Groups

Armed Forces Family & Friends Chat Thread

Just got a e-mail from a cousin of mine who is abroad(Afghanistan)

Anyone else got family overseas with the forces and where?

NO POLITICS OR DISCUSSION ABOUT THE RIGHTS OR WRONGS OF WAR PLEASE

Thanks

27 Comments

Photo censored for National Security?

One of my friends from school was recently Killed In Action

Sean McDonald - R.I.P

Original Poster

DAMNOME;7901382

Photo censored for National Security?

Had second thoughts about putting it up tbh:thumbsup:

Original Poster

jaybizzle;7901392

One of my friends from school was recently Killed In ActionSean McDonald … One of my friends from school was recently Killed In ActionSean McDonald - R.I.P

R.I.P and thankyou

Yes but dont dont where he currently is stationed, last time I saw him he was working in an 'office; in london and couldnt tell me what he was doing.
    He was in afganistan, only reason I knew he was mentioned in dispatches.

Banned

My neighbour's 2 son's are in the army.

I hope they are not abroad.

My great nephew hasn't been posted anywhere yet but recently passed out for the Royal Marines.

My thoughts go out to all the brave service people past and present, fighting for our country.

Banned

There's a couple of people I know in Afghanistan

My cousin is in afghanistan now and was in fight last month where he was shot twice in the chest saved by his body armour. Scary stuff. He kept his vest plate as a reminder,but why he would want to remember that is beyond me. He was in our local paper pictured with his body armour.

dcx_badass;7901490

One of my best mates was in Afghanistan, but he got back earlier this … One of my best mates was in Afghanistan, but he got back earlier this week and is in Germany now.

Where in Germany, do you know? PM instead of on here.

Friends and family on tour in Afghan at mo, Husband in Germany, and myself to the big sandy place in November (please cancel, please cancel, please cancel!!)

Original Poster

Title change,would be a good thread to keep going with family news and news reports etc etc

dcx_badass;7901775

No idea sorry, he barely tells us anything about it, we just tend to find … No idea sorry, he barely tells us anything about it, we just tend to find out when he's back in England. All I know is he's in the signals.

Could be attached to any unit, in any area then.

It would be great to see all these fine young men and women back in this country with their families, where they belong.

They are fighting an imaginary war on terror, there are no weapons of mass destruction, Iraq will not be attacking us in the next 45 minutes and no one in either Iraq or Afghanistan had anything to do with 9/11.

It’s time to bring the liars to justice!!

Banned

jaclec;7902474

It would be great to see all these fine young men and women back in this … It would be great to see all these fine young men and women back in this country with their families, where they belong. They are fighting an imaginary war on terror, there are no weapons of mass destruction, Iraq will not be attacking us in the next 45 minutes and no one in either Iraq or Afghanistan had anything to do with 9/11. It’s time to bring the liars to justice!!

Hmmm. For some reason it wouldn't shock me if you have relatives fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Amirite?

Original Poster

jaclec;7902474

It would be great to see all these fine young men and women back in this … It would be great to see all these fine young men and women back in this country with their families, where they belong. They are fighting an imaginary war on terror, there are no weapons of mass destruction, Iraq will not be attacking us in the next 45 minutes and no one in either Iraq or Afghanistan had anything to do with 9/11. It’s time to bring the liars to justice!!

guv;7902638

Hmmm. For some reason it wouldn't shock me if you have relatives fighting … Hmmm. For some reason it wouldn't shock me if you have relatives fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan.Amirite?

No offence guys but could we keep this thread to chat about friends/relatives and suchlike....would like to keep this one politics free

Me and my husband were in the Navy, Hubby going back in soon. Luckily the Navy forces are not on the front line but still do their duty
    I would dread my boy joining army or Marines, but I praise any person who does

Original Poster

beth3735;7902683

Me and my husband were in the Navy, Hubby going back in soon. Luckily the … Me and my husband were in the Navy, Hubby going back in soon. Luckily the Navy forces are not on the front line but still do their duty :)I would dread my boy joining army or Marines, but I praise any person who does

How old is your husband if you dont mind me asking?

RIP Graham Shaw, great guy, dream profession but wrong choice of combat.

May all those that have died RIP and rewarded/punished for they sins

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;7903346

Well one side of my family is all Naval, has been for years, my hubby is … Well one side of my family is all Naval, has been for years, my hubby is RAF, his family were all Army, and my oldest friend is a marine!

I was the first one in my Family to join any of the forces

boothy;7903284

How old is your husband if you dont mind me asking?

He is going to be 30 in May

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;7905011

Oh were you? See thats interesting. I remember growing up, all my family … Oh were you? See thats interesting. I remember growing up, all my family down one side, were real career Navy, all officers and were giving their life over to the Navy. they are still in, I remember saying I would NEVER marry a forces guy, as I used to see the pain of them going away all the time.So I meet and and marry a guy in the RAF, :lol: can't be helped I guess! He decided to join as he didn't want to go straight into a 9-5 IT job when he finished his education.Do you want to go back in boothy?

Would do if numbers became that low/stretched that they were actively looking for the short term,but would not want to for a extended period

boothy;7905713

Would do if numbers became that low/stretched that they were actively … Would do if numbers became that low/stretched that they were actively looking for the short term,but would not want to for a extended period

How many years did you do? Hubby did 5 years, left because our 2nd baby girl was born and he missed so much with 1st one. He has been stuck in a rut and a boring call center Job since as his degree just doesnt do him any favours. But he has told he only has to do another 14 yrs till he will get his payout and pension.

Im happy with having a weekend husband for the next 14 yrs

Banned

beth3735;7906440

How many years did you do? Hubby did 5 years, left because our 2nd baby … How many years did you do? Hubby did 5 years, left because our 2nd baby girl was born and he missed so much with 1st one. He has been stuck in a rut and a boring call center Job since as his degree just doesnt do him any favours. But he has told he only has to do another 14 yrs till he will get his payout and pension.Im happy with having a weekend husband for the next 14 yrs

Aw, good luck to you all in the future x x

my mums cousin so my second cousin i think lol, is in the canadian army, recently got back safe from afghanistan

Original Poster

beth3735;7906440

How many years did you do? Hubby did 5 years, left because our 2nd baby … How many years did you do? Hubby did 5 years, left because our 2nd baby girl was born and he missed so much with 1st one. He has been stuck in a rut and a boring call center Job since as his degree just doesnt do him any favours. But he has told he only has to do another 14 yrs till he will get his payout and pension.Im happy with having a weekend husband for the next 14 yrs

Did 5
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions