Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

ASDA click and collect

Posted 4th Apr
I’m looking to do a click and collect order with Asda but have never done this before, might seem like a stupid question but can anyone tell me what happens? Do I just drive over during my allocated hourly slot into a “click and collect” bay? Do they bring the shopping out for me or will I still have to go into the store to tell them I’ve arrived? Can’t get a delivery slot so this is the next best thing but don’t want to come into contact with people unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance. Stay well.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
You need to go in store , kiss everybody on the lips and say wheres my order
11 Comments
Think it depends on the size of the store small ones you go into and collect from service desk .if like Tesco larger ones have click and collect in car park
Depends on the store. I've done it at 4 stores and it's all different.

1 you call and they bring it out to parking lot.
2. You go to bay scan thr code and they bring it out to the bay
3. You park in the bay and then scan it and the lockers open.
4. You go in store with you code and they bring it down for you (in this instance I advise taking a trolley)
anthea04/04/2020 14:12

Think it depends on the size of the store small ones you go into and …Think it depends on the size of the store small ones you go into and collect from service desk .if like Tesco larger ones have click and collect in car park

Thank you it’s a big store and online says they have an external collection point but how will they know when I arrive? Kind of hoping I could just stay in the car and let them put the stuff in the boot (to distance ourselves) but is that how it works?
lynne19204/04/2020 14:21

Depends on the store. I've done it at 4 stores and it's all different.1 …Depends on the store. I've done it at 4 stores and it's all different.1 you call and they bring it out to parking lot.2. You go to bay scan thr code and they bring it out to the bay3. You park in the bay and then scan it and the lockers open. 4. You go in store with you code and they bring it down for you (in this instance I advise taking a trolley)

Thank you, it says online it has an external click and collect so I imagine you park in the bay
Sounds like it
Edited by: "lynne192" 4th Apr
You need to go in store , kiss everybody on the lips and say wheres my order
There’s a feature on the Asda App that you select when you are En-route/setting off that tracks your location so it should know when you pull into the collection bay and will alert staff in store you’ve arrived and update the app. We always do that and our shopping usually appears after a few mins. Our Asda is a big superstore so don’t know if it’s applicable on all stores
Most likely go to the drive thru bay, put your code onto the pad, wait, and you will probably have to get out and open the boot, they'll just bring it on crates. Whether they will put it in your boot, or not, is another story. Also, have you secured a slot? Check that first.
It must be different for different Asda’s. At my local store you drive to the lockers and park in a click and collect designated space. Then go to the screen at the lockers and enter the code or scan the QR code from your confirmation email and then it’ll open the locker doors one by one - it’ll tell you which number locker is opening and you’ll hear it unlock. Then you take your shopping bags out of that locker, close the door (make sure it’s properly shut) and the next locker door opens (if you’re unsure which number it’ll tell you on the screen). If any of the locker doors shut midway through taking your shopping out at the end it’ll give you the option to reopen any of the locker doors so don’t panic. Then once you’re done just press finish and off you go. Good luck
Don't forget to take your own bags as they won't supply any
My local asda stores are 'out of stock' for delivery and c&c for the next 7 days, have been fully booked for the last week of me checking. Both my local Asda stores have locker boxes and drive in sections. Hardly ever seen them being used though. Shame I thought I'd somehow manage to skip the queues but others have the same idea lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions