asda groceries

Found 2nd May 2015
ive been trying to order my food shop from asda since last night, everytime i try to add something to my basket it says "sorry we are having a technical hiccup" i rung asda and asked the woman who told me there is no issue...am i going crazy or is their website down???

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskGroceries
13 Comments
Are you using Google Chrome? We've not had issues but try a different Web browser. AA drivetech site and a few others aren't fully compatible with anything other than IE.
Try clearing your cookies.
Original Poster
ive tried the app, internet explorer and chrome
May I ask what asda are like for home shopping?

From what I've heard they turn up with lots of substitutes, sometimes with items nothing like what you've ordered.
Original Poster
ive only ever had one problem, i ordered a £3 jake dvd which they substituted with a dinosaur one, that was fine and then i realised it had the security thing through the disc so i rung up and the man i spoke to apologised and had a jake dvd boxset worth £10 delivered within 20 minutes, i think it depends on what you order but most supermarkets that deliver will normally have to substitute something although you can request no substitutions, saying this i have started using tesco a bit more as they state when the deals start and finish
Good luck with that.
Is this your first order or have you ordered many times before, do you have a delivery pass?

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, my delivery pass renewed 5th April - almost cancelled it but noticed it was now £8 a month instead of £5 so kept it going. Placed an order 6th for the 7th. Tried to book a slot on the 9th April for Saturday 10th and I kept getting the technical error. I was able to create a new account and log in fine. I could also use my partners account.
Didnt matter what device or browser I used or how many times I cleared cookies/cache etc my partners old account worked fine (got a free delivery voucher on her account for a one off delivery while Asda fixed the problem). But as soon as I logged into my account, technical errors. And I also used app, Chrome, Firefox and even IE and my partners devices.
After 3 weeks they still hadnt solved it and I was getting no where, one advisor at the 2 week point said I may have to create a new account if they couldnt fix it. Come 3 weeks I was sick and was told it'd be passed onto the technical team again but, as soon as I asked for a refund on my delivery pass, that was it, the issue wasnt going to be pursued any more. I tried logging into my account the other day to be told it was suspended but, I did get a refund on the delivery pass.
I hope Asda can get it sorted for you but, it seems they don't know why this is happening, or how to fix it. And the only reason I mention delivery pass is because I find it "convenient" that it happened then and still wonder if that played a part in my account becoming corrupt as it were. I've managed to log into my new account fine just now.
Original Poster
ive just set up a new account with them and it works so i don't know why the old one wont i use it at least onve every few months, oh no i hope they refund you the delivery pass, i know its not a lot but you shouldn't have to pay for something you cant use
Original Poster
sorry just re read and saw they have refunded the pasd
ProudMummy11

ive just set up a new account with them and it works so i don't know why … ive just set up a new account with them and it works so i don't know why the old one wont i use it at least onve every few months, oh no i hope they refund you the delivery pass, i know its not a lot but you shouldn't have to pay for something you cant use

If a new account works then yeah, sounds like the same problem I had. Less if a headache to create a new account as Asda like I say, don't seem to know how to fix it. My only issue with having created a new account is that I've lost all my favourites but, items had a habit of disappearing anyway. So just have to add stuff to the basket as I think about it, or write it down somewhere so I remember. Realised yesterday we needed disinfectant but cos I didn't see it when I made the order I forgot about it.
Original Poster
i had that same problem with mine, just little things you tend to forget about but when the favourites are there it reminds you
Original Poster
i dont know how to mark this as answered??
ProudMummy11

i dont know how to mark this as answered??

If you click on one of the comments it'll bring up a list next to the comment number saying Mark As Best Answer, Reply, Report, Ignore.
RawTr1cks

May I ask what asda are like for home shopping? From what I've heard they … May I ask what asda are like for home shopping? From what I've heard they turn up with lots of substitutes, sometimes with items nothing like what you've ordered.

They are awful when I tried them. Barely ever managed to deliver more than 90% of items ordered and their substitutions were bizarre. Website is terrible too. Tesco site is far more user friendly / easier to spot bargains etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions