Asda Online shopping

Posted 26th Mar
Hi I placed an online order for Asda for Tuesday, should I expect half of my shopping not to arrive? What have you all experienced with online shopping in the last week?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Well done even getting a slot
38 Comments
Well done even getting a slot
I had one on Monday just gone. Half was missing and the other half was almost all substitutes.
ordered 72 items, delivered 4. cost me more in the delivery charge. i did select no subs though
I too got booked for Tuesday, tbh I have very low hope getting the stuff I want.... I can't even amend the order, since few item already are out of stock..
So bad near me, where having to ration food at home.
As there's more stuff in shops this week I think you'll get a good percentage of what you've ordered.
What times your delivery? Makes all the difference if the pickers pick your stuff before they open the doors to the public
I'd maybe log in the day before and check your order and amend where necessary. I'm in a similar boat as well.
Had a lot of subs but got everything delivered this week
Was in Asda this morning. They had everything apart from pasta.... seemingly carbs are the new toilet roll. Oh and they had no vodka on offer... 1st world problems.You should get most of it. They even had paracetamol so it's a good sign people have stopped being quite so ridiculous.
Booked mine on the 17th for delivery this afternoon. Laborious work on the site yesterday continually being put into a queue. Got a note this morning advising order had been cancelled because "unable to process payment". No warning of any issues until too late. Thanks Asda, not.
Advice:

IF and WHEN you eventually find a delivery slot:

1) pick whatever you can and add to your basket
2) pay
3) each day prior to the delivery slot, go into the AMEND BASKET and it will update you on what is OOS.
4) go back in and choose alternatives
5) REPEAT..REPEAT..REPEAT..

You end up chasing your own tail, but it's the only way!

Im getting sick and tired of the government and major supermarkets with the "everything is okay, no supply chain problems"

This excuse or reality was valid 2 weeks ago but since then a number of things has happened.
1) reduced opening hours to HELP STOCK SHELVES
2) more workers to handle home deliveries etc...
3) told to stay at home so order online, impossible
4) if you can find a slot, MOST everyday items be it food or household are OOS
5) limits of 2 or 3 items on each product to stop stock piling

* The major issue is all orders are picked for delivery from your LOCAL supermarket, NOT FROM A CENTRAL WAREHOUSE!

I do not understand why there are not better logistic systems set in place after this amount of time. Personally I have chosen to not visit supermarkets or the like, yet it's almost impossible to get home deliveries. I know a lot will say it's tough for the supermarkets...... but I don't care anymore, I just want food and basic essentials without having to leave the house. BTW I am trying to shop for ourselves (normal aged peeps) as well for 2 sets of elderly parents, one of which got a Sainsburys slot but more than 50% of items were OOS!
Rusty8226/03/2020 18:49

I'd maybe log in the day before and check your order and amend where …I'd maybe log in the day before and check your order and amend where necessary. I'm in a similar boat as well.

Do not amend it, if you do the price gets adjusted to the current price although this doesn't seem to matter at this moment because hardly anythings on offer, it's full priced right now but under normal circumstances do not amend order, you can check individually if it's the same price and Amend but this is a headache.
MR112326/03/2020 19:06

Do not amend it, if you do the price gets adjusted to the current price …Do not amend it, if you do the price gets adjusted to the current price although this doesn't seem to matter at this moment because hardly anythings on offer, it's full priced right now but under normal circumstances do not amend order, you can check individually if it's the same price and Amend but this is a headache.

I had to amend. Since I placed my order almost all of it is out of stock.
Straycat196726/03/2020 19:05

Advice:IF and WHEN you eventually find a delivery slot:1) pick whatever …Advice:IF and WHEN you eventually find a delivery slot:1) pick whatever you can and add to your basket2) pay3) each day prior to the delivery slot, go into the AMEND BASKET and it will update you on what is OOS.4) go back in and choose alternatives5) REPEAT..REPEAT..REPEAT..You end up chasing your own tail, but it's the only way!Im getting sick and tired of the government and major supermarkets with the "everything is okay, no supply chain problems"This excuse or reality was valid 2 weeks ago but since then a number of things has happened.1) reduced opening hours to HELP STOCK SHELVES 2) more workers to handle home deliveries etc...3) told to stay at home so order online, impossible4) if you can find a slot, MOST everyday items be it food or household are OOS5) limits of 2 or 3 items on each product to stop stock piling* The major issue is all orders are picked for delivery from your LOCAL supermarket, NOT FROM A CENTRAL WAREHOUSE!I do not understand why there are not better logistic systems set in place after this amount of time. Personally I have chosen to not visit supermarkets or the like, yet it's almost impossible to get home deliveries. I know a lot will say it's tough for the supermarkets...... but I don't care anymore, I just want food and basic essentials without having to leave the house. BTW I am trying to shop for ourselves (normal aged peeps) as well for 2 sets of elderly parents, one of which got a Sainsburys slot but more than 50% of items were OOS!

I Don't blame supermarkets, I blame the panick buyers, it's quite obvious there's to many of them and suppliers cant deliver to that many people at once. If you seen how long the que is for over this long now, what's not to get? If they increase deliveries don't expect them to find a lorry driver and train them within 2 weeks. More supplies means more lorry's needed. If you visited supermarkets lately it's gotten a lot better. Less busy and more food. I'd say give it 2 weeks and it will be back to normal.
Rusty8226/03/2020 18:49

I'd maybe log in the day before and check your order and amend where …I'd maybe log in the day before and check your order and amend where necessary. I'm in a similar boat as well.

Just checked and all Is in stock but I’ll check again the day before
Somehow I managed to get lucky on Monday night and get a slot for delivery this Wednesday just gone.

Out of 62 items, I ended up with 3 substitutes and 13 products unavailable.

I was reasonably pleased with that as I got most of the essentials we needed and enough to keep us going for now. Seemed to be mostly the tinned stuff that was unavailable, almost all of my missing items where tins of one thing or another.
Straycat196726/03/2020 19:05

Advice:IF and WHEN you eventually find a delivery slot:1) pick whatever …Advice:IF and WHEN you eventually find a delivery slot:1) pick whatever you can and add to your basket2) pay3) each day prior to the delivery slot, go into the AMEND BASKET and it will update you on what is OOS.4) go back in and choose alternatives5) REPEAT..REPEAT..REPEAT..You end up chasing your own tail, but it's the only way!Im getting sick and tired of the government and major supermarkets with the "everything is okay, no supply chain problems"This excuse or reality was valid 2 weeks ago but since then a number of things has happened.1) reduced opening hours to HELP STOCK SHELVES 2) more workers to handle home deliveries etc...3) told to stay at home so order online, impossible4) if you can find a slot, MOST everyday items be it food or household are OOS5) limits of 2 or 3 items on each product to stop stock piling* The major issue is all orders are picked for delivery from your LOCAL supermarket, NOT FROM A CENTRAL WAREHOUSE!I do not understand why there are not better logistic systems set in place after this amount of time. Personally I have chosen to not visit supermarkets or the like, yet it's almost impossible to get home deliveries. I know a lot will say it's tough for the supermarkets...... but I don't care anymore, I just want food and basic essentials without having to leave the house. BTW I am trying to shop for ourselves (normal aged peeps) as well for 2 sets of elderly parents, one of which got a Sainsburys slot but more than 50% of items were OOS!

Where are you shopping?

Got my tesco shop delivered today and everything arrived including paracetamol

Your idea that they should deliver from a central warehouse clearly hasn't been thought through lol
Rusty8226/03/2020 19:15

I had to amend. Since I placed my order almost all of it is out of stock.

If out of stock, do not amend your order. They will substitute oos with alternatives. Got my value rum substituted with captain Morgans. Every little helps

Most of my order was oos during the day yesterday but when I rechecked after 9pm last night, most was back in stock. I got everything delivered this morning with just he one substitution. They have a real time local store stock level system.
Edited by: "chocci" 26th Mar
chocci26/03/2020 19:56

If out of stock, do not amend your order. They will substitute oos with …If out of stock, do not amend your order. They will substitute oos with alternatives. Got my value rum substituted with captain Morgans. Every little helps ;)Most of my order was oos during the day yesterday but when I rechecked after 9pm last night, most was back in stock. I got everything delivered this morning with just he one substitution. They have a real time local store stock level system.

I'm not sure the Asda software works like that. If items are out of stock a box appears and you are invited to look for alternatives. In the case of something like loo roll, of course, there are no available alternatives or way of indicating to packer that they should be selected if they happen to be available on the day. Also I'm not sure Asda do substitutions of higher priced items without charging the difference as Tesco do?
chrisjackson26/03/2020 20:06

I'm not sure the Asda software works like that. If items are out of stock …I'm not sure the Asda software works like that. If items are out of stock a box appears and you are invited to look for alternatives. In the case of something like loo roll, of course, there are no available alternatives or way of indicating to packer that they should be selected if they happen to be available on the day. Also I'm not sure Asda do substitutions of higher priced items without charging the difference as Tesco do?

Asda:

What are my substitution options?

If something you have ordered is not available, we may choose a substitute. If it costs less, we charge you less. If it costs more, we won’t charge you the extra.
chrisjackson26/03/2020 20:06

I'm not sure the Asda software works like that. If items are out of stock …I'm not sure the Asda software works like that. If items are out of stock a box appears and you are invited to look for alternatives. In the case of something like loo roll, of course, there are no available alternatives or way of indicating to packer that they should be selected if they happen to be available on the day. Also I'm not sure Asda do substitutions of higher priced items without charging the difference as Tesco do?

I always have 'choose a substitute' selected for all my tesco items. Tried asda twice over the years and both times got less than 80% of my order. Awful website and app too.
McShane126/03/2020 20:14

Asda:What are my substitution options?If something you have ordered is not …Asda:What are my substitution options?If something you have ordered is not available, we may choose a substitute. If it costs less, we charge you less. If it costs more, we won’t charge you the extra.

That's good. Still seems conflicting advice about amending order. If you successfully add something to your basket checkout and then go back to amend and are informed it is not now available, does your "request" for that item still stand when you checkout again?
chrisjackson26/03/2020 20:39

That's good. Still seems conflicting advice about amending order. If you …That's good. Still seems conflicting advice about amending order. If you successfully add something to your basket checkout and then go back to amend and are informed it is not now available, does your "request" for that item still stand when you checkout again?

That's the point. Don't amend your order just to add a few items if it means losing half of it as no longer available. It's a balancing act.
Our Asda delivery only had one item missing everything else (about 100 items) was delivered. Maybe 10 replacements all improvements on what was ordered.

Try not to amend. If you do they’ll remove what they can’t supply. If you don’t they’ll replace it with similar or better.
Edited by: "StokeMeAClipper" 26th Mar
chocci26/03/2020 20:23

I always have 'choose a substitute' selected for all my tesco items. Tried …I always have 'choose a substitute' selected for all my tesco items. Tried asda twice over the years and both times got less than 80% of my order. Awful website and app too.

I pretty much always used Tesco until mid last year when the new anti fraud legislation and resultant checks meant it somehow stopped accepting my cards so had to try alternative supermarket. That problem seemed to have sorted itself out until now it seems to have reared its head at worst possible time so I've lost my precious order.
I agree the Tesco software is pretty good and probably the best of those have tried (though had a bit of frustration last year when it wouldn't remember edits of Favourites). Must say my two or three Asda orders in the last six months were pretty satisfactory to me.
chocci26/03/2020 19:54

Where are you shopping? Got my tesco shop delivered today and everything …Where are you shopping? Got my tesco shop delivered today and everything arrived including paracetamol Your idea that they should deliver from a central warehouse clearly hasn't been thought through lol

ASDA was the ONLY place i could get a slot over the next 3 weeks out of all the BIG 5. If you go on the ASDA website you will see just about all basics are OOS, from tin tomatoes, basic milk, soaps, hand wash, cleaning products, rice, pasta, the list is endless.

Re the distribution centres, I never meant it literally, but obviously even after 2-3 weeks the system is still broken.
Straycat196726/03/2020 20:49

ASDA was the ONLY place i could get a slot over the next 3 weeks out of …ASDA was the ONLY place i could get a slot over the next 3 weeks out of all the BIG 5. If you go on the ASDA website you will see just about all basics are OOS, from tin tomatoes, basic milk, soaps, hand wash, cleaning products, rice, pasta, the list is endless.Re the distribution centres, I never meant it literally, but obviously even after 2-3 weeks the system is still broken.

Tesco is fine near me. Even have toilet tissue and hand-wash
Edited by: "chocci" 26th Mar
Yep, not sure the do not amend advice really applies to way I've been doing things. My normal practice is to just put in a few placeholder items when do initial booking then do the "shop proper" the day before delivery when there will be most clarity on what's available (and offers, of course ). Of course, these are exceptional circumstances and yesterday the site was so slow and the "please wait in queue" delays were so long I thought I may not be able to complete my shop so might end up with just the "placeholder items". Hence checked out when half the shopping was done and again later in the evening when had managed to complete to satisfaction.
Things I'd noticed were unavailable : tins of popular items like tomatoes, vegetable oil, loo rolls (of course), kitchen roll, bread flour and mixes, dried pasta, bleach and had a sneaky look at handwash, UHT and dried milk which were absent.

PS : these things are no doubt localised, but did a quick check on my Tesco "Favourites" end of last week and found about two thirds of the items were then unavailable; looks a lot better now but no slots of course...
Edited by: "chrisjackson" 26th Mar
I haven’t been able to get onto Asda groceries website for a few days never mind place an order but last time I checked the first delivery slot available was almost mid-April! That being said as for your delivery I can’t comment in the past week but I think it’s hit and miss depending on stock levels and whoever picks and packs your shopping. I used to have Asda deliveries regularly and got annoyed at missing items or poor use by dates so I wouldn’t hold your breath but my fingers are crossed for you
Asda Kingswood Hull delivered yesterday at 21.00 to me and was 100% all there (all the basics inc.) ,couldnt believe it.Well done Kingswood
Edited by: "DracUK" 26th Mar
I ordered £96 worth and only recieved £16 worth. They gave No subs too
The next big trade will be selling off Supermarket delivery slots to the highest bidder!

Sorry, not so funny but that's the way it feels for this past 3 weeks!
XSerenityX26/03/2020 18:18

I had one on Monday just gone. Half was missing and the other half was …I had one on Monday just gone. Half was missing and the other half was almost all substitutes.

this was our experience from asda online orders even before the covid 19 situation! this is why i wouldn't even bother with asda online, even at this time.
Munch198126/03/2020 18:29

So bad near me, where having to ration food at home.

Sorry to hear this. What area do you live in? Do you have friends or family that live elsewhere who may be able to getnyounsone supplies and post them out to you?
nightshadeUK26/03/2020 23:34

Sorry to hear this. What area do you live in? Do you have friends or …Sorry to hear this. What area do you live in? Do you have friends or family that live elsewhere who may be able to getnyounsone supplies and post them out to you?

Thankyou for your concern, As we did not panic buy, like a lot of people did, we got just enough food for 2 weeks. Thankfully we are not vulnerable, so we will try again at our supermarket. We tried two local shops and no tinned food or even frozen food.
64 of my monthly shop items were out of stock even dog food. My daughter had an infection and they couldn't even deliver the wound care items I had ordered (bandages, micropore, dressings etc). They substituted half of the 20ish items that we did receive and they were terrible subs too.
I managed to get morrisons a few days later and they only missed 3 items (breads and sardines)
Depends on where your order is being picked from instore good luck .. mines picked from a dedicated dot.com centre and so far so good.

I do my shopping weekly on a recurrent slot and ive had all my items toilet roll, pasta no problem.. ive had a few subs e.g frozen petis pois peas for garden peas and asda baked beans for heinz.

The only problem im having is getting anti bacterial spray or specific ready meals but i make my own meals mostly so its no biggy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants