Asda online groceries order not arrived!!!

Found 10th Mar 2015
My Asda order was supposed to arrive last night between 8pm and 10pm however it did not turn up. They didn't even bother to call me about it.
I have called them this morning and got put through to customer service in South Africa and they wasn't much help to be honest, they just said that they will get someone local to call me back.

When asked when this will be; they just said it would be during the day. I don't know why it takes so long considering I called the local number in the first place so why take so long it surely don't take long to find out what has gone wrong.

Has anyone else had any problems with Asda online groceries? What are they like dealing with problems like this? And also what were their excuses if and when they did actually get back to you?
Community Updates
30 Comments
Banned
It's a multi million pound business, I'm sure plenty of people have had problems at some stage.

Hopefully you wont starve to death waiting.

[img]cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/…jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=hL%2F%2BB%2BRnRLS4py3d12Sk8cbJudO5d19hRxV8e7wuDd8%3D[/img]
Edited by: "toshapetriji" 11th Mar 2015
Original Poster
No don't think that will happen. I am not too bothered it is late. My problem is that they didn't let me know about it. An email or phone call is all I wanted. Or for them to tell me now if and when it will actually arrive. I don't want to go out and it arrives while I am out.
call your local store they probably pick it there or can tell what store it comes from
Call the police. Its possible the Asda delivery van skidded off the road and rolled into a ditch last night and the driver could be trapped inside.

Wild animals will be drawn to the smell of the food inside the bag, and the driver is at risk of being nibbled to death by rats etc.

I think the number is 999.
Mark2111

Call the police. Its possible the Asda delivery van skidded off the road … Call the police. Its possible the Asda delivery van skidded off the road and rolled into a ditch last night and the driver could be trapped inside.Wild animals will be drawn to the smell of the food inside the bag, and the driver is at risk of being nibbled to death by rats etc.I think the number is 999.

OH MY GOD! That poor driver. OP I think you should set up a gofundme page for the driver so when they are found they can have the best in medical treatment...
katchiib

OH MY GOD! That poor driver. OP I think you should set up a gofundme … OH MY GOD! That poor driver. OP I think you should set up a gofundme page for the driver so when they are found they can have the best in medical treatment...

Be very careful typing when you go to make a donation
If you call your local store they will either be able to sort out a delivery, or put you in touch with the store it comes from. The nearest store is not necessarily the one it comes from, our store travels 20 miles to deliver to customers less than a mile away from another store that delivers.
http://stefdawson.com/images/323.jpg
And I'll just mention, there are all sorts of reasons for a delivery not to be made. Countless times I have been unable to find an address, and tried to ring the customer for help, only to find the number is wrong or not being answered, and no answer at the door, then the customer swears blind there was no knock. I even went to a house once and the woman came and saw me, opened the door, then went back into the house. I then got the delivery off the van, assuming she would be back out shortly. 10 mins later she still hasn't reappeared so I shouted 'hello' and nothing. Rang the doorbell and nothing. Tried phoning, I could hear the phone but no answer. In the end after waiting almost 20 mins I just loaded the stuff back onto the van and went. Another type of annoying customer is the one that doesn't answer the door or the phone, so I write a card out, post it through the door, get back in the van, start up, an just as I am about to move off they come to the door, after I have already used all my time allocated for the delivery faffing about!
Python

And I'll just mention, there are all sorts of reasons for a delivery not … And I'll just mention, there are all sorts of reasons for a delivery not to be made. Countless times I have been unable to find an address, and tried to ring the customer for help, only to find the number is wrong or not being answered, and no answer at the door, then the customer swears blind there was no knock. I even went to a house once and the woman came and saw me, opened the door, then went back into the house. I then got the delivery off the van, assuming she would be back out shortly. 10 mins later she still hasn't reappeared so I shouted 'hello' and nothing. Rang the doorbell and nothing. Tried phoning, I could hear the phone but no answer. In the end after waiting almost 20 mins I just loaded the stuff back onto the van and went. Another type of annoying customer is the one that doesn't answer the door or the phone, so I write a card out, post it through the door, get back in the van, start up, an just as I am about to move off they come to the door, after I have already used all my time allocated for the delivery faffing about!

I think it's you (_;)
Original Poster
I called the store closest to me and then got put through to a customer service agent in South Africa which wasn't much help. However hadn't heard back so decided to call again and got through to the store which told me they don't do the deliveries in medway and that it was the store in Sittingbourne which doesn't really make a lot of sense as the Chatham store is a lot closer.
Anyway I have tried calling the number for the Sittingbourne store but keep on getting cut off after 5 minutes. I just want answers as to what is going on.
op lemme get my pitchfork and we'll do this thing!
brilly

op lemme get my pitchfork and we'll do this thing!

I hope your comments are not automatically posted to Facebook...

[ mirror.co.uk/new…671 ]
just go yourself like any normal human

Competition time...

Havince

just go xxxx yourself like any normal human

Hold the front page, Asda Customer Does Not Get Delivery On Time..
Original Poster
Finally got through to them. They were supposed to call me last night that their van had broken down. However they were just going to cancel the order however instead they are re delivering tonight. I hope the van don't break down again tonight.
hoadieboi

Finally got through to them. They were supposed to call me last night … Finally got through to them. They were supposed to call me last night that their van had broken down. However they were just going to cancel the order however instead they are re delivering tonight. I hope the van don't break down again tonight.

Does a delivery van in need of repair also cause a fault in their ability to telephone or e-mail you?
Bring back horse and carts.
Mark2111

Bring back horse and carts.

Or Corner Shops.(_;)
Thanks for sharing .... I can appreciate it must have been traumatic for you. Have you considered counselling?
It think the answer to all this is in your last two deals posted....

275 ° 500g grapes at Tesco £1.00
46 ° Pack of 3 Daim bars at Aldi £0.75
yes. happened to us quite a few times before we stopped using them! we found out was easier to cancel the order and do a new one.
Never happens with Ocado
How long do we have to wait until the next part of the story?

http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/pictures/462xAny/6/2/7/11627_ASDA-store.jpg
A family of 4 were found dead earlier 2day in the sleepy village of Wotan Mills, Surrey. Early indications show the family starved to death. Police have said they're not looking for any suspects, and it's a tragedy that this can happen
in England in 2015.
what no sad face family photo standing next to an empty fridge & cupboard oO
Mark 2111cant stop laughing at ASDA remark you put lol
fanpages

good old Jack....
Havince

just go yourself like any normal human

What a stupid comment. Some people might be disabled. Some people have lots of reasons why they cant go to the store sometimes. Don't assume.
gerrymig

Thanks for sharing .... I can appreciate it must have been traumatic for … Thanks for sharing .... I can appreciate it must have been traumatic for you. Have you considered counselling?

your the man Gerry, that's a nice post.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions