Asda and Lidl recall pasties after pieces of glass are found inside

Editor 13
Found 11th Aug 2017
Yikes!

2762547-ZnYi0.jpg
Chicken and mushroom, and minced steak and onion slices are being taken off the shelves of Lidl and safety warnings issued after a shard from a suspected broken bulb was found by supplier Peter’s Food Service (PFS).

It also affects steak, and peppered steak, slices from Asda as well as PFS’s own line of ‘premium’ chicken tikka, cheesy bean and sausage, and chicken and bacon slices in addition to its cheese and onion ‘deli’ pasty.

A PFS spokesman said: ‘The safety of our food is of paramount importance and we take all issues regarding the production of our food extremely seriously.

‘We are recalling a small batch…due to possible glass fragments.

Advice from the Food Standards agency is that anyone who has bought any of the products should not eat them and instead return the pies for a full refund.

Product: ASDA 2 Peppered Steak Slices
Pack size: 2 x 150 grams
Use By date: 19 August 2017
Batch code: L6 220

Product: ASDA 2 Peppered Steak Slices
Use By date: 20 August 2017
Batch code: L6 221

Product: ASDA 2 Steak Slices
Use By date: 19 August 2017

Product: ASDA 2 Steak Slices

Product: LIDL Chef Select 2 Chicken and Mushroom Slices

Product: LIDL Chef Select 2 Minced Steak and Onion Slices

Product: Peter’s Deli Cheese and Onion Pasty
Pack size: 150 grams

Product: Peter’s Cheese and Onion Pasty
Pack size: 150 grams

Product: Peter’s Premier Chicken and Bacon Slice
Pack size: 180 grams
Use By date: 21 August 2017

Product: Peter’s Premier Chicken Tikka Slice

Product: Peter’s Premier Chicken Tikka Slice
Use By date: 21 August 2017

Product: Peter’s Premier Sausage and Bean Slice

Product: Peter’s Premier Steak Slice

No other Peter’s Food Service Ltd batches or products are known to be affected.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
They'll probably end up in Heron Foods as light snacks.
13 Comments
Predikuesi15 m ago

Light snacks with a tasty filament.
Seems like every other day a "discount retailer" seems to have an issue with a dirt cheap food product.
groenleader12 m ago

Seems like every other day a "discount retailer" seems to have an issue …Seems like every other day a "discount retailer" seems to have an issue with a dirt cheap food product.

Au contraire , you can form a balanced view from an official sourced compilation as opposed to random selection that's put before you Food Standard Agency - Food alerts news
Edited by: "splender" 11th Aug 2017
splender4 h, 33 m ago

Au contraire , you can form a balanced view from an official sourced …Au contraire , you can form a balanced view from an official sourced compilation as opposed to random selection that's put before you Food Standard Agency - Food alerts news

That makes for some grim reading!
Wonder if anyone has found any with actual meat in.

(Disclaimer: I do not or have ever subscribed to any views based on the quality of meat, I just wanted to be the first to make the tedious joke, please do not respond telling me the percentage of what is in, or isn't in these products)
that's what happens when you try to bastardise the pasty, st piran shakes hos fist in anger.
Extra protien?
catbeans15 h, 34 m ago

Wonder if anyone has found any with actual meat in. (Disclaimer: I do not …Wonder if anyone has found any with actual meat in. (Disclaimer: I do not or have ever subscribed to any views based on the quality of meat, I just wanted to be the first to make the tedious joke, please do not respond telling me the percentage of what is in, or isn't in these products)

Hopefully none in the cheese & onion
"Recalled due to an actual piece of steak being found in a pasty"
Edited by: "themachman" 12th Aug 2017
benjammin31612th Aug

Hopefully none in the cheese & onion

That's the flavour my Mrs guessed last night when I suggested we played the game of testing which flavour condom I was wearing.

Unfortunately I hadn't yet put one on at that point.
ezzer721 h, 1 m ago

That's the flavour my Mrs guessed last night when I suggested we played …That's the flavour my Mrs guessed last night when I suggested we played the game of testing which flavour condom I was wearing.Unfortunately I hadn't yet put one on at that point.

Yours is pointed? I suppose that means things don't close with a bang if it tapers like that.
ezzer7216 h, 9 m ago

That's the flavour my Mrs guessed last night when I suggested we played …That's the flavour my Mrs guessed last night when I suggested we played the game of testing which flavour condom I was wearing.Unfortunately I hadn't yet put one on at that point.

Mrs. Yeah right. Trololo.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants