Asda Little Angels Newborn nappies withdrawn from sale as precaution as newborn baby suffers blisters

Editor 18
Found 25th Jul 2017
Asda have taken all their own brand Newborn Little Angels nappies off their shelves as a precaution as a 3 week old baby has suffered bad blisters due to him using Little Angels Nappies. Asda are doing tests on their nappies but in the meantime there is no official recall but Asda have said if you have any and want to return them that you can and you will be given a full refund.

The little boy had used them for 3 weeks with no reaction then when his parents opened a new pack and put one on him, he suffered really bad burn like blisters in the areas the nappy covered. It appears to be a chemical reaction and he was taken to hospital and put on a ventilator due to having breathing difficulties. At this time it is just the newborn size that has been withdrawn from sale.

http://i.imgur.com/H18PLRK.jpg

https://babyclub.asda.com/~/media/Baby/Images/2017/Little-Angels/Tier-Two/newborn-nappies-little-angels.jpg

LINK TO BBC ARTICLE

18 Comments

I have 3 packs that are open a couple have been taken out of each pack will they accept them or not

Original Poster Editor

Rachlou81

I have 3 packs that are open a couple have been taken out of each pack … I have 3 packs that are open a couple have been taken out of each pack will they accept them or not

I don't know sorry - try ringing the customer services line on 0800 952 0101

I brought a bulk load for when my baby arrives in around 9 weeks. What should i do xx

Loulou19888

I brought a bulk load for when my baby arrives in around 9 weeks. What … I brought a bulk load for when my baby arrives in around 9 weeks. What should i do xx

Take them back better to be safe than sorry

Rachlou81

I have 3 packs that are open a couple have been taken out of each pack … I have 3 packs that are open a couple have been taken out of each pack will they accept them or not

ASDA are usually very good with returns.

davewave

ASDA are usually very good with returns.

They wouldn't take back the recalled fan heater i had, came out with any crap they could think of first saying it wasn't on their recall list when i was standing their with a printout from their own website and then moaned they could only replace like with like and as it was summer they didnt have any fan heaters and they had no idea what the price was of it when i bought it so couldn't give me a credit note.

Error440

They wouldn't take back the recalled fan heater i had, came out with any … They wouldn't take back the recalled fan heater i had, came out with any crap they could think of first saying it wasn't on their recall list when i was standing their with a printout from their own website and then moaned they could only replace like with like and as it was summer they didnt have any fan heaters and they had no idea what the price was of it when i bought it so couldn't give me a credit note.

moan did they, oh.

davewave

moan did they, oh.

Perhaps i should create a new ID claim to be a man and see how you attempt to belittle my posts then, be interesting to see how your contrived tactics work when faced with the same info from a slightly different angle.

Error44028 m ago

Perhaps i should create a new ID claim to be a man and see how you attempt …Perhaps i should create a new ID claim to be a man and see how you attempt to belittle my posts then, be interesting to see how your contrived tactics work when faced with the same info from a slightly different angle.

You could do what you like tbh, I have very little interest.
I've found ASDA to be helpful, appears you haven't, derive whatever you like from that.

Error440

They wouldn't take back the recalled fan heater i had, came out with any … They wouldn't take back the recalled fan heater i had, came out with any crap they could think of first saying it wasn't on their recall list when i was standing their with a printout from their own website and then moaned they could only replace like with like and as it was summer they didnt have any fan heaters and they had no idea what the price was of it when i bought it so couldn't give me a credit note.

Email customers service Asda are normally better than that heard stories of them refunding for items they didn't sell from staff.

eslick

Email customers service Asda are normally better than that heard stories … Email customers service Asda are normally better than that heard stories of them refunding for items they didn't sell from staff.

Couldn't be bothered, it was only a tenner and I've never had this extra cash I've head people get from the customer service desk when they have to refund due to price error.

Barely shop at the place now anyway, the prices just keep going up and the shelves aren't stocked regularly, i mainly use Morrisons and Lidl now, the nail in the coffin for me was when they put steviol in the own brand cola. Only thing i go there for is school uniform now

i have been using little angles for over a year now im on the comfort and dry little angels stage 5 should i take them back???

saazyc6 m ago

i have been using little angles for over a year now im on the comfort and …i have been using little angles for over a year now im on the comfort and dry little angels stage 5 should i take them back???

If there is no rash, then perhaps its an isolated case for that unfortunate family.

I have brought 10 packs for my niece who is due this week to help her out. I don't have the receipt do you think they will still refund.

Just took a pack I brought back to Asda, had no issues. Previous stock had been taken down. There not going to be difficult when babies are at any risk, perceived or otherwise.

We used them with our premie for about 1 month as they did the tiniest baby size. Never had any issues. But swapped to Tesco nappies recently as they fit better anyway and priced near the same anyway. On to cloth nappies soon!

Original Poster Editor

Sam114

I have brought 10 packs for my niece who is due this week to help her … I have brought 10 packs for my niece who is due this week to help her out. I don't have the receipt do you think they will still refund.

Yes as you can only buy them from Asda - think they give you a gift card though rather than cash but you can buy another brand

Original Poster Editor

saazyc

i have been using little angles for over a year now im on the comfort and … i have been using little angles for over a year now im on the comfort and dry little angels stage 5 should i take them back???

It's only newborn size affected and withdrawn but if you don't want to risk it take them back
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions