Groups

Arsenal legend Lee Dixon accused of racism over commentary during Liverpool v Tottenham

Banned
    Lee Dixon has been accused of racism after a comment he made relating to Son Heung-min while commentating on Liverpool’s 2-0 win over Tottenham.

You can see the video here:
    youtube.com/wat…iTA

During a replay of the incident, Dixon said: ‘Haaaiiyaa’, before adding ‘karate kick’.

Now Spurs fans call for Arsenal legend Lee Dixon to be sacked over Son commentary.

55 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Don't remember anyone getting upset when we called Cantonas attack a 'kung full kick'. It's a karate style kick. His Hiyaaa joke is crass and unfunny but it's not racist.

is Karate Chinese, yeah pretty much, PC brigade march on...

It developed from the indigenous martial arts of Ryukyu Islands (called te (手?), "hand"; tii in Okinawan) under the influence of Chinese martial arts, particularly Fujian White Crane.

Not sure what's wrong with that really.

Now I get the Toon Army - Tsunami reference that got a pundit sacked in the noughties but this is a joke even being discussed.

What a sad world we live in when a comment like that is called racist and people with nothing better to do are calling for a guy to lose his job . Strange how you never hear about the racist comments made against white people?

Original Poster Banned

davewave

is Karate Chinese, yeah pretty much, PC brigade march on...It developed … is Karate Chinese, yeah pretty much, PC brigade march on...It developed from the indigenous martial arts of Ryukyu Islands (called te (手?), "hand"; tii in Okinawan) under the influence of Chinese martial arts, particularly Fujian White Crane.

whydoineedastupidusername

Now I get the Toon Army - Tsunami reference that got a pundit sacked in … Now I get the Toon Army - Tsunami reference that got a pundit sacked in the noughties but this is a joke even being discussed.

stu20

What a sad world we live in when a comment like that is called racist … What a sad world we live in when a comment like that is called racist and people with nothing better to do are calling for a guy to lose his job . Strange how you never hear about the racist comments made against white people?

Agree! hopefully NBC let him keep his job!

Dipstick comment. Sort of thing a throwback would come out with.

Welcome to the new world. A world where virtually everything you've ever learned has been binned, deemed irrelevant and lacking. You will assimilate. What a ride...

I don't see what's wrong a karate kick isn't in anyway a derogatory term so what if he said it about a guy who I assume is Chinese stupid pc brigade.

I am offended at everyone else in this thread not being offended, Sickening ;).

He is South Korean not Chinese so the Tottenham fans are the ones who are being racist.

Isn't that what is normally said in films etc. When a karate kick has been performed no matter what ethnicity the person is?

Has anyone* actually said that this is racist or is this just another exercise for the 'permanently outraged' to start shout about 'political correctness' again.

*who isn't a spurs fan just trying to get an arsenal pundit sacked

ridiculous anyone finding this offensive, have the words 'karate kick' ever been used to cause offence, if it was a white English player it wouldn't be offensive. non story. liberal idiots looking to find offence.

Accused of racism by who?

Original Poster Banned

Gollywood

Accused of racism by who?

I noticed it trending on Twitter and the majority of comments about it were it was seen as racist! Googled it and that was the metro headline.

MrScotchBonnet

I noticed it trending on Twitter and the majority of comments about it … I noticed it trending on Twitter and the majority of comments about it were it was seen as racist! Googled it and that was the metro headline.

​Social media? It'll be forgotten tomorrow

Josh.Rogan

Has anyone* actually said that this is racist or is this just another … Has anyone* actually said that this is racist or is this just another exercise for the 'permanently outraged' to start shout about 'political correctness' again.*who isn't a spurs fan just trying to get an arsenal pundit sacked

Don't know.

Do you think it's an example of racism?

Original Poster Banned

Gollywood

​Social media? It'll be forgotten tomorrow

It's been covered by the papers too, I just wanted reasurance I wasn't alone thinking he's not even said anything wrong!

God get a life...any excuse to get on the racism bandwagon these days.

Vanderlust

Dipstick comment. Sort of thing a throwback would come out with.

Ok snowflake

Josh.Rogan

*who isn't a spurs fan just trying to get an arsenal pundit sacked

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

I don't think its racist.

Hardly gone down the Big Ron route....

But a little cultural awareness would be advised!
    Edited by: "Gollywood" 12th Feb

Snowflaaaaakee. HODORRRRR

Throwbacks are comedy. Guess we still need them for a bit, robots aren't ready to replace them for a few years yet.

Let's make king fu noises at Asian people hahahaha so funneh, laughed at it when I was 13 still laughing when I'm 50 hahahaha classic comedy gold mate hahahaha

Cringe.

What did the karate master say when meeting his disciples for the first time?

Hiya!

*gets coat and runs away*

shadey12

ridiculous anyone finding this offensive, have the words 'karate kick' … ridiculous anyone finding this offensive, have the words 'karate kick' ever been used to cause offence, if it was a white English player it wouldn't be offensive. non story. liberal idiots looking to find offence.

It would, cultural appropriation.

The face of fascism 2017...

http://www.drinkstuff.com/productimg/41073_large.jpg

Vanderlust

Let's make king fu noises at Asian people hahahaha so funneh, laughed at … Let's make king fu noises at Asian people hahahaha so funneh, laughed at it when I was 13 still laughing when I'm 50 hahahaha classic comedy gold mate hahahaha Cringe.

​if I was sat in a restaurant in London (unlikely) and I was eating Yorkshire pudding, I would not take offence to someone who said I was eating Yorkshire pudding as I'm from Yorkshire. it is known as a 'karate kick', it is not known as a 'Lancashire shin kick'

shadey12

if it was a white English player it wouldn't be offensive.

Hey Captain Obvious, maybe the fact that he wasn't prompted the comment and has led to any kind of story?

This wouldn't have happened had the footballer stayed in his home country instead of coming over here & potentially taken the job of an English footballer...

Rom

Hey Captain Obvious, maybe the fact that he wasn't prompted the comment … Hey Captain Obvious, maybe the fact that he wasn't prompted the comment and has led to any kind of story?

​like I said, liberal idiots looking to find offence.
    thanks for quoting one part of what I typed.

Gollywood

This wouldn't have happened had the footballer stayed in his home country … This wouldn't have happened had the footballer stayed in his home country instead of coming over here & potentially taken the job of an English footballer...

Or if he hadn't Kung Fu kicked a player on the opposing team - fatuous claims of racism such as this desensitise people to real racism.

Idiots.

One thing's for sure, he was lucky to stay on the pitch.
    That could have been a Korea ending tackle.

Oh God I bet some lefty skidmark gets one of those pointless electronic petitions going on this.

Bure11

Idiots.

Agree, walk on...Jap

Jack-L92

Agree, walk on...Jap

Vardy was saying .... oh chap walk on. Not jap
    Edited by: "jax619" 13th Feb

It says on sky sports it was the Chinese cameraman that complained Phil Ming.

I'll get my coat

Original Poster Banned

jax619

It says on sky sports it was the Chinese cameraman that complained Phil … It says on sky sports it was the Chinese cameraman that complained Phil Ming.:( I'll get my coat

X)

Vanderlust

Let's make king fu noises at Asian people hahahaha so funneh, laughed at … Let's make king fu noises at Asian people hahahaha so funneh, laughed at it when I was 13 still laughing when I'm 50 hahahaha classic comedy gold mate hahahaha Cringe.

You mean when you watched the Muppets?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a4/5a/b0/a45ab0d98ac9cc30487b69cfecb1ef7d.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876391
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767413
      3. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…36
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?45

See more discussions