Asbestos removal cost

Posted 16th Oct
Can anyone give me a figure I should be looking at in Manchester

Need garage roof removing of asbestos 24’ 8” Garage & Utility Area.

As well as an old flume and 4 sheets of asbestos from around the boiler

Been quoted 2400
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
I hope you took this into account when negotiating the price of the house.
That is actually ok for complete removal.
Check council website. We got rid of ours for free but I think that's not possible now? Although there is a asbestos bin at recycling centre but it's for small amounts I understand. People used to hire van and take away themselves. I don't know what is the going rate to remove though.
Edited by: "wayners" 16th Oct
deeky16/10/2019 19:34

I hope you took this into account when negotiating the price of the house.

No I’m
In process and I’m going back to the seller once I have full quotes I’m writing ect
I don’t know if to ask for them to go half or ask for the full £4000 as it will need a roof putting back on

Full quote ball park he said £4000
Remove all asbestos and put a new tile roof on . The woot to building regs ect
Edited by: "ashmac" 16th Oct
ashmac16/10/2019 20:00

No I’mIn process and I’m going back to the seller once I have full quotes I …No I’mIn process and I’m going back to the seller once I have full quotes I’m writing ect

Did you know about it? Did it come up on the survey? If it did show and you didn't bring the financials up then you might have missed the boat. The seller would have every right to tell you to swivel.
Does the garage roof need replacing? If not, then leave be. As I understand it, asbestos is fine if not disturbed.
I used a company called VSF for mine. Funnily enough they came from Manchester to Derby to do the work.

Remove old corrugated asbestos roof and replace with galvanised steel, £1900 all in. Garage is 20 ft long and this was 2 years ago. I only replaced because it was leaking and I wanted to convert garage into a workshop.
Just removed mine myself to keep costs down was easy enough to do
On looking the roof has 7 panels the rest are see thru panels fibre glass
deeky16/10/2019 20:03

Did you know about it? Did it come up on the survey? If it did show and …Did you know about it? Did it come up on the survey? If it did show and you didn't bring the financials up then you might have missed the boat. The seller would have every right to tell you to swivel.

Just come up on survey I just got back yesterday, not even told Estate agent yet
JimboParrot16/10/2019 20:05

Does the garage roof need replacing? If not, then leave be. As I …Does the garage roof need replacing? If not, then leave be. As I understand it, asbestos is fine if not disturbed.

It’s not that easy as the flume I’m the boiler is asbestos and we need it removing to get the heating done , the flume goes through the garage roof
Hacked16/10/2019 20:48

I used a company called VSF for mine. Funnily enough they came from …I used a company called VSF for mine. Funnily enough they came from Manchester to Derby to do the work.Remove old corrugated asbestos roof and replace with galvanised steel, £1900 all in. Garage is 20 ft long and this was 2 years ago. I only replaced because it was leaking and I wanted to convert garage into a workshop.

I will google them thanks
Diynot is the forum for this kind of stuff
ashmac16/10/2019 21:49

Need garage roof removing of asbestos 24’ 8” Garage & Utility Area.

Buy property. Check building insurance covers damage to garage roof. After an appropriate time, likely after your commendable local wildlife preservation activities, discover the roof has collapsed after you attracted a flock of some grossly overweight birds. Pizza, chocolate and cake should work.
Sounds a decent price.
ashmac16/10/2019 21:48

It’s not that easy as the flume I’m the boiler is asbestos and we need it r …It’s not that easy as the flume I’m the boiler is asbestos and we need it removing to get the heating done , the flume goes through the garage roof

Can you not just get the existing boiler safely turned off/disconnected and site a new boiler and flue elsewhere?
JimboParrot17/10/2019 08:07

Can you not just get the existing boiler safely turned off/disconnected …Can you not just get the existing boiler safely turned off/disconnected and site a new boiler and flue elsewhere?

Yes this is an option but the flue is grey large and very ugly in the side of the house , it’s going to have to go
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants