Arranging a courier

Found 20th Nov 2017
Just won an auction on Ebay, it was collection in person only, but seller was happy for me to organise a courrier to have it sent to me. Can anyone recommend a courier company (coming from Doncaster to Essex) that is cheap but reliable. I am not worried on how long it takes. Ideally a company that allows dropping the parcel to collect point, TIA
J

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

Hermes

DPD

Shipley.

If it is a straightforward regular shaped parcel any of the above - as well as Yodel.

If it is a large unusual shaped item some of the above won't take it. Some also won't carry liquids.

Original Poster

Thanks, Seems that Hermes is quite reasonable price wise. I will probably go with them, once seller gives me the size and weight of the parcel, thanks again

I'm very surprised an eBay seller is allowing a courier to collect...

parcel2go.com/ they have a few options to parcel points

andynicol51 m ago

this, foolish seller

Original Poster

andynicol1 h, 23 m ago

Why, I have already paid her via Paypal. I offered her to drop the parcel at a collect point, i will send the label once i get it. Am I doing something wrong?

Original Poster

mrwhitelabel1 h, 12 m ago

https://www.parcel2go.com/ they have a few options to parcel points

Yes saw that too, if the seller sends me the info on time, i will use them, thank you

You are lucky I had a collection only and they flat out refused to even contemplate a courier being arranged.

jeannot1820 h, 56 m ago

Why, I have already paid her via Paypal. I offered her to drop the parcel …Why, I have already paid her via Paypal. I offered her to drop the parcel at a collect point, i will send the label once i get it. Am I doing something wrong?

bowerman20 h, 25 m ago

You are lucky I had a collection only and they flat out refused to even …You are lucky I had a collection only and they flat out refused to even contemplate a courier being arranged.

Nothing wrong as such, you've entered into an agreement but have requested a collection method which the seller didn't offer.....

As a seller, I'd be wary as they have no seller protection if a buyer collects/ or arranges there own courier.

The seller will have no proof of delivery and be left exposed should you raise a non-receipt claim, (I stress, I am in no way suggesting you would)

Original Poster

andynicol2 h, 6 m ago

Nothing wrong as such, you've entered into an agreement but have requested …Nothing wrong as such, you've entered into an agreement but have requested a collection method which the seller didn't offer.....As a seller, I'd be wary as they have no seller protection if a buyer collects/ or arranges there own courier.The seller will have no proof of delivery and be left exposed should you raise a non-receipt claim, (I stress, I am in no way suggesting you would)

I see your point, but it did not even enter my mind (i am not that type of person). As i said I paid via Paypal, courier has been arranged (thanks MrWhitlelabel) via Hermes with insurance. She had a copy of the label so she could always track it online I guess. But communication has been pretty good between seller and I. But you are right too i guess, some people could take advantage

jeannot183 m ago

I see your point, but it did not even enter my mind (i am not that type of …I see your point, but it did not even enter my mind (i am not that type of person). As i said I paid via Paypal, courier has been arranged (thanks MrWhitlelabel) via Hermes with insurance. She had a copy of the label so she could always track it online I guess. But communication has been pretty good between seller and I. But you are right too i guess, some people could take advantage

Post a comment
@
    Text