Groups

Armageddon!

Living in Wales it's like The Last Apocalypse! look at the thunderstorms were currently under attack from, never seen it this bad before, strike after strike after strike.

Tell my wife and kids i love them...

28 Comments

Original Poster

Lovely !!

One day last week in Manc we had a weeks worth of rain in an hour !

its quite bad here in Liverpool as well

it's sunny here

cool website

Just admiring the blue skies here

Original Poster

deb8z

Lovely !!One day last week in Manc we had a weeks worth of rain in an … Lovely !!One day last week in Manc we had a weeks worth of rain in an hour !

Is it true that it has rained every Wednesday for the last 50 or so years in Manchester? I'm sure i heard that fact about a year ago?

Banned

deb8z

Lovely !!One day last week in Manc we had a weeks worth of rain in an … Lovely !!One day last week in Manc we had a weeks worth of rain in an hour !

My garden is like a mud bath and the chickens are filthy from rolling in it.

Finally God is doing something about the Welsh.

Carley

Is it true that it has rained every Wednesday for the last 50 or so years … Is it true that it has rained every Wednesday for the last 50 or so years in Manchester? I'm sure i heard that fact about a year ago?

I've no idea,but i can't see it being true !!

Banned

Once I was coming back from Llanberis and had already gone through a few shallow but fast moving floods.

Got a bit scared, so stopped at Capel Curig on a pub car park to think about my next move (pub was closed btw boo).

Opened car door, to realise the entire car park has become a shallow river.

Was kinda exciting though. In the end I risked going back through the floods n got onto the A55 instead.

Cool story bro.

where do u live vb1?
    or were u just visiting in north wales?

Banned

edjaned

where do u live vb1?or were u just visiting in north wales?

I was just visiting. But as a kid we had a static caravan in Llanrug (between Canerfon and Llanberis), so I know the area etc. Nice place. Rains a LOT though.

tell me about it!
    its rained non stop since the star of the summer hols
    my "fella" is from anglesey way originally,but im from the craphole known as colwyn bay but living in deganwy now

Original Poster

Ungreat

Finally God is doing something about the Welsh.

Why is it acceptable to say that but not morally acceptable to say the same thing about Pakistan?

Banned

Carley

Why is it acceptable to say that but not morally acceptable to say the … Why is it acceptable to say that but not morally acceptable to say the same thing about Pakistan?

Report them for racism (_;)

Original Poster

DLM

Report them for racism (_;)

Maybe if i was 12

u from south wales carley?

Original Poster

edjaned

u from south wales carley?

Ydw, Swansea Valley.

Banned

edjaned

tell me about it!its rained non stop since the star of the summer holsmy … tell me about it!its rained non stop since the star of the summer holsmy "fella" is from anglesey way originally,but im from the craphole known as colwyn bay but living in deganwy now

+1 for use of fella :P

I see to remember Colwyn wasn't too bad until they stuck a massive road literally down the middle of it.

Carley

Why is it acceptable to say that but not morally acceptable to say the … Why is it acceptable to say that but not morally acceptable to say the same thing about Pakistan?

Seriously?

Because thousands died and they have different religion and skin colour so it would have come across as massively insensitive and racist. If you had of said {insert UK city here} is having massive thunderstorms and it seems like the apocalypse I would have said the same as it was a fairly obvious response to suggesting a specific area is being targeted.

Banned

Ungreat

Seriously?Because thousands died and they have different religion and … Seriously?Because thousands died and they have different religion and skin colour so it would have come across as massively insensitive and racist. If you had of said { insert UK city here} is having massive thunderstorms and it seems like the apocalypse I would have said the same as it was a fairly obvious response to suggesting a specific area is being targeted.

^ Thats one of the most racist posts I've ever read on here.

No VB1 messing - I'm totally serious. What on earth does skin colour matter?! Horror show.

vibeone

^ Thats one of the most racist posts I've ever read on here.No VB1 … ^ Thats one of the most racist posts I've ever read on here.No VB1 messing - I'm totally serious. What on earth does skin colour matter?! Horror show.

'Because thousands died and they have different religion and skin colour so it would have come across as massively insensitive and racist.'

Highlighted the important part of that response for you as it was to do with the perception others would have.

Original Poster

Ungreat

Seriously?Because thousands died and they have different religion and … Seriously?Because thousands died and they have different religion and skin colour so it would have come across as massively insensitive and racist. If you had of said { insert UK city here} is having massive thunderstorms and it seems like the apocalypse I would have said the same as it was a fairly obvious response to suggesting a specific area is being targeted.

By saying "Finally, God is doing something about the Welsh" insinuated that we as a race (regardless of skin colour or religion, the only difference is where we live) were suffering and that you were pleased of this. It may only be a storm here and a tragic event in Pakistan but you know exactly what your 'joke' was meant to suggest.

So i ask why is it acceptable to say what you did, but had you posted the same comment about what is going on in Pakistan it would have been seen as racist and insensitive.

And had someone said {insert English town here} is having massive thunderstorms would you really have said finally God is doing something about the English? cos i wouldn't have.

Carley

By saying "Finally, God is doing something about the Welsh" insinuated … By saying "Finally, God is doing something about the Welsh" insinuated that we as a race (regardless of skin colour or religion, the only difference is where we live) were suffering and that you were pleased of this. It may only be a storm here and a tragic event in Pakistan but you know exactly what your 'joke' was meant to suggest.So i ask why is it acceptable to say what you did, but had you posted the same comment about what is going on in Pakistan it would have been seen as racist and insensitive.And had someone said {insert English town here} is having massive thunderstorms would you really have said finally God is doing something about the English? cos i wouldn't have.

I would have about a specific English city but not the English in general as living here it wouldn't have actually worked as a line. The only reason I used 'welsh' as a general term and didn't name a specific Welsh town or city is because (I admit my own ignorance here) I don't know what you would call people from the different cities in the same way as I do from some English ones.

I can honestly say no racism or anything like that was meant (just friendly ribbing), but if that is what you took from my comment then I apologise.

Original Poster

Ungreat

I would have about a specific English city but not the English in general … I would have about a specific English city but not the English in general as living here it wouldn't have actually worked as a line. The only reason I used 'welsh' as a general term and didn't name a specific Welsh town or city is because (I admit my own ignorance here) I don't know what you would call people from the different cities in the same way as I do from some English ones.I can honestly say no racism or anything like that was meant (just friendly ribbing), but if that is what you took from my comment then I apologise.

no offense taken, i'm just intrigued as to why it is acceptable to joke about our nation potentially suffering huge damage and loss of human life.

Banned

I do love a good thunderstorm.

Maybe its not a thunderstorm - maybe its high level electrostatic discharge caused by the Earth's inner core stopping spinning..........I'd put your instant meals out in the garden as microwave radiation is next......
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32172
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1631
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764357
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846230

See more discussions