Asda Parking Fine Advice Please!

Found 16th Aug 2012
I returned to my car in Asda car park after making a quick dash for a few odds and ends and ended up with a parking ticket from Town & Country Parking Co for £70 (£40 if paid within 14 days).
OK I didn't buy a parking ticket because I didn't have the change and was only getting a few things so I'm wrong in that respect, but what winds me up is I spend around £250 every week in Asda and end up with a ticket.
Anyone know where I stand with this as I really don't want to pay it.
PS The store manager was totally unhelpful when I asked advice.
Community Updates
Misc
59 Comments
get proper advise here
http://www.pepipoo.com/FAQ.htm

http://forums.pepipoo.com/

you won't get any on HUKD

Edited by: "DAMNOME" 16th Aug 2012
Banned
You do the crime, you do the time xx
Have a look at the info on private parking tickets on money saving expert. Should have everything you need on there
If it;'s anything like my local ASDA, it's not ASDA's car park, it's a council owned car park that is used by ASDA's customers.
This is why I avoid ASDA in my area as I need to remember to take a quid for parking and a quid for trolleys.
Edited by moderator: "Aug 16, 2012 18:27" 16th Aug 2012
£250!? Just in Asda? A £40 ticket doesn't seem so bad anymore oO
pepipoo is your friend
Jesus, over £1000 a month in ASDA!
Original Poster
LDHughes

Jesus, over £1000 a month in ASDA!

Yes, crazy isn't it, but can't get the kids (in their 20s) to leave home so with 5 people that's the way it goes.........
Just ignore the ticket, it's a scam, they have no authority to give you a fine.
Always thought supermarket car parks were private owned land. (hence why they are excluded from driving laws)
Maybe got a family the size of a football team. Or a gf the size of the house.

Can't believe Asda charge for parking. Crazy
gmdlogan

Maybe got a family the size of a football team. Or a gf the size of the … Maybe got a family the size of a football team. Or a gf the size of the house. Can't believe Asda charge for parking. Crazy

They dont directly. They just give permission for a private firm to control the parking area
JamesClark1991

Always thought supermarket car parks were private owned land. (hence why … Always thought supermarket car parks were private owned land. (hence why they are excluded from driving laws)

Depends how much land they could buy up I suppose, all supermarkets in my area have private car parks except ASDA.
It is in a built up area tho.

Edited by moderator: "Aug 16, 2012 18:36" 16th Aug 2012
Which Asda?
Original Poster
DAMNOME

get proper advise … get proper advise herehttp://www.pepipoo.com/FAQ.htmhttp://forums.pepipoo.com/you won't get any on HUKD

Thanks for that, looks like you're right.....had a quick look on pepipoo and seems the general advice is to ignore it.
Thats terrible. I've never seen parking meters at Asda Doncaster.
gmdlogan

Thats terrible. I've never seen parking meters at Asda Doncaster.

Pay and display is becoming a sign of the times. Its not a tax ONLY because it is levied by a private firm.
Just go and tell the store manager that you are special and that parking restrictions on someone elses property do not apply to you. I'm sure he will understand.
The parking 'charge' is usually to stop people parking there just to use other shops or somewhere to park to commute.
I don't know this particular store but I'm sure that you get your £1 back or whatever it is if you spend something like a minimum of a £5 instore.

Thats how it is at my local Morrisons which is right next to a train station, I understand why they do it and have no problem. I simply take a slip that comes with my ticket into the store and they take the £1 off my bill
if it is a pay and display car park ,you will have to pay the fine
if it was a free car park thats when its a scam,

but having just read more on this it seems it is crap ,i know its a scam if it is free parking cus they cant fine you for a space that would not cost them anything ,my hubs got one last year from a free car park and he just ignored it ,he even got a picture of the car going in and out the car park
Edited by: "missismop" 16th Aug 2012
Original Poster
jonny619447

Just go and tell the store manager that you are special and that parking … Just go and tell the store manager that you are special and that parking restrictions on someone elses property do not apply to you. I'm sure he will understand.

Thank you, I know I'm special, but unfortunately still got a ticket, good advice though, well done.
Edited by: "cycleman" 16th Aug 2012
I also received a parking notice fee and didn't know what to do. Read up and found most advice was to ignore it along with the other notices and threats. Although as I couldn't be sure that would work and for the sake of £40 I actually paid it. Some of the information on mse referred to cases in 2011 and I did wonder whether the company responsible for the charge had covered any loopholes.
tinz11

I also received a parking notice fee and didn't know what to do. Read up … I also received a parking notice fee and didn't know what to do. Read up and found most advice was to ignore it along with the other notices and threats. Although as I couldn't be sure that would work and for the sake of £40 I actually paid it. Some of the information on mse referred to cases in 2011 and I did wonder whether the company responsible for the charge had covered any loopholes.

It seems that they continue to threaten and harrass for a while. But the bottom line seems to be that if it is a Police or Council issued ticket you have to pay but the others are not actually enforceable.

I have paid in the past before I was aware of this
Don't pay the fine. Ignore the letters.
Problem solved.
The only way they can actually force you to pay is to take you to court apparently, which they are not likely to do.

I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle, lame I know
Banned
Do you drive an Audi or BMW?
Original Poster
dga

Do you drive an Audi or BMW?

Sadly no........but is that significant?
ElasticBands has been banned
Wonder who it was
Council or Police ticket you must pay or appeal , rest of them you can ignore , don't bother writing back to them either
cycleman

Thank you, I know I'm special, but unfortunately still got a ticket, good … Thank you, I know I'm special, but unfortunately still got a ticket, good advice though, well done.

It was good advice, the mistake I made was assuming that you could extract the advice from the sarcasm. Unfortunately your brain isn't capble of such feats. I shall talk to you in layman terms next time.
whatsThePoint

ride a bike there next time

I cant believe it took 20 posts for someone to comment on the strong username to content irony! oO

Edit: WTF WTP you are slipping bud! Even worse that its you and its comment 20 not 1, I am disappoint
Edited by: "markq" 16th Aug 2012
Original Poster
jonny619447

It was good advice, the mistake I made was assuming that you could … It was good advice, the mistake I made was assuming that you could extract the advice from the sarcasm. Unfortunately your brain isn't capble of such feats. I shall talk to you in layman terms next time.

Oh dear, you do have some issues don't you, what a sad little man.....
It is NOT a fine. Go and have a look at the forums at www.pepioo.com

Almost all tickets from private parking companies are nothing more than speculative invoices
Original Poster
Fluffykins

It is NOT a fine. Go and have a look at the forums at … It is NOT a fine. Go and have a look at the forums at http://www.pepioo.comAlmost all tickets from private parking companies are nothing more than speculative invoices

Thank you all for the constructive advice, off to work now, just popping into Asda on the way;)

OK I didn't buy a parking ticket

So why are you complaining?
Just ignore the ticket, they can't enforce it if it is a private car park.
Fluffykins

It is NOT a fine. Go and have a look at the forums at … It is NOT a fine. Go and have a look at the forums at http://www.pepioo.comAlmost all tickets from private parking companies are nothing more than speculative invoices

Yer this, it is just a parking charge, you don't have to pay it, and they will probably leave it because it costs them to retrieve your address details to follow it up.
My experience with parking ticket

hotukdeals.com/mis…e=5

I still haven't paid and not heard anything since the last time. Fingers crossed x
hannah19790

My experience with parking … My experience with parking tickethttp://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/help-parking-ticket-unpaid-update-help-again-pleeeease-x-959341?page=5I still haven't paid and not heard anything since the last time. Fingers crossed x

I remembered your case but couldnt remember who you were. I wondered how you had got on. Proof that pepipoo know their stuff then
WoolyM

I remembered your case but couldnt remember who you were. I wondered how … I remembered your case but couldnt remember who you were. I wondered how you had got on. Proof that pepipoo know their stuff then

Huh, how did Pepe Le Pew help? oO
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants