Article 50 is coming! Bill is passed. A Brexit Celebration thread.

140 replies
Found 1st Feb
Bill allowing article 50 to be implemented passes by 498 to 114.

Hooray!

Awaits comments from remoaners, snowdrops, the unbathed and the loony left.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
140 Comments

Great news.

2nd referendum? Didn't think so....
Edited by: "SJHan" 1st Feb

crazy. the country voted out yet we still don't trigger art 50.
parliment vote out but still not triggered.
we will probably ask trump if we should trigger it oO

stuarthanley

Great news. 2nd referendum? Didn't think so....

I predict a riot

about time too!

srp111

crazy. the country voted out yet we still don't trigger art 50.parliment … crazy. the country voted out yet we still don't trigger art 50.parliment vote out but still not triggered.we will probably ask trump if we should trigger it oO

Hope so At least we would get a straight answer

Jimmy Cranky will be having a fit..........X)

livinthedream

I predict a riot

I predict a jetsam of dummies and teddy bears floating in a sea of tears.

That still means we have 114 treacherous b******s who don't deserve to be in the position they're in. Good news, nonetheless.

Looks like we'll get a lot of snow soon.

srp111

crazy. the country voted out yet we still don't trigger art 50.parliment … crazy. the country voted out yet we still don't trigger art 50.parliment vote out but still not triggered.we will probably ask trump if we should trigger it oO

Plenty of people are triggered though

Original Poster

Predikuesi

I've been waiting for it, off to watch the match. Hopefully this thread will be more interesting when I get back.

I'm guessing they're all writing up .gov.uk petitions and planning mass protests against democracy.
Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 1st Feb

stuarthanley

I predict a jetsam of dummies and teddy bears floating in a sea of tears. … I predict a jetsam of dummies and teddy bears floating in a sea of tears.

​Already had that from the idiots that voted leave thinking that £350m a week would go to the NHS

Looks like a tick up on the GBP - USD rate too.

Rich44

​Already had that from the idiots that voted leave thinking that £350m a w … ​Already had that from the idiots that voted leave thinking that £350m a week would go to the NHS

Found one...... Gotta catch them all

Predikuesi

Or a new Israel thread (_;)

Finally. I didn't even vote to leave but definitely glad it's all over. I don't know what took them so long in the first place. (_;) lets just hope it's not a complete disaster.

Now how long before Sturgeon and Salmond appear to say time has ran out lol They really make me laugh when they know they have zero chance of winning indy ref 2 lol

srp111

Only 26% voted out. Just saying.

It as was predicted, by a lot of hukd members, a long time ago.
I think the remainers have finally seen the last of the straws they were clutching finally disappear, maybe they can have a petition or a march or something.

jase.2

Now how long before Sturgeon and Salmond appear to say time has ran out … Now how long before Sturgeon and Salmond appear to say time has ran out lol They really make me laugh when they know they have zero chance of winning indy ref 2 lol

Hope they do get another referendum about Scotland. To decide if they fall in line and start to pay for the Nhs and uni places
Nhs supposedly on its butt yet can still have some nations getting all of it for free ?

Rich44

​Already had that from the idiots that voted leave thinking that £350m a w … ​Already had that from the idiots that voted leave thinking that £350m a week would go to the NHS

​its a strange phenomenon, I haven't heard one leave voter mention £350,000,000 since last June, the remainers don't half bang on about it though.

qwerta369

Errrrr...... Great maths oO

qwerta369

So even a smaller percentage voted to remain!

stuarthanley

Errrrr...... Great maths oO

Thanks man. I learned it at school.
Edited by: "Rastafari" 1st Feb

qwerta369

Thanks man.

37. 4% of the UK voted out.
Edited by: "SJHan" 2nd Feb

valhallablue

So even a smaller percentage voted to remain!

Indeed.

26.6% of UK population voted out.
24.7% of UK population voted remain.

Paddy_o_furniture

Awaits comments from remoaners, snowdrops, the unbathed and the loony … Awaits comments from remoaners, snowdrops, the unbathed and the loony left.

Are your comrades of out voting not welcome then?

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder656/500x/56778656.jpg

And now apparently David Cameron tried to stifle press freedom of speech by attempting to get Paul Dacre sacked for Anti EU views. I don't care much for Daily Mail but the PM should not be involved in these matters.

Edited by: "drasim" 1st Feb

shadey12

It as was predicted, by a lot of hukd members, a long time ago.I think … It as was predicted, by a lot of hukd members, a long time ago.I think the remainers have finally seen the last of the straws they were clutching finally disappear, maybe they can have a petition or a march or something.

The NHS will already have more money to spend because of all the exercise these people are getting

Oh I'm sure Labour the failed party who need someone else to run things, I'm sure they will do everything with Tony Blair too ruin any kind of departure from the EU.

They want it as it is now, it's hard Brexit or no Brexit pointless any other way.

moneysavingkitten

Are your comrades of out voting not welcome then?

Nope, no opposition of government policy is allowed.

It's great being free from a dictatorship now!

stuarthanley

No.

I'm not here to argue with you my friend. You do the maths yourself. I took the UK population figure from here a few days ago, which basis it's figures on UN estimates.

won't be many hot deals when the economy goes more tits up, price rises ahoy people!

Original Poster

qwerta369

I'm not here to argue with you my friend. You do the maths yourself. I … I'm not here to argue with you my friend. You do the maths yourself. I took the UK population figure from here a few days ago, which basis it's figures on UN estimates.

Which accounts for the UK population as a whole. The number for those able to vote in the EU referendum was: 46,501,241. Of which 17,410,742 voted leave and 16,141,241 voted remain. Approx 13 million eligible people didn't vote.
Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 1st Feb

qwerta369

I'm not here to argue with you my friend. You do the maths yourself. I … I'm not here to argue with you my friend. You do the maths yourself. I took the UK population figure from here a few days ago, which basis it's figures on UN estimates.

You need to work out a percentage of a percentage which, in this case, is 52% of 72% for leave and 48% of 72% for remain.

You're right that one is lower than the other. Just the figures are wrong. Unless, of course, you're counting the population that aren't entitled to vote.
Edited by: "SJHan" 1st Feb

Original Poster

MrMoonX

won't be many hot deals when the economy goes more tits up, price rises … won't be many hot deals when the economy goes more tits up, price rises ahoy people!

This is a celebration thread. No negativity please.

Rubisco

The NHS will already have more money to spend because of all the exercise … The NHS will already have more money to spend because of all the exercise these people are getting

​that's a thought, I do like to see positives.
less diabetes in London, the pessimist in me is wondering how much counselling costs though.

MrMoonX

won't be many hot deals when the economy goes more tits up, price rises … won't be many hot deals when the economy goes more tits up, price rises ahoy people!

Have you at least diversified your investments?

MrMoonX

​is your comment based on fact, or speculation?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4594788
    2. Analogue's Super Nt SNES Wants to Do What Nintendon't513
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2587
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247574

See more discussions