Asda Colleagues "20% Discount Event" 11th Nov - 22nd Nov 2016

39 replies
Found 10th Nov 2016
From Friday 11th November until Tuesday 22nd November 2016, Asda Colleagues will get "20% OFF" throughout stores using their Discount Cards.

Just letting anybody know who might not have been reminded yet.

Try not to give them too much of your wages back

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
39 Comments

Banned

I'm sure every ASDA worker knows about this and spend their entire shift going ''ohhh look jane your little tess would like that''

''yeah will get it when we get the 20% discount jan hun''

''ohh yeah be a bargain then hun''

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

I'm sure every ASDA worker knows about this and spend their entire shift … I'm sure every ASDA worker knows about this and spend their entire shift going ''ohhh look jane your little tess would like that'' ''yeah will get it when we get the 20% discount jan hun''''ohh yeah be a bargain then hun''

​I don't get a chance to do much browsing myself while I'm in work haha, can't even look at the time on my phone without getting moaned at, but I know some people have it much easier than I do on my shift, struggling to think what would be worth buying for 20% off tbh mate other than a PS4 Pro, but I don't even have a 4k TV to make use of one. Still tempted though (_;)

Banned

prynolfc

​I don't get a chance to do much browsing myself while I'm in work haha, c … ​I don't get a chance to do much browsing myself while I'm in work haha, can't even look at the time on my phone without getting moaned at, but I know some people have it much easier than I do on my shift, struggling to think what would be worth buying for 20% off tbh mate other than a PS4 Pro, but I don't even have a 4k TV to make use of one. Still tempted though (_;)

Well you can get some Christmas presents at least

Take it you work days? Night shift they keep mentioning this double discount. There's them stupid stand up leaflet things in the canteen telling you what you can and can't buy. I've got myself a PS4 Pro, £280 bargain

Original Poster

Might get some socks for my Dad actually, good idea X)

Original Poster

Toon_army

Take it you work days? Night shift they keep mentioning this double … Take it you work days? Night shift they keep mentioning this double discount. There's them stupid stand up leaflet things in the canteen telling you what you can and can't buy. I've got myself a PS4 Pro, £280 bargain

​No I work Twilight/Sometimes nights, I'm surprised they didn't exclude the Consoles from the discount, since the PS4 Pro is literally BRAND NEW

whats the online discount code please?

salaf

whats the online discount code please?

ASDA....but then you need their walmart number.

Asda must love employees spending their little wage back into the store. Bumps up the numbers.

Saying that iv been asda last night and seen 2 things 1 for my daughter and a rc car for myself

can someone explain to me how this works my sister has just started in asda last month and hasn't heard of this.

Original Poster

Not sure if there is a "discount code" I think you have to either buy your stuff in-store with your colleague discount card or as soltakr said you need Walmart/colleague number or something if you want the discount online, I just do it in-store to make sure I get the proper discount.

Original Poster

cookiedoo54

can someone explain to me how this works my sister has just started in … can someone explain to me how this works my sister has just started in asda last month and hasn't heard of this.

​As far as I remember, you have to be working in Asda for a certain amount of time before they give the "discount card" to you, so she may not have been working there long enough.

cookiedoo54

can someone explain to me how this works my sister has just started in … can someone explain to me how this works my sister has just started in asda last month and hasn't heard of this.

You need to pass the probation period of 3 months before you get a discount card. That's how it was when I worked there 6 years ago.

oh right..thanks prynolfc and krazie2004

Original Poster

soltakr

ASDA....but then you need their walmart number.Asda must love employees … ASDA....but then you need their walmart number.Asda must love employees spending their little wage back into the store. Bumps up the numbers.Saying that iv been asda last night and seen 2 things 1 for my daughter and a rc car for myself

​Haha thats why I'm kind of reluctant to soend too much on this discount event, but my brother is interested in a PS4 Pro, and with the discount added, it seems like a waaaayyy better price than any other retailers are offering. Nowhere else has been cheaper than RRP so far for pre-orders

Toon_army

Take it you work days? Night shift they keep mentioning this double … Take it you work days? Night shift they keep mentioning this double discount. There's them stupid stand up leaflet things in the canteen telling you what you can and can't buy. I've got myself a PS4 Pro, £280 bargain

cookiedoo54

They only introduced consoles the other year, they were always excluded. All food is now on which it never used to be, ASDA must of been doing well lol.

She can get 10% not 20% her manager should of given her a letter for this, just tell her to ask.

Original Poster

Toon_army

​280 for the pro is a very good price, thats why i'm tempted to get one, but my TV is only a 720p so I'd have to invest in a HDR tele aswell, and they are very expensive

soltakr

ASDA....but then you need their walmart number.Asda must love employees … ASDA....but then you need their walmart number.Asda must love employees spending their little wage back into the store. Bumps up the numbers.Saying that iv been asda last night and seen 2 things 1 for my daughter and a rc car for myself

think there's a seperate online discount code for the 20%,

Edited by: "salaf" 10th Nov 2016

salaf

think there's a seperate online discount code for the 20%,

No it's the same and it automatically takes 20% off think I have my card saved so it does this automatically now but tbh there's not much I'm interested in online so in store is better. They should never have got rid of DVDs CDs games etc

prometheus24

No it's the same and it automatically takes 20% off think I have my card … No it's the same and it automatically takes 20% off think I have my card saved so it does this automatically now but tbh there's not much I'm interested in online so in store is better. They should never have got rid of DVDs CDs games etc

​cheeRs. and tablets. wanted an iPad this time.

Its a rip off anyway, used to work there. 5 weeks before the event they have 20x fosters for £10 (£9 with discount) DDiscount event they put the price up to £12 (£9.60) with 20%

Original Poster

aarontufft

Its a rip off anyway, used to work there. 5 weeks before the event they … Its a rip off anyway, used to work there. 5 weeks before the event they have 20x fosters for £10 (£9 with discount) DDiscount event they put the price up to £12 (£9.60) with 20%

​Happens in most places, Joke mate, but for certain things it is worth it for example, getting the PS4 Pro for £280 the day after release instead of £350 is well worth it.

cookiedoo54

"​All colleagues irrespective of length of service are eligible to participate in this event" -Mentioned on the double discount leaflet.
She will need to get a letter from Personnel.

Original Poster

Ruksie

"​All colleagues irrespective of length of service are eligible to p … "​All colleagues irrespective of length of service are eligible to participate in this event" -Mentioned on the double discount leaflet.She will need to get a letter from Personnel.

​I've seen that too, so make sure she knows she should be entitled to it

Original Poster

cookiedoo54

​^ ^ ^ ^ ^

cookiedoo54

My husband works at one of the depos, his newsletter stated even new staff were receiving the discount so could be worth her asking someone at her store

can you receive 20% discount for xmas if you are retired from asda after 20 years service

Original Poster

mfenwick

can you receive 20% discount for xmas if you are retired from asda after … can you receive 20% discount for xmas if you are retired from asda after 20 years service

no idea sorry

Does anyone have a leaflet or anything they could post a pic of for this event? My husband works at Asda & usually receives one but this year no one at his store has received any info other than the day it started and that it's on for 10 days, meaning it would finish today? Thanks
Edited by: "LindsG" 20th Nov 2016

Banned

LindsG

Does anyone have a leaflet or anything they could post a pic of for this … Does anyone have a leaflet or anything they could post a pic of for this event? My husband works at Asda & usually receives one but this year no one at his store has received any info other than the day it started and that it's on for 10 days, meaning it would finish today? Thanks

Possibly one of the funniest things I have read for a while if it turns out to be the case. X)

Original Poster

LindsG

Does anyone have a leaflet or anything they could post a pic of for this … Does anyone have a leaflet or anything they could post a pic of for this event? My husband works at Asda & usually receives one but this year no one at his store has received any info other than the day it started and that it's on for 10 days, meaning it would finish today? Thanks

It's on until the 22nd

cookiedoo54

cookiedoo54

Not sure if this has been answered yet but tell her to go ask her section leaders/personnel in her store who will give her a letter that she can use at the checkout , there are two cards for us to use , one for discount cards and one for new starters so yes double discount is available to all regardless of time spent there

Are there any plans for double discount in December as there was last year

Mickdj50

Are there any plans for double discount in December as there was last year

​i was gonna ask that, I'm on maternity leave so I'm not gonna hear of it as my work

Are they going to be doing one again this month am sure they done it last year.

I think it starts tomorrow

The cashier in our local store said it's only on for two days this month.

Edit: The days she told us it's on are Tues 13th & Wed 14th Dec.
Edited by: "LindsG" 9th Dec 2016

Does anyone know when the double discount days are for 2017? And are there usually any around jan/Feb?

Thanks

Can you advise when staff double discount is taking place in 2017

Original Poster

Noy heard anything in my store, If I find out any news i'll post it here...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50428
    2. Win the Diono Quantum travel system, worth £500 @ Netmums11
    3. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201755
    4. Win free gin for a year88

See more discussions