ASDA petrol charging for pay at the pump.

Posted 26th Aug 2019
Filled up at a ASDA pay and the pump the other day after putting my pin number in it flashed up "Authorised £1" never took much notice at the time but checked the bank account and they have taken £1 .
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Maybe a authorization charge which gets refunded?..
Usually if retailers take a low fee, it's usually to authorise payment / holding charge to check you have funds in said account and/or a fraud check, stolen cards etc.

It should be refunded within a few working days
It says on pump due to new government legislation you will notice a £1 charge this is now normal and you have nothing to worry about, they take the remaining balance a few days later just when you do not expect it.
bigbill26/08/2019 15:33

It says on pump due to new government legislation you will notice a £1 …It says on pump due to new government legislation you will notice a £1 charge this is now normal and you have nothing to worry about, they take the remaining balance a few days later just when you do not expect it.

fill the tank and cancel the card?
tardytortoise26/08/2019 15:35

But wouldn't you still be liable for it?
bigbill26/08/2019 15:33

It says on pump due to new government legislation you will notice a £1 …It says on pump due to new government legislation you will notice a £1 charge this is now normal and you have nothing to worry about, they take the remaining balance a few days later just when you do not expect it.

Thanks I never knew that.
deleted733638
paulj4826/08/2019 15:59

But wouldn't you still be liable for it?

Of course you would. It would be a very feeble attempt at fraud.
Asda normally take longer than anyone else to take money from your account. Thought I had got away from paying and then a week or so later they had taken it out. So just be careful and make sure you have enough money still in your account.
deleted1279550
I've never seen this £1 charge
tardytortoise26/08/2019 15:35

Jokes not allowed they just don't get it
It's actually joke that they think people are going to scam the pump station. Taking peoples money on temporary hold is stupid, especially when it is not shown at the pump station. The £1 authorisation is shown, but not the fact that, they will take £20 of our money, on hold, until the money goes through.
jay.gola16/02/2020 16:22

It's actually joke that they think people are going to scam the pump …It's actually joke that they think people are going to scam the pump station. Taking peoples money on temporary hold is stupid, especially when it is not shown at the pump station. The £1 authorisation is shown, but not the fact that, they will take £20 of our money, on hold, until the money goes through.

Eh? Of course people would scam them if it was easy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants