ASDA Christmas Savings Card - What is it and how does it work?

Found 6th Aug
3005837.jpg
Although it feels like a lifetime away, Christmas shopping time will be coming around once more and it can be an extremely costly time of year for a lot of families. To stay ahead of the game, a good idea is to start saving your pennies now and to help with this ASDA have launched their Christmas savings card. We’ll take a look at how the rewards card works, what savings you can make and how to apply.

How does the card work?
Essentially, the card acts like a rewards card but instead of getting rewarded for spending money in store, you get a cash bonus for saving money on your card.

How can I apply for the ASDA Christmas Savings Card?
You will first need to pick up a savings card in-store, it is completely free of charge. ASDA recommend that you register the card with them. This protects any money you’ve saved on the card should you lose it or if it’s stolen, in which case ASDA will replace it free of charge (it is optional to register it though.)

How do I add money to my card?
Once you have your card, you can add funds to it at any ASDA checkout or customer service desk.

How much money do I need to put on the card and how often?
This is completely up to you! There isn’t a minimum payment scheme so you can apply funds to the card whenever you want. A nice idea, if you already do a weekly or fortnightly shop in ASDA, is to add a set amount each time, so you can keep track of how much you are likely to have saved near Christmas time. This way it will only seem like you’ve spent slightly more on your shopping each time, yet the money will be there for you to use later.

What rewards do I get for saving on my card?
The cash bonuses are based on how much you save on the card. Here are the amounts you need to hit in order to qualify for your bonus:

• Save £49 and get a £1 bonus
  • Save £97 and get a £3 bonus
  • Save £144 and get a £6 bonus

When do I get the cash bonus?
Whatever total is on the card by 5pm on Sunday 18 November 2018 will be the amount used to calculate your bonus. The bonus will then be applied to your card by 8am on Monday the 19 of November 2018. Then you can start spending!

How can I check the balance on my card?
By taking your card to any customer service desk in-store or by clicking here to check your balance online. Also, everytime you add funds or spend money on your card you will be given a till receipt with the amount you deposited or redeemed on it.

What is the total amount I can save on one card?
The total amount you can save on one card is £144. However, if you are wanting to save more than that, is that you can get as many Christmas Savings Cards as you like. Once you have filled up one card and qualify for the full bonus of £6, just grab another card and start saving again!

Can I use my card to buy anything at ASDA?
Your Christmas Savings Card can be used as full or part-payment for anything in ASDA. The only exclusions are: petrol station purchases, lottery tickets and scratch cards, or in-store concessions.

Can I use my card at ASDA online?
No, currently it can only be used for in-store shopping.

I’ve not spent all of the balance on my card, how long do I have to spend it?
If you haven’t spent the full balance on your card at Christmas time, don’t worry. Your card remains valid for 2 years after the last transaction, but after this time any money left on your card will be lost.

ASDA also have credit card with cashback available every time you shop.
(Thanks @writergirl74 )

Check out the latest offers available at ASDA here.
Community Updates
MiscSupermarket
1 Comment
Did asda pay for this advertisement?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants