Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss to leave club at end of season

Found 20th Apr
Community Updates
Misc
26 Comments
"I am grateful for having had the privilege to serve the club for so many memorable years," said Wenger. "I managed the club with full commitment and integrity.

"To all the Arsenal lovers, take care of the values of the club."

bbc.co.uk/spo…283

A good guy, but just couldn't manage to keep up with his rivals and the club has been in steady decline for a decade. Probably should have left at the end of last season having failed to qualify for the CL. The problem now is who do they replace him with, and will Arsenal need major rebuilding once he leaves like United did when Fergie left?
Gutted. Been a Gooner since 1993. Seen a little before Wenger (Graham, Rioch) but its mainly all I have ever know. A sad day for sure but I think it was time for a change of guard. I think Thomas Tuchel seems to be the one rumored to take over and hes gonna have a tough time and big shoes to full but we shall see what happens in the summer
£10 he goes to PSG.
Wow hard to imagine Arsenal without him In this day and age where some managers don't even last 22 days, to manage a club for 22 years is something special and no doubt we will never see the like again. No matter what you thought of him in recent years, you cannot deny he helped improve football in England with his coaching and style of play he introduced. Even though I am not an Arsenal fan I will forever have a soft spot for Arsenal because of Arsene Wenger.
deleted1315437
Wenger in!
deleted1431257
Wexit is happening!
He just been Arsene around for the last couple of years.

Been a good manager in general.
david_wavid3 h, 35 m ago

£10 he goes to PSG.

He wont be going to psg as they already have a manager lined up.
as a gooner glad he's going. thanks for the memories but in all honesty he's been average past few years
Emmanuel Petit, Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Marc Overmars, Robert Pires and Nicolas Anelka were some of the greatest footballers to grace modern day football but for me Patrick Vieira deserves legendary status. Without doubt he is my all time favourite footballer. No one commanded such a presence on the pitch as Patrick Vieira.
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got till it's gone.
The Spurs fans will be lost without him.......
Comments club have made about being bold and brave about appointment makes me think Henry - and I approve of that -

Rodgers, Rafa and Moyes all mentioned would all be seriously stupid....

Much like Pep, Simone and Zindane - going young and ex players route does work - the premier league carousel of managers should be a trend that’s killed off....
jimmy_the_fridge3 h, 5 m ago

Don't it always seem to goThat you don't know what you got till it's gone.

They paved Highbury and put up a parking lot.
joanddan73 h, 38 m ago

They paved Highbury and put up a parking lot.

They actually did a good job redeveloping Highbury. It looks good.
joanddan74 h, 20 m ago

Comments club have made about being bold and brave about appointment makes …Comments club have made about being bold and brave about appointment makes me think Henry - and I approve of that -Rodgers, Rafa and Moyes all mentioned would all be seriously stupid....Much like Pep, Simone and Zindane - going young and ex players route does work - the premier league carousel of managers should be a trend that’s killed off....

Moyes!
joanddan74 h, 57 m ago

Comments club have made about being bold and brave about appointment makes …Comments club have made about being bold and brave about appointment makes me think Henry - and I approve of that -Rodgers, Rafa and Moyes all mentioned would all be seriously stupid....Much like Pep, Simone and Zindane - going young and ex players route does work - the premier league carousel of managers should be a trend that’s killed off....

Thierry Henry?
Snakeyes64610 h, 50 m ago

He wont be going to psg as they already have a manager lined up.

Egos that
joanddan76 h, 4 m ago

I say the best guy to manage arsenal would be Steve Hendrix still managing to live in his high horse
About time!!

He deserves to live a little in his old age, after the amount of abuse he got in the last 10 years (#WENGER OUT#) from his own fans. I 8-2 say this but I feel sorry for Arsene Wenger because he should’ve popped the question few years earlier in 2015.

I think that’s when he should’ve left with no European cup or league cups in his trophy cabinet and 6million a year for 20 odd years you can say he had a luxury life.

Everything comes to an end someday, he will be forgiven for looking for 4th place cup for 15 odd years but his legacy will not be forgotten being the first French (European) Manager to go a whole season unbeaten (thanks to that Van Nistelrooy penalty miss) in 2003.

Not to forget he was the man to bring the passing game and foreign inputs to the English game and destroy the English league records naming no English players in his first 11 and 5 subs (16 man squad) that is.

Kudos great man and manager deserved to leave on a high let’s hope for his sake they win the Europa League and end his last year, his last season, his last game with the only trophy(s) missing from his CV. Thanks for reading my thoughts and views on the special one.
jimmy_the_fridge10 h, 52 m ago

They actually did a good job redeveloping Highbury. It looks good.

You quoted a song and I was playfully finishing it
Tuchel won’t take over, he’ll go to PSG, we’ll probably get Vieira with potentially Arsene going the other way to the US
joanddan75 h, 32 m ago

You quoted a song and I was playfully finishing it

Lol I know I know but when you said it I wondered what had been done with it so i googled it as I was curious.
jimmy_the_fridge14 m ago

Lol I know I know but when you said it I wondered what had been done with …Lol I know I know but when you said it I wondered what had been done with it so i googled it as I was curious.

It’s lovely housing thing isn’t it?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants