Posted 16 December 2020

Asda- create your own pizza

The chap at counter had run out of the base I wanted, but said the cling film wrapped ones shelved just there were exactly the same...it was the most vile pizza ever. Tasteless topping, and cardboard like texture.

Has anyone had a better experience with create your own?!
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    nintendofan1016/12/2020 06:20

We tried to order a create your own pizza a few weekends ago and I was …We tried to order a create your own pizza a few weekends ago and I was gobsmacked when the lady said it would be 50 minutes to an hour for her to make! I just walked away laughing. Didn’t even say anything to the lady, yeah I was rude but an hour to make a pizza! No thank you.

She might of been taking orders as she had another 30 orders to complete, before getting to yours. Not the lady’s fault, I bet she felt good with you laughing at her well.
    deleted192272216/12/2020 06:35

The ones on the shelf’s are the same as the ones from the counter, but we s …The ones on the shelf’s are the same as the ones from the counter, but we stopped buying Asda pizza a long time ago the quality went down hill. Even tried a few different Asda’s

For some odd reason the smaller 65p pizzas taste far better than the bigger sized pizzas in my experience. I make sure that I preheat the oven to max with the tray inside, then place the pizza on the tray and cook for about 7 minutes, turn the pizza tray 180 degrees angle then cook until the crust is brown.

Honestly, although I like Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns pizzas, the fact that Asda (and other pizzas like Tesco and Morrisons etc) can be made at home so well and at such a low price, I barely bother with the chains unless there’s a party at my house (and others chip in with the cost). (edited)
    I had their extra special £1.50 pizza last week, tasted just like a £1.50 pizza would taste
    We tried to order a create your own pizza a few weekends ago and I was gobsmacked when the lady said it would be 50 minutes to an hour for her to make!

I just walked away laughing. Didn’t even say anything to the lady, yeah I was rude but an hour to make a pizza! No thank you.
    The ones on the shelf’s are the same as the ones from the counter, but we stopped buying Asda pizza a long time ago the quality went down hill. Even tried a few different Asda’s
    I use to get Asdaones but the taste of the base has changed a lot. Sansburys ones are really nice thou
    deleted221565716/12/2020 08:13

Honestly, although I like Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns pizzas, the fact t …Honestly, although I like Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns pizzas, the fact that Asda (and other pizzas like Tesco and Morrisons etc) can be made at home so well and at such a low price, I barely bother with the chains unless there’s a party at my house (and others chip in with the cost).

Not everyone has your range to choose from - my nearest pizza chain is 15 miles away, and the only supermarket that does in-store pizzas is Asda. Our Tesco doesn't make them in store.

Having said that, the local pizza place does really good pizzas, and the prices aren't extortionate.
    Asda's frozen Stonebaked spicy meat feast for £1.08 do it for me!
    deleted221565716/12/2020 08:13

For some odd reason the smaller 65p pizzas taste far better than the bigger …For some odd reason the smaller 65p pizzas taste far better than the bigger sized pizzas in my experience. I make sure that I preheat the oven to max with the tray inside, then place the pizza on the tray and cook for about 7 minutes, turn the pizza tray 180 degrees angle then cook until the crust is brown. Honestly, although I like Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns pizzas, the fact that Asda (and other pizzas like Tesco and Morrisons etc) can be made at home so well and at such a low price, I barely bother with the chains unless there’s a party at my house (and others chip in with the cost).

I liked the homemade Tesco pizzas always loads of toppings. But they took the counter out..
    I actually like the asda fresh pizzas.
    But I think the best is to make at home using tesco ready rolled pizza dough and tesco tomato and herb topper. Along with topping of choice. Its a really tangy tasty sauce. It is rectangular tho, so can be a bit awkward
    Can you still get your pizza cooked for about £1
's avatar