EXPIRED

asda faulty freeview box but no receipt

Banned
i know its under a year as post here hotukdeals.com/ite…=47

but walked out of shop without a receipt, now its stopped working, are asda any good on this sort of thing or will they demand a receipt?

18 Comments

Original Poster Banned

my post, so know its under 12 months, just - lol

hotukdeals.com/ite…=47

normally ok,worth a try,worst they can do is say no

does the current faulty box still look"new"

Original Poster Banned

dont want to make a special journey for them to say get lost, may give them a ring, its been fine up till now, and its just a blank black screen

Did you pay with card sassie? if so take a copy of the statment with the item and they should be ok about it.

Original Poster Banned

BlondeBella;5312826

Did you pay with card sassie? if so take a copy of the statment with the … Did you pay with card sassie? if so take a copy of the statment with the item and they should be ok about it.

no very unusual but i paid cash as it was only £10

Original Poster Banned

no reset button on it or anything, tried unplugging everything, but still just black screen

i had a faulty freeview box from asda, so did a mate! asda are normally good at changing stuff without reciept. anyway its law to get refund if its a manufacturing fault.

I work for asda-they will change it no problem at all-without a receipt they may or may not give you a refund(probably not) but a replacement will be ok-its company policy now.

Original Poster Banned

barky;5312869

I work for asda-they will change it no problem at all-without a receipt … I work for asda-they will change it no problem at all-without a receipt they may or may not give you a refund(probably not) but a replacement will be ok-its company policy now.

thansk barky, i very much doubt they even do this box now, will they replace with whatever they have and i will have to pay the difference? not sure how they will know what to refund me, i suppose the cheapest it was sold at, if it was ever sold cheaper than £10 aint worth me bothering with - lol

it is duraband CG5660-M

Banned

donnaraine;5312842

i had a faulty freeview box from asda, so did a mate! asda are normally … i had a faulty freeview box from asda, so did a mate! asda are normally good at changing stuff without reciept. anyway its law to get refund if its a manufacturing fault.

Eh? Are you saying they have to give a refund for something thats faulty after nearly a year?

guv;5312886

Eh? Are you saying they have to give a refund for something thats faulty … Eh? Are you saying they have to give a refund for something thats faulty after nearly a year?

its still in warranty so yes, and its a manufacturing fault

sassie;5312882

thansk barky, i very much doubt they even do this box now, will they … thansk barky, i very much doubt they even do this box now, will they replace with whatever they have and i will have to pay the difference? not sure how they will know what to refund me, i suppose the cheapest it was sold at, if it was ever sold cheaper than £10 aint worth me bothering with - lolit is duraband CG5660-M

customer services have a folder called a "returns list"-this lists barcode and model numbers of everything we sold in last 5 years so they can process replacements even if its no longer stocked.

without receipt yes they will base the price on last known selling price.

if memory serves me correctly the durabrand one was done at ten quid on a coupla promo weekends altho it may not have been that model number.

Original Poster Banned

barky;5312950

customer services have a folder called a "returns list"-this lists … customer services have a folder called a "returns list"-this lists barcode and model numbers of everything we sold in last 5 years so they can process replacements even if its no longer stocked.without receipt yes they will base the price on last known selling price.if memory serves me correctly the durabrand one was done at ten quid on a coupla promo weekends altho it may not have been that model number.

yes it was the one i got for £10, i know its only £10 but its £10 off replacing it :oops:

Original Poster Banned

expired, the triple scart thing she got pugged in at the back of tv had come out, the doughnut, thank for all your replys x

Banned

donnaraine;5312888

its still in warranty so yes, and its a manufacturing fault

Which means its under warrenty for repair. Things go wrong - why are you claiming its a manufacturing fault? Have you examined it? Did you make sure Sassie had the Scarts sockets plugged in and there was nothing wrong at all?

Original Poster Banned

guv;5313338

Which means its under warrenty for repair. Things go wrong - why are you … Which means its under warrenty for repair. Things go wrong - why are you claiming its a manufacturing fault? Have you examined it? Did you make sure Sassie had the Scarts sockets plugged in and there was nothing wrong at all?

its my fault, i never thought of checking the scarts as its hard to get to back of her tv, thankfully i did before heading down to asda :w00t:

Banned

sassie;5313372

its my fault, i never thought of checking the scarts as its hard to get … its my fault, i never thought of checking the scarts as its hard to get to back of her tv, thankfully i did before heading down to asda :w00t:

Indeed - and demanding a refund for a manufacturing fault!!!!! (As was suggested!)

Original Poster Banned

guv;5313410

Indeed - and demanding a refund for a manufacturing fault!!!!! (As was … Indeed - and demanding a refund for a manufacturing fault!!!!! (As was suggested!)

i wasnt demanding a refund, was hoping for am exchange or £10 towards another, thankfully i dd check everything before going, and even with a receipt you cant demand a refund, and exchange yes, a refund no
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
    2. word association Game74044544
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
    4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions