious.
Satan_Claws14 m ago

What I don't get is if you arm only one person in a classroom then surely …What I don't get is if you arm only one person in a classroom then surely all any crazed gun child has to do is shoot that person first?! Then they are free to carry on shooting the unarmed classmates.I mean we know about this idea in the UK so the US kids are sure to know.

Or wack the teacher on the back of the head to get a gun, and start shooting.

Another issue with arming teachers, is no matter how well you train them, in a school full of fleeing children, there's a good chance of accidentally shooting an innocent child.
Edited by: "melted" 28th Feb
CookinBat11 m ago

Arming teachers lol. Something you'd expect a 10 yr old to come out with, …Arming teachers lol. Something you'd expect a 10 yr old to come out with, not the president of the USA. Hilarious.

Whats the solution then? He's trying to solve the issue, tougher vetting was also mentioned. He doesn't have the power to ban guns, which the world prefers. He'd get assassinated if he mentioned such a thing.

What did Obama do? or suggest? nothing if I remember. He was too scared. No mention of him being this or that.

But trump is of course a 10 year old for trying to suggest any kind of a solution.

Im not saying his solutions are right, im saying he's far from a 10 year old for trying to solve it with solutions. The NRA would assasinate him im sure if he dare think of mentioning the word 'ban guns' in any one sentence.
A better solution, other than the obvious, sensible one, is making bullet proof vests and armoured helmets standard school uniform for all American schools. And fitting CCTV and armoured remote lockable doors to all classrooms and in corridors.
J4GG48 m ago

Whats the solution then? He's trying to solve the issue, tougher vetting …Whats the solution then? He's trying to solve the issue, tougher vetting was also mentioned. He doesn't have the power to ban guns, which the world prefers. He'd get assassinated if he mentioned such a thing.What did Obama do? or suggest? nothing if I remember. He was too scared. No mention of him being this or that.But trump is of course a 10 year old for trying to suggest any kind of a solution.Im not saying his solutions are right, im saying he's far from a 10 year old for trying to solve it with solutions. The NRA would assasinate him im sure if he dare think of mentioning the word 'ban guns' in any one sentence.

There's a whole myriad of things he could do between arming teachers and banning funds outright.

First and most obvious is having assault rifles like the ar15. Then there's raising the age of purchase, longer waiting periods, mandatory training or mental health checks.

Arming teachers is an infantile thought and Obama tried to change things but the republicans, and some democrats, blocked him.
J4GG48 m ago

Whats the solution then? He's trying to solve the issue, tougher vetting …Whats the solution then? He's trying to solve the issue, tougher vetting was also mentioned. He doesn't have the power to ban guns, which the world prefers. He'd get assassinated if he mentioned such a thing.What did Obama do? or suggest? nothing if I remember. He was too scared. No mention of him being this or that.But trump is of course a 10 year old for trying to suggest any kind of a solution.Im not saying his solutions are right, im saying he's far from a 10 year old for trying to solve it with solutions. The NRA would assasinate him im sure if he dare think of mentioning the word 'ban guns' in any one sentence.

Just a minor point but if Trump banned all guns, how would anyone assassinate him?
J4GG48 m ago

Whats the solution then? He's trying to solve the issue, tougher vetting …Whats the solution then? He's trying to solve the issue, tougher vetting was also mentioned. He doesn't have the power to ban guns, which the world prefers. He'd get assassinated if he mentioned such a thing.What did Obama do? or suggest? nothing if I remember. He was too scared. No mention of him being this or that.But trump is of course a 10 year old for trying to suggest any kind of a solution.

To me it reeks of a man who hasn't a clue what to do. Suggesting armed teachers is as jackass as it gets.
CookinBat2 m ago

...... Suggesting armed teachers is as jackass as it gets.

Maybe something like the Palio Expert 2 could give them the edge.
RonChew6 m ago

Just a minor point but if Trump banned all guns, how would anyone …Just a minor point but if Trump banned all guns, how would anyone assassinate him?

If he bans guns do they miraculously disappear from everyones gun cabinet by the gun fairy in the middle of the night?

Or does it stop someone determined to finish off Trump from purchasing a gun on the black market? Which you can do in any country.

CookinBat6 m ago

To me it reeks of a man who hasn't a clue what to do. Suggesting armed …To me it reeks of a man who hasn't a clue what to do. Suggesting armed teachers is as jackass as it gets.

Whats the first solutions that pops in your head to solve it?

Banning guns is out of the question. Trump wont do it, or attempt to do it, he'll fail doing that.

Further more, theres 64,000+ gun shops in the US. With Trump being a business man I doubt he'd shut those down. Thats a huge loss of jobs there. He promised the American people more jobs, not less.
RonChew8 m ago

Just a minor point but if Trump banned all guns, how would anyone …Just a minor point but if Trump banned all guns, how would anyone assassinate him?

Drop a piano on his head of course.

33352157-qMiVD.jpg
Much more appropriate that shooting him.
melted4 m ago

Drop a piano on his head of course. [Image] Much more appropriate that …Drop a piano on his head of course. [Image] Much more appropriate that shooting him.

I hate to admit it but I really couldn't summon up enough empathy to be upset if someone did assassinate Trump.
Get rid of guns after the WW3 that Trump will start (unless he has a personality change overnight).

On the actual topic though, I would have said use money to ban guns until I read about a child who passed away from cancer, and the fact that in the last two years, only 2 cancer medications have been specifically developed for children. Childhood cancer kills more people than mass shootings do every year (not including individual shootings because if there’s a will, there’s a way). The money and time is better spent there to save more lives.
J4GG411 m ago

If he bans guns do they miraculously disappear from everyones gun cabinet …If he bans guns do they miraculously disappear from everyones gun cabinet by the gun fairy in the middle of the night?Or does it stop someone determined to finish off Trump from purchasing a gun on the black market? Which you can do in any country.Whats the first solutions that pops in your head to solve it?Banning guns is out of the question. Trump wont do it, or attempt to do it, he'll fail doing that.Further more, theres 64,000+ gun shops in the US. With Trump being a business man I doubt he'd shut those down. Thats a huge loss of jobs there. He promised the American people more jobs, not less.

So you agree with arming teachers, right? Have you a 10 year old son by any chance?
RonChew9 m ago

I hate to admit it but I really couldn't summon up enough empathy to be …I hate to admit it but I really couldn't summon up enough empathy to be upset if someone did assassinate Trump.

Couldn't care less about Trump, but I'd feel sorry for the bodyguards expected to take a bullet for Him.

Joke aside to be honest arming teachers at least is a short term solution to A Long Term Problem. A short term deterrent at least, the trouble is these teachers would have to be already be firearm owners that practice regularly, or ex military / police, giving out guns willynilly will end poorly. Maybe just give the teachers the option to carry guns, if they wish, I think there has been wccwse of a school shooting being stopped by a teacher, definitely of some being stopped by security or posted police.
Rubisco56 m ago

Found his Facebook. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? [Image]

The “I hear you” button is missing
CookinBat15 m ago

So you agree with arming teachers, right? Have you a 10 year old son by …So you agree with arming teachers, right? Have you a 10 year old son by any chance?

I didn't agree to it, I am just pointing out the fact that he's trying to resolve the issue in schools with ideas. Plus, its all good saying they should arm the teachers, he didn't take into consideration that the teachers don't want that huge weight on their shoulders. Plus the gun, I assume, wouldn't be left on the teachers desk ready for a 10 year old to easily pick it up and use it.
I'm surprised Trump hasn't suggested arming all students/pupils.
There is a whole bunch of Trump supporters on a subreddit who reckon that if everyone in a school (or a plane for that matter) was armed, then that would be a deterrent as well as a solution if one day the deterrent turned out to be ineffective.

It does make sense in a really really crazy batsht insane way though.
Only in America....
Some people ^^up there^^ need to understand America's history and culture before attempting to "fix the world"

Trump said "arm 20% or so of the teachers" and "only them that are happy to protect and can be trained properly"

He didn't say arm all the teachers.

And yes it won't fix every issue with "mass school shootings" but Trump is also wanting/pushing for raising the age to 21. banning bump stocks and mental health/denying those identified as having mental health issues their 2nd Amendment Rights

The good thing is he's actively trying to do something. Obama had 8 years and did nothing.

Sadly even if Trump gets all he wants the gun crime will still be a major issue even when you exclude the "mass school shootings" figures - just Black on Black gun deaths is still way above any other gun deaths

So hate him all you want, pick apart any little thing that makes you melt, he is trying (and hopefully will succeed) more than the last waste of space oooops I meant POTUS
philphil6113 m ago

Some people ^^up there^^ need to understand America's history and culture …Some people ^^up there^^ need to understand America's history and culture before attempting to "fix the world"Trump said "arm 20% or so of the teachers" and "only them that are happy to protect and can be trained properly"He didn't say arm all the teachers.And yes it won't fix every issue with "mass school shootings" but Trump is also wanting/pushing for raising the age to 21. banning bump stocks and mental health/denying those identified as having mental health issues their 2nd Amendment RightsThe good thing is he's actively trying to do something. Obama had 8 years and did nothing.Sadly even if Trump gets all he wants the gun crime will still be a major issue even when you exclude the "mass school shootings" figures - just Black on Black gun deaths is still way above any other gun deathsSo hate him all you want, pick apart any little thing that makes you melt, he is trying (and hopefully will succeed) more than the last waste of space oooops I meant POTUS

I can't imagine a real father thinking a child's time at school would be made safer with MORE guns.

And yes, America is an immature nation less than 250 years old, but they need to grow up. Australia placed the lives of it's citizens ahead of guns and so did we after Dunblane.

That America did nothing after Sandy Hook still makes one feel sick but Obama tried. He was blocked by Republicans and even members of his own party. But I think we know why you've criticised him.
J4GG426 m ago

[Video]

A good American

I respect him for making that decision

I agree - an assault rifle is for military use and doesn't need to be sold/used by any civilian.

Having said all that - I wonder if he keeps any other guns (shotguns/rifles for hunting different prey and small arms for protection) and if he has does he always maintain full safety practices/stored securely/maintained/fully licensed and does he take regular firearms safety training or does he, like most American gun owners, just own an AR15 because he can?

I fully support the 2nd Amendment in America - it's to late to ban all guns. Australia did but they still have occasional problems but using a gun wasn't much in their culture/lifestyle (tinny's and sheep shearing is more to their fancy). America is a different beast...totally different. But although I fully support the 2nd Amendment assault rifles should NOT be sold to the general public and IMHO all gun owners should be checked/trained/certified annually but hey ho I'm not POTUS
Banned
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals1 h, 9 m ago

There's a whole myriad of things he could do between arming teachers and …There's a whole myriad of things he could do between arming teachers and banning funds outright.First and most obvious is having assault rifles like the ar15. Then there's raising the age of purchase, longer waiting periods, mandatory training or mental health checks. Arming teachers is an infantile thought and Obama tried to change things but the republicans, and some democrats, blocked him.

The AR15 is not an assault rifle. The AR stands for Armorlite Rifle not automatic rifle. Arming teachers would be better than having a building full of victims. Sounds insane but practically it could be a solution.
Graham19796 m ago

The AR15 is not an assault rifle. The AR stands for Armorlite Rifle not …The AR15 is not an assault rifle. The AR stands for Armorlite Rifle not automatic rifle. Arming teachers would be better than having a building full of victims. Sounds insane but practically it could be a solution.

An AR15 is an assualt rifle no matter what the "AR" stands for.
Graham197911 m ago

The AR15 is not an assault rifle. The AR stands for Armorlite Rifle not …The AR15 is not an assault rifle. The AR stands for Armorlite Rifle not automatic rifle. Arming teachers would be better than having a building full of victims. Sounds insane but practically it could be a solution.

You're actually right Graham. My mistake.

As for arming teachers though, I can't think of a single responsible parent who would want more guns in schools around their children.

But there's also the question of whether teachers would be an effective deterrent. The authorities failed to enter the building when there was a shooter and that's not uncommon. Even if they had, the last figures for accuracy of police officers' shots was around 18%.

That's a one in five shot that a person firing in a school corridor hits a shooter.

Now the question comes down to why a normal person in America needs weaponry like this.
Graham197912 m ago

en.wikipedia.org/wik…-15

"The ArmaLite AR-15 was a select-fire, air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fedassault rifle."
Banned
catbeans6 m ago

An AR15 is an assualt rifle no matter what the "AR" stands for.

However, the term "AR-15" is a Colt registered trademark and Colt only uses the term to refer to its line of semi-automatic rifles.

There you go cupcake took all of 5 seconds to find. The AR15 would be illegal if fully automatic in the States. So no its not automatic. Might be strange as to why people would need one at all but Ben Shapiro makes the case that the political left wants all guns banned while the political right want protection not just from criminals but from the state.
Banned
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals5 m ago

You're actually right Graham. My mistake.As for arming teachers though, I …You're actually right Graham. My mistake.As for arming teachers though, I can't think of a single responsible parent who would want more guns in schools around their children. But there's also the question of whether teachers would be an effective deterrent. The authorities failed to enter the building when there was a shooter and that's not uncommon. Even if they had, the last figures for accuracy of police officers' shots was around 18%.That's a one in five shot that a person firing in a school corridor hits a shooter. Now the question comes down to why a normal person in America needs weaponry like this.

So if a Nutter ran into your kids school with a gun would you want;

A) that person to keep shooting until the police arrive, try to locate the shooter then kill them. You saw the recent school shooting had the police outside trying to figure out what was going on.

OR

B) armed teachers who haven' just picked up a gun but would be trained and regulated there to either slow down the aforementioned Nutter or kill him?

It sounds insane but when gun culture is so ingrained in society you run out of choices damn quick.
Graham197914 m ago

However, the term "AR-15" is a Colt registered trademark and Colt only …However, the term "AR-15" is a Colt registered trademark and Colt only uses the term to refer to its line of semi-automatic rifles.There you go cupcake took all of 5 seconds to find. The AR15 would be illegal if fully automatic in the States. So no its not automatic. Might be strange as to why people would need one at all but Ben Shapiro makes the case that the political left wants all guns banned while the political right want protection not just from criminals but from the state.

Any fully automatic rifle is currently illegal to own (except by certain certified people (collectors etc) in the USA

The problem with the AR-15 and similar assault rifles is the speed of firing and the high capacity magazines that can be made by Joe Bloggs next door.

Even ducks have more protection than American's in their shooting season. In some states (not sure if all America) shotguns must be plugged to ensure no more than 3 cartridges can be fired in quick succession.
Edited by: "philphil61" 28th Feb
Graham197956 m ago

However, the term "AR-15" is a Colt registered trademark and Colt only …However, the term "AR-15" is a Colt registered trademark and Colt only uses the term to refer to its line of semi-automatic rifles.There you go cupcake took all of 5 seconds to find. The AR15 would be illegal if fully automatic in the States. So no its not automatic. Might be strange as to why people would need one at all but Ben Shapiro makes the case that the political left wants all guns banned while the political right want protection not just from criminals but from the state.

"AR15" is a trademark, however AR15's are made by a wide range of manufacturers, AR15 is the name of the "weapons platform" or design some even use AR15 though it can't be stamped into the receiver. It is common catch all term for all assualt rifles of that design, of which there are no patents remaining from the original AR15 assualt rifle platform. If you walk into a gun shop and say "where are the AR15s" they won't point to specifically Colt made guns.

Yes you can own an automatic AR15 in the US state dependant, you can either register and get a tax stamp or have an automatic weapon transferred to you, that's known as a transferable weapon, otherwise I believe it requires a new tax stamp. Regardless it is still an assualt rifle whether it has automatic capabilities in most US jurisdictions and federal law, as well as common parlance.

AR15 family includes the M16, M4, HK416 etc.

People do use them for sporting reasons/hunting, target and hobby shooting, 3 gun comps. The trouble with the AR-15 platform is that it is specifically designed for military use, like all assualt rifles it uses an "intermediate" cartridge (in between a bigger caliber of say a rifle and a carbine or handgun round). The bullets are small so they move at a very high velocity so have great potential to penetrate or even "over penetrate", including metal and bullet proof vests like those issued to the police. Plus what Phil has said.
Edited by: "catbeans" 28th Feb
If my teachers were strapped I'd have definitely been shoot during school
philphil6145 m ago

Any fully automatic rifle is currently illegal to own (except by certain …Any fully automatic rifle is currently illegal to own (except by certain certified people (collectors etc) in the USAThe problem with the AR-15 and similar assault rifles is the speed of firing and the high capacity magazines that can be made by Joe Bloggs next door.Even ducks have more protection than American's in their shooting season. In some states (not sure if all America) shotguns must be plugged to ensure no more than 3 cartridges can be fired in quick succession.

Bump stock is madness
What is wrong with building a trump wall around every school, With all entrances and exits having metal detectors or scanners of some sort. With one armed care taker/security guard in each school?

Also tougher vetting for legal gun owners. Refuse them a gun if they have any mental or aggressive past.

The problem though, isn't the gun, its the person. Im sure 25% of the population of Switzerland own guns, and 25% of the US own guns also, I think. Yet theres far less gun crime in Switzerland, and considerably less mass shootings.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants