ASDA Avatar DVD and Blu ray special offer 1st day heads up

was in asda in fareham and the checkout operator was reading a briefing which said avatar will be at a special price on day of release on monday 26th the brief didnt have a price just £XX for both copies and the women didnt know but she said will be between £7 and £9 like they normally do, so may be worth keeping an eye out and heading down monday if you are looking to buy this great film.

Dont know if will be online as well as now shows normal price but could change late sunday or monday online, but in store will def be on offer and national and should last the week

ps if anyone works for asda and can find out the price add it to this so me or the mods can update it

13 Comments

Gotta beat a price of £10 for DVD and £15 for Blu-Ray to be hot.

I'm confident Asda will :-)

Original Poster

for got to mention it did show competitors prices at bottom so i thing it will be good as i noticed Amazon £14.99 Blu ray so if they beat that ill be very happy

They may well beat or match the £10 play offer...but my Blu/DVD combi has already been posted so should be with me Friday at the latest...to be honest, this is not really a deal, rather a heads up that Asda will be doing a special price but no idea what it is.

If they beat £15 then that will be a good deal for those who want to pick it up so good spot. Will be interesting to see what the other supermarkets do.

Original Poster

as title says HEADS UP splinters, atleast giving people an option if they dont want to buy online

Its very rare for a day 1 price of a hot blu ray to be particularly attractive. £14.99 is about as low as they ever go on release day.

Unless they manage to squeeze the steelbook edition down to £14.99! Now that WOULD be interesting.

When is it due to hit the stores?

Original Poster

26th April Monday

will find out tomorrow hopefully

Hopefully people will see this film for what it is when it's stripped of 3D.

supermod

the brief didnt have a price just £XX for both copies and the women didnt … the brief didnt have a price just £XX for both copies and the women didnt know but she said will be between £7 and £9 like they normally do

Moved to MISC as its a heads up currently rather than an deal with a specific selling price, thanks.

Steelbook is online only!

dcx_badass;8424583

It's just a crappier version of Pocahontas, why would you want to waste … It's just a crappier version of Pocahontas, why would you want to waste money on it?

The kids enjoyed it and, for a tenner, it is a decent Blu ray to show off a Home Cinema system...:thumbsup:

splinters;8424973

The kids enjoyed it and, for a tenner, it is a decent Blu ray to show off … The kids enjoyed it and, for a tenner, it is a decent Blu ray to show off a Home Cinema system...:thumbsup:

Nah showing off is when you switch it off and don't use it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763961
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions