Groups

Asda Boys Swim Shorts (Recall)

SuperEd
    Styles: Check (2 designs), Stripe, Hibiscus, Shark, Skull, Photographic Surf
    Sizes: Ages 4 – 14 (image in 1st comment with link)

What’s happened?

As a precaution, George is recalling the above Boys Swim Shorts because the quality of the mesh lining is not to our required specification.

What you should do?
    If you have purchased these swim shorts, please take the product back to your local Asda store for a full refund. No receipt or packaging is necessary. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you would like any further information please contact:

Asda Customer Relations – 0800 952 0101

14 Comments

Original Poster SuperEd

What does "mesh lining is not to our required specification" do to the wearer?

Original Poster SuperEd

splender

What does "mesh lining is not to our required specification" do to the … What does "mesh lining is not to our required specification" do to the wearer?

they don't say but there was a incident from another retailer last year here due to netting (not for the squeamish)

Maybe they've had complaints of similar nature.

goonertillidie

they don't say but there was a incident from another retailer last year … they don't say but there was a incident from another retailer last year here due to netting (not for the squeamish)Maybe they've had complaints of similar nature.

Not surprised with these supermarkets, they JUST do specifications and insufficient quality check to their OWN specification, namely, a lack of MEN/WOMEN deployed to test for compliance with their own specifications. They let the customers do the quality control and then they go to beat up the manufacturers and then blame them for not meeting specifications.
    The horse meat incident was their unchecked specifications too.

My little boy has the hibiscus ones and after swimming we found that the mesh lining tangled around his boy parts causing him distress and injury

My son has these shorts, we had a nasty incident with them that caused his little boys bits getting caught in the netting, cut all the netting out straight away, pleased to see Asda have recalled them, they are completely unsuitable for little one's.

Original Poster SuperEd

splender

Not surprised with these supermarkets, they JUST do specifications and … Not surprised with these supermarkets, they JUST do specifications and insufficient quality check to their OWN specification, namely, a lack of MEN/WOMEN deployed to test for compliance with their own specifications. They let the customers do the quality control and then they go to beat up the manufacturers and then blame them for not meeting specifications..The horse meat incident was their unchecked specifications too.

Going by the latest comments seems to be the same issues!

Original Poster SuperEd

Rymelew28

My little boy has the hibiscus ones and after swimming we found that the … My little boy has the hibiscus ones and after swimming we found that the mesh lining tangled around his boy parts causing him distress and injury

ah no

nicola2430

My son has these shorts, we had a nasty incident with them that caused … My son has these shorts, we had a nasty incident with them that caused his little boys bits getting caught in the netting, cut all the netting out straight away, pleased to see Asda have recalled them, they are completely unsuitable for little one's.

Looks like least not you/son with the same issues, hopefully it'll save another child/parent going through the same problem

Just took mine to local asda and had a full refund

My son has the skull ones really glad we didn't use these ones after reading this and stuck to his Spiderman and minion short's

We always cut out the mesh. Have heard the horror stories before. Don't know why they still make them with it in!

I returned 2 pairs & only received £1:50 as she said that's what they had gone down to in the sale

Banned

Tibklol

I returned 2 pairs & only received £1:50 as she said that's what they had … I returned 2 pairs & only received £1:50 as she said that's what they had gone down to in the sale

The woman that you dealt with needs a lesson in CS. Phone Asda head office and state you do not expect to be out of pocket on a product recall of any nature especially one that could have injured your child. Receipt or no receipt, Asda are dealing with a damage limitation issue here not a cost saving exercise.

My son has these and got his bits caught on holiday and was screaming with pain. I have sent asda a letter and I will be going in to complain when I get back from holidays as my son is now scared for life and is refusing to wear netted shorts as he is scared. It's has cuts his little bits and made them swell up and asda don't seem to be doing a lot about recalling them considering the damage they are causing kids already!!! Someone is going to end up badly hurt and maybe then it will be taken seriously!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31149
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2131
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764284
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…55

See more discussions