ASDA, click & collect waiting times

Posted 4th Nov
What is your experience in ASDA waiting for collection of item ordered online?

My ticket printed at 21:17, there's barely any customers, staff is chatting or playing ball, cust serv knows I'm waiting, yet I'm waiting almost 30 min.

Sitting quietly, wanna see where it takes me.
Community Updates

Groups

10 Comments
I once turned up at c&c area between 8:05-8:10pm. Waited 10mins after ticket printed, then visted the store's CS desk to be told that c&c finishes at 8pm, although CS didn't know where the signage was that informed customers of this. Visited again next evening prior to 8pm, only to be told my item had been collected the previous day, resulting in minor hassle and frustration to explain a previously printed ticket did not necessarily mean the item had been picked and handed to the c&c customer.
Generally poor experience, but other occasions (all prior to 8pm) no issue.
AndyRoyd04/11/2019 21:55

I once turned up at c&c area between 8:05-8:10pm. Waited 10mins after …I once turned up at c&c area between 8:05-8:10pm. Waited 10mins after ticket printed, then visted the store's CS desk to be told that c&c finishes at 8pm, although CS didn't know where the signage was that informed customers of this. Visited again next evening prior to 8pm, only to be told my item had been collected the previous day, resulting in minor hassle and frustration to explain a previously printed ticket did not necessarily mean the item had been picked and handed to the c&c customer.Generally poor experience, but other occasions (all prior to 8pm) no issue.

Informative.

I decided to check the shelf. I found it and went to buy asking to cancel the online order.
Only then cs made a call and it appeared.

I was said it's faster to return in store purchase then c&c so I did that.

Whenever I would nap at work I would make sure there's backup, someone didn't follow golden rule.
Very slow process to pickup. Also quite annoying pickup is not 24/7 despite many stores being open 24/7. They should have automated lockers like Amazon to collect orders instead of the complicated system they have now.
Edited by: "jamie15" 4th Nov
jamie1504/11/2019 22:37

Very slow process to pickup. Also quite annoying pickup is not 24/7 …Very slow process to pickup. Also quite annoying pickup is not 24/7 despite many stores being open 24/7. They should have automated lockers like Amazon to collect orders instead of the complicated system they have now.

Good call.
veni_vidi_emere04/11/2019 22:08

Informative.I decided to check the shelf. I found it and went to buy …Informative.I decided to check the shelf. I found it and went to buy asking to cancel the online order.Only then cs made a call and it appeared.I was said it's faster to return in store purchase then c&c so I did that...

One advantage with c&c rather than an in-store purchase is that the contract to purchase is "formed" (or whatever legal jargon is accurate) at a distance so the customer can benefit from off-premises legislation provided by CCR 2013, which is essentially the right for the customer to assess the product for up to 14days from receipt then optionally notify return for any reason for full refund, assuming the product is in a re-saleable condition otherwise refund deduction(s) may be applied. This has more protective clout than any gesture-of-goodwill return policy volunteered by the store.
Do find Asda Pick Up service slow thou have never waited 30 minutes.
The thing is you tap your number into the screen , get your ticket and wait, with no idea whats going on, whether someone has picked up the information in the warehouse or not
Needs re-engineering, the current process design is awful.
jamie1504/11/2019 22:37

Very slow process to pickup. Also quite annoying pickup is not 24/7 …Very slow process to pickup. Also quite annoying pickup is not 24/7 despite many stores being open 24/7. They should have automated lockers like Amazon to collect orders instead of the complicated system they have now.

For food shopping? One of the Asdas in Dundee has lockers for click and collect food collections. You drive up, type your number in or scan the code, and it then opens up the different lockers depending on whether it's chilled, frozen, normal shelf items.

You're still limited to your 2 hour slots or whatever.

If not food shopping, then yes, enter code and wait.
Very slow, experienced the same in belfast
alg05/11/2019 11:20

For food shopping? One of the Asdas in Dundee has lockers for click and …For food shopping? One of the Asdas in Dundee has lockers for click and collect food collections. You drive up, type your number in or scan the code, and it then opens up the different lockers depending on whether it's chilled, frozen, normal shelf items.You're still limited to your 2 hour slots or whatever.If not food shopping, then yes, enter code and wait.

For all collections. Food shopping through lockers is more challenging than standard collection of non foods. If they have the technology for one, they can certainly do the other. Forcing people to take a ticket and wait is not sensible when they have the technology available to them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants