Expired

Ascot dress code - Premier Admission

Found 27th Jun 2014
Ok - so going along with my brother and some friends to the king george meet in 25th July. Into the premier stands... so dress code applies. It states "Gentlemen must wear a jacket, collared shirt and a tied. Trainers are not permitted".

My problem my usual attire is jeans and a t-shirt, unless i am at work and its a business suit. So i need to buy something... however not a clue on what type of attire is appropriate.

Looking for some suggestions, that aren't going to blow the bank...
Community Updates
AskDress
13 Comments
If this is what advised then just follow it otherwise they wont let you in which would spoil your day
Gentlemen must wear a jacket, collared shirt and a tie
also trousers(not shorts) are not mentioned above but i guess thats an essential
Why not just wear your business suit? unless your day job is as a clown I am sure it would be acceptable. It seems a tad unfair that trainers are banned as they are the ones that make the horses win races.
IamMT

Why not just wear your business suit? unless your day job is as a clown I … Why not just wear your business suit? unless your day job is as a clown I am sure it would be acceptable. It seems a tad unfair that trainers are banned as they are the ones that make the horses win races.

Wouldn't people trip over his shoes
Dress up like this and you will get in no problem.
http://www.safield.co.uk/images/horse.jpg
archer1204

If this is what advised then just follow it otherwise they wont let you … If this is what advised then just follow it otherwise they wont let you in which would spoil your dayGentlemen must wear a jacket, collared shirt and a tiealso trousers(not shorts) are not mentioned above but i guess thats an essential

I wasn't suggesting flouting the dress code - i just really dont know what to wear... as i say i only ever wear Jeans & T-shirts... so pointers would be good..
Doesn't say you can't wear jeans...
sancho1983

Doesn't say you can't wear jeans...

Generally jeans and a jacket look OK but with a tie you will look a tit.
Personally i would highly suggest not wearing jeans to a premier admission stand its only a suggestion but why not phone the racecourse just explain you wanted some advice as you have never been in the premier stand before.
what others wear
http://www.rotaryascot.org/press/Press20110502_files/image004.jpg
whatsThePoint

what others wear

A dress it is then! X)
They won't let you in with jeans. You need a shirt and tie, I'd reccomend having a look in Tkmaxx for that. Going for slim fit is generally a more modern look. And the expectation is to wear a suit. Unless the racecourse gives specific instruction that it is acceptable due to hot weather then you will be expected to wear the suit jacket at all times. Normally though you are free to move around different parts of the racecourse where the dress code is much slacker and you can remove your jacket.
Just buy a new suit then use it for work or weddings etc afterwards, m&s do a fairly cheap and washable suit, that's actually quite nice and comes out great from the machine, not shiny or cheap looking
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants