Groups
    EXPIRED

ASDA home grocery delivery 3 hours late (and counting) and been fobbed off loads of times. What is their late delivery policy?

Asda were supposed to deliver an order between 10am and 12pm. We received a call at 11.15am from a driver saying they were running 30 minutes late and they would be with us asap. Nothing came, no phone calls so at 1.30pm we called up asking where it was and a lady said the van was just being loaded which was bizzare seeeing as the van was supposed to be on it's way 2 hours earlier. At 2.30pm, we phoned again, only to be put through to delivery dept and be cut off, twice. Finally just now after calling agaib, a guy said he has no idea where the van is, it's gone off radar and no idea when or if we will get our delivery.
    Jeez, not good customer services.
    Anyone any idea what their late delivery policy is? We were supposed to be at a BBQ today for lunch and pretty much missed it now, and we were supposed to be bringing the booze (care of asda)!

18 Comments

Hiya
    This has happended to me twice and if you complain they refund your delivery charge - the only problem mine was mine was free anyway from a code from this site!!
    Mine was three hours late and I was waiting on stuff for our Sunday luch so I was less than pleased.
    In the end I range their head office but they were less than helpful - I found like you their customer service skills to be nil.
    When the driver finally came he was soooooooo nice I let him off (ok he was young and good looking).

Hope he comes soon for you!

Original Poster

I hope my delivery guy is young and good looking, there are NO young hansome guys around where I live.
    Yeah, I got a free delivery code too, so not sure where that leaves me.
    Tesco and Ocado have always been amazing, the asda store is less than 6 months old and I thought it would be good. Oh no, I was so wrong! My mum is seething, I hope they offer her something to appease her or else it'll never be asda again for us. This order is well over £100 so you'd think they'd make a vague effort.

Big thank you, rep added for you kind, helpful and relevent comments.

I have used ASDA a number of times and never had a problem. I guess it depends on which store serves you

I have never had a problem with Asda, so guess it depends on the store. The one small prob i had with them is they forgot to deliver frozen stuff to me and delivered it to someone else, but they rang me up and said it would be brought out ASAP and within an hour the van come back 7-8miles to bring it back with several apologies.

I know sainsburys give you 1 hr delivery slot and if they are even 1 min late you get a £10 voucher for your next shop with them.

I have not had good experiences with ASDA, and their customer services is awful. The only thing they will offer is free delivery on your next order.

Call them again and say its just not good enough and you want to speak to their manager. Explain that you havent even been called, had to chase it up a few times with you paying for the phone calls, and you have missed the barbeque and were supposed to be bringing the booze.

Original Poster

On phone now, feel like they're playing the children's game 'hot potato' with me!

I would be soooo tempted to not answer the door when it arrives and see what they do then!
    I know it would be of more inconvenience to you, but if they then rang, you could just say that in the time you had waited you had been able to get to tesco, do your shopping, put it away & go out for a few beers!

(probably wouldn't follow that one through in the end, but in my head it sounded good and would serve them right) Presume they have broken their part of the contract, but not sure where you stand on that. Any legal begals out there???:p

If you didnt need the stuff in the order (e.g. if it was mainly the booze for the bbq which is now over) then I would advice you to answer the door and refuse the delivery. However with it being £100 I assume it is weekly shopping, which you will obviously need, and you have been waiting in for hours for

Original Poster

The van, apparantly, broke down and the driver did not have his phone on him. Delivery now at 6pm. I was offered free delivery - told him I already had that, so I was offered £10 off the order. Not great, but shows they're vaguely trying to apologise I guess. Actually, the guy I finally got through to, who knew what he was doing and what he was talking about, was pretty helpful and understood my irritation. Still, Ocado or Tesco next time...unless Asda have a deal on something I can't resist, like the £5 for case a of stella which swayed me this time.

Original Poster

It was a massive basics shop like bleach, ariel, fairy, household stuff, plus (a lot of) booze for the BBQ - all for us now I guess! -, pantry filler shop and weekly shop all rolled into one. If it wasn't so big I'd think about not answering, though the thought I'd have to go and order all this elsewhere and wait in another day fills me with dread, nor do I have any desire to do it all myself in the half term, bank holiday supermarket heaving with people.
    If they end up not having a lot of the stuff I ordered and they didn't tell me, I will be SO angry.

Though, it's a lovely day outside. I may have missed my friend's BBQ, but it gives me an excuse to do one for everyone else soon and I might as well enjoy the sunshine now I don't have to stay inside waiting for the phone to ring. Long may this warm, sunny weather last I say.

Hope they haven't had your shopping in the van all day!

Original Poster

They didn't deliver the booze I ordered (Not a happy customer, the manager should have blooming well told me on one of the numerous conversations I had with him!), apparantly they do not stock that specific item in the store. Bit rubbish really. The driver was lovely, very polite and couldn't fault him one bit.

who cairs what your delivery guy looks like as long as you get your food??thes some desperate woman out there lol!!!

ronrft

who cairs what your delivery guy looks like as long as you get your … who cairs what your delivery guy looks like as long as you get your food??thes some desperate woman out there lol!!!

and ur bringing up a 2 year old thread because ?

ronrft

who cairs what your delivery guy looks like as long as you get your … who cairs what your delivery guy looks like as long as you get your food??thes some desperate woman out there lol!!!

lol at the newbie digging up an old thread! Why do they all do it?!

Shop with Tesco........simples.

ronrft

hai multi

Hi tracey60, have you phoned them?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions