As I look out of my back door..........

24 replies
Found 3rd Aug 2009
which side of fencing belongs to me? right or left please?

found neighbours dog in garden this morning and the fence is badly broken,rung the council who tell me the left hand side belongs to me,i thought it was the right hand side?

1. Misc
  2. Door
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Door
24 Comments

I believe its the left, not 100% on this though

It varies, not always one side or the other.
You'll need to check the deeds to be sure.

yes its the left, in general

Original Poster

its council property,theyre telling me if im concerned with the fence its down to me,but it wasnt broken til they moved in next door and now its falling down,ive done my best to stack boards and bricks against it to stop the dogs coming thru but they just push it all down

just tell them their dog broke the fence and they will have to pay

Original Poster

ding;5920535

just tell them their dog broke the fence and they will have to pay

theyre moving out at the weekend,its a half way house so noone is ever in their long (and i doubt anyone would want to repair or replace fence because of this) but i dont want to be paying out for a fence if it isnt mine

[SIZE=7]left deffo 100%[/SIZE]

Mines left too

Original Poster

hhmmm looks like i will have to replace then thanks to their dogs

My brother is in a housing association place, and he has had to replace his left fence too.

It's a pain and a cost, but your privacy and safety are worth it
XxX

Original Poster

Butterflies;5920626

My brother is in a housing association place, and he has had to replace … My brother is in a housing association place, and he has had to replace his left fence too.It's a pain and a cost, but your privacy and safety are worth itXxX

yes very true but its so annoying that their dogs broke it and i have to fork out to repair or replace it
as theyre moving at the weekend i dont think they are too bothered about it

Mardyass;5920642

yes very true but its so annoying that their dogs broke it and i have to … yes very true but its so annoying that their dogs broke it and i have to fork out to repair or replace itas theyre moving at the weekend i dont think they are too bothered about it

I know what you mean. But you don't know who is coming to live next door over the next few years. It might well be a lovely family who will make great neighbours.

If the new fence is put up well it should last you many years.

In my property, the left is the next door neighbours, (had to check deeds to confirm) The fench is their responsibility, the wall on the right (semi detached) is my responsibility.

Hope you get it all sorted amicably.

If you live at the end of the street (at the top), who owns the right fence / wall / hedge? :O

I always thought it was to do with the fence posts, the owner of the fence has to have the posts on their side?

Didn't know there was a rule that one side was yours.

Butterflies;5920687

I know what you mean. But you don't know who is coming to live next door … I know what you mean. But you don't know who is coming to live next door over the next few years. It might well be a lovely family who will make great neighbours.

Or it could be the neighbours from hell. Get the fence sorted now! Even chicken wire tacked over the hole would do.

Simple....WHEN are the COUNCIL ever right.....CHECK YOUR DEEDS

splatsplatsplat;5921209

Or it could be the neighbours from hell. Get the fence sorted now! Even … Or it could be the neighbours from hell. Get the fence sorted now! Even chicken wire tacked over the hole would do.

Yeah I know - I'd mentioned earlier to get them replaced for safety and privacy purposes... then I thought I'd mention that it might not turn out bad too!

You're not supposed to, but we nailed in nails to the top of the fence at our old house, leaving them sticking out a bit. Made it uncomfortable for anyone trying to climb over the back fence.

Banned

raptorcigs;5920585

[SIZE=7]left deffo 100%[/SIZE]

That is simply wrong. There is no set layout - it depends on the deeds.

As I look out of my back door the fence on the right hand side is mine

Mardyass;5920528

its council property,theyre telling me if im concerned with the fence its … its council property,theyre telling me if im concerned with the fence its down to me,but it wasnt broken til they moved in next door and now its falling down,ive done my best to stack boards and bricks against it to stop the dogs coming thru but they just push it all down

There's the answer then - neither side as it's the council's fence.:thumbsup:

vibeone;5921298

That is simply wrong. There is no set layout - it depends on the deeds.

Correct.

Banned

LJM;5923023

Correct.

+1

do you have a gas fire?

if you do...whichever side your chimney flute is...its that side

left.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions