As it is national riddle day on here today .............................. Two Doors, Two guards ....

Found 28th Feb 2008
Two Guards:
You are a prisoner in a room with two doors and two guards. One door leads to certain death, the other to certain freedom. You may ask one question of one guard. You know that one guard always tells the truth and the other guard always lies, but you don't know which is which. What do you do? What ONE (only one question allowed) question can you ask to be sure of getting the door to freedom ?

1. Misc
  2. Door
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Door
10 Comments

Ask one of them ' Can you walk through one of the doors please'??????!

Original Poster

homer_213;1645447

Ask one of them ' Can you walk through one of the doors please'??????!

No :roll:

Ask one "If he was the other guard, which door would he tell you to take."
The answer is always the lie, you take the other one.

Just wait until the end of the shift then look what door they go through and you have your answer!

So use the question to keep you amused while you wait!

Sorry I'll get my goat! Sorry coat!

Watch Labyrinth and get the answer. ;-)

Original Poster

KDH001;1645462

Ask one "If he was the other guard, which door would he tell you to … Ask one "If he was the other guard, which door would he tell you to take."The answer is always the lie, you take the other one.

You've heard this before, haven't you ! :whistling:
YES CORRECT - WELL DONE
(When i first heard this it took me almost 3 days to work out ..... !)

First heard this on an old Doctor Who episode, with Jon Pertwee playing the doctor.

can you please tell me which door i should not take, whatever is the answer i take the other one..
(lier will point out to the wrong one because he lies, and thruthful one will point the wrong one because i have asked him that way)

albelsingh;1645530

can you please tell me which door i should not take, whatever is the … can you please tell me which door i should not take, whatever is the answer i take the other one..(lier will point out to the wrong one because he lies, and thruthful one will point the wrong one because i have asked him that way)

But the one who tells the truth would tell you the one that you should not go through and the one who lies will tell you the one you should go through so you would not have your answer that way.
As already mentioned you should just ask what the other guard would tell you is the right door and the answer will be wrong so you take the other door.

KDH001;1645496

First heard this on an old Doctor Who episode, with Jon Pertwee playing … First heard this on an old Doctor Who episode, with Jon Pertwee playing the doctor.

... and you still remember it after all this time.:p Astonishing:-D
Post a comment
@
    Text