Expired

asda price guarantee

Found 16th Apr 2014
####‪#‎ASDA‬ THE STORE WHO DONT WANT YOU TO SAVE####
I shop at the Asda ventura store and for a period of about 18 months I have been going to asda and when there walk around the car park looking for asda receipts . Strange I know but there is a really good reason for doing this . I watched a program over 2 years ago where a lady would go to her local asda store 3 times a DAY! looking for discarded asda receipts and as a result would instead of being faced with a shopping bill of £60 was actually less than £5 a week for a family of 4 . I watched this program with interest and thought well if she can do it why cant I . I am an honest person and I have never been in trouble with the police in my life and I went into the store . I spoke to a security guard and also a cashier on the tills of what I wanted to do and I was informed twice that I was allowed . I didnt do it on the scale of the lady on the tv but on an average shop I would save £10 a week towards the cost of my shopping bill . Then on a warm weekend in august 2012 I was with my son and we were looking for receipts and when we got to the entrance of the store and a security guard asked us to accompany him to the office . While in there the security guard basically said no matter what my defence was with what I was doing would not stop me being banned from every Asda store in the country all while I still didnt know what I had done was wrong . I was then joined by the then store manager and a 3rd unidentified person and I was accused of commiting identity fraud by using the asda receipts without the permission of the receipt holder .My arguement was that once they threw it away they had commited the offence of littering and I was picking up litter which I did do while walking round the asda car park .I was told the ban would be lifted after 12 months if I promised I wouldn't do it again and I said I would not promise as I was not doing anything wrong . If I was commiting Identity fraud where was the police ? The bottom line is Asda were concerned about profits and were scratching round for excuses .After I left the store I continued to contact asda customer services and said if 1 person could do it then why couldn't I and was always faced with the same excuses .I then located the video on you tube of the woman who was paying less than £5 a week for her family shop and emailed the ceo of asda ,andy clarke . I brought this to the attention of head office and I was informed that not only did the store manager ban me from every asda store which she wasn't allowed but I was also told I could return to the asda store and could collect asda receipts that people had threw away and could continue to apply the saving to the cost of my family shopping . This time I was using the asda receipts with manufacturer coupons and this was making a drastic drop in my shopping bill . 1 week alone my shopping bill came to over £100 and I paid less than £3 .My biggest saving was £35 and I paid £0.04 pence .Even if I didnt use the asda receipts and used the coupons the grief and stress of the moaning cashiers was unbelieveable .I stuck to the belief that I was helping my family ,doing nothing wrong and for this reason asda dont want people to save money . I spoke to someone from customer care they said what I was doing was morally wrong and I said this was a joke and asked why it is asda dont like people saving money and I was told that they do but within reason . What am I doing wrong . I pick up the litter ,I use the discarded receipts to lower my bill . Once they are thrown away does that mean I cant pick up the litter . WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ? I cant find out any financial details of the person who has done the shop .So I ask asda 1 question ?Whats different from august 2013 and now . They go from saying yes mr smith you can continue to do what you are doing to mr smith we dont want you to save money on your food bill.
Community Updates
94 Comments
Moved to misc, this has nothing to do with HUKD feedback...
cool story bro

needs more tesco
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1370/11/1370114758994.png
Have you ever heard of paragraphs OP?
I don't get it.

How do receipts save you money?
First thing, try using paragraphs.

Secondly, whut? I don't actually understand how you save money using receipts, are there discount codes on the back or something? Or are you lifting receipts, then going into the shop, grabbing an item and asking for a refund thus lowering the cost of your shopping?

Seriously, I don't get it.
sancho1983

I don't get it. How do receipts save you money?

LMAO

im blind after that post and like you didnt get it
http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/

Something to do with that I would imagine, and at a guess I would say it's an abuse of the system and I don't personally agree with it, I am not against people genuinely receiving money off. What you are doing is essentially fraud.

http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/Administration/Terms-And-Conditions.aspx
Limitations and exclusions

If a customer has performed a Check, received a voucher and then returned one of the items that was part of the Check, the voucher will be invalid.
If a voucher has been redeemed from a receipt, the value of any refund given due to the return of an item on that receipt will be offset against the value of the redeemed voucher.
We may withhold or refuse payment and/ or withdraw or suspend the ASDA Price Guarantee (or any part of it) at any time without notice where we suspect fraud, or where vouchers have been incorrectly calculated
ASDA colleagues are entitled to use this service. All price comparisons will be made after the colleague discount has been applied where a colleague discount card has been used on your shop.
We can change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Any changes will be posted on this page.
We may withdraw or suspend the ASDA Price Guarantee, (or any part of it), at any time without notice.

Edited by: "Holly1985" 16th Apr 2014
confused here too. please cam someone tell me what the point was? (not meaning to be rude...)

Then on a warm weekend in august 2012...

Heat for the prose.

8/10. Would read again.
for those who don't shop at Asda, the price guarantee means that you take your receipt and enter certain details from it onto Asdas price guarantee site, and if your shopping could have been cheaper elsewhere, Asda will give you the difference. (or something along those lines)
okay so for those who don't understand/don't use asda.

They have a site: asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/
You can enter the barcode from your receipts into the site (you have to have 8 different items on the receipt) and they will tell you if they are cheaper than or the same as or more expensive than other stores (morrison,tesco etc)

If asda were more expensive / not cheaper by 10% they will give you the difference back in a voucher to print.
Holly1985

http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/Something to do with that I would … http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/Something to do with that I would imagine, and at a guess I would say it's an abuse of the system and I don't personally agree with it, I am not against people genuinely receiving money off. What you are doing is essentially fraud.http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/Administration/Terms-And-Conditions.aspxLimitations and exclusions If a customer has performed a Check, received a voucher and then returned one of the items that was part of the Check, the voucher will be invalid. If a voucher has been redeemed from a receipt, the value of any refund given due to the return of an item on that receipt will be offset against the value of the redeemed voucher. We may withhold or refuse payment and/ or withdraw or suspend the ASDA Price Guarantee (or any part of it) at any time without notice where we suspect fraud, or where vouchers have been incorrectly calculated ASDA colleagues are entitled to use this service. All price comparisons will be made after the colleague discount has been applied where a colleague discount card has been used on your shop. We can change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Any changes will be posted on this page. We may withdraw or suspend the ASDA Price Guarantee, (or any part of it), at any time without notice.

I agree.

It's really quite simple...Receipts are evidence of purchase. The OP was behaving fraudulently by pretending they were the purchaser of the goods in order to gain a financial advantage.
Seems like Asda were being lenient by not involving the police.
Holly1985

http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/Something to do with that I would … http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/Something to do with that I would imagine, and at a guess I would say it's an abuse of the system and I don't personally agree with it, I am not against people genuinely receiving money off. What you are doing is essentially fraud.http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/Administration/Terms-And-Conditions.aspxLimitations and exclusions If a customer has performed a Check, received a voucher and then returned one of the items that was part of the Check, the voucher will be invalid. If a voucher has been redeemed from a receipt, the value of any refund given due to the return of an item on that receipt will be offset against the value of the redeemed voucher. We may withhold or refuse payment and/ or withdraw or suspend the ASDA Price Guarantee (or any part of it) at any time without notice where we suspect fraud, or where vouchers have been incorrectly calculated ASDA colleagues are entitled to use this service. All price comparisons will be made after the colleague discount has been applied where a colleague discount card has been used on your shop. We can change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Any changes will be posted on this page. We may withdraw or suspend the ASDA Price Guarantee, (or any part of it), at any time without notice.

Thanks for that OP!!! Really informative, well written, clearly constructed, and most of all.. a DELIGHT to read.

Shame my poor eyes don't agree..

http://i.imgur.com/HSDpKJ8.gif

Were you were picking up several receipts and then using them simultaneously?
Ok you shop at asda . you do your weekly shop you go to the cashier and you get told your bill.you hand over your money /credit card or debit card . you pay your bill and you say thank you to the cashier and you leave the store .

Next scenario is you are walking along the car park . You find a £10 note on the floor what do you do ?

At no time does asda ask you if the receipt is yours . They would have no way of finding out if it is your receipt . I am saving money and I use it to lower my shopping bill. I also use manufacturer coupons and they hate me using them .I pick up the litter thats on the floor . I have never once said these are my receipts .
FMJ1000

confused here too. please cam someone tell me what the point was? (not … confused here too. please cam someone tell me what the point was? (not meaning to be rude...)

its there price guarantee offer 10% cheaper when people throw away there asda receipts I pick them up
mayfair11

Thanks for that OP!!! Really informative, well written, clearly … Thanks for that OP!!! Really informative, well written, clearly constructed, and most of all.. a DELIGHT to read.Shame my poor eyes don't agree..Were you were picking up several receipts and then using them simultaneously?

Yes . I store them up and when it is a relatively big shop I apply the savings.
Why has it taken you since August 2012 to create this thread?

And how dare ASDA want to make a profit! Scumbags!
can someone translate the OP's diatribe into legible English?
I've had a read through it all, and I have quickly put it into paragraphs for you OP. I didn't correct the spelling and grammar mistakes though; there are just too many.

####‪#‎ASDA‬ THE STORE WHO DONT WANT YOU TO SAVE####

I shop at the Asda ventura store and for a period of about 18 months I have been going to asda and when there walk around the car park looking for asda receipts . Strange I know but there is a really good reason for doing this . I watched a program over 2 years ago where a lady would go to her local asda store 3 times a DAY! looking for discarded asda receipts and as a result would instead of being faced with a shopping bill of £60 was actually less than £5 a week for a family of 4 . I watched this program with interest and thought well if she can do it why cant I . I am an honest person and I have never been in trouble with the police in my life and I went into the store . I spoke to a security guard and also a cashier on the tills of what I wanted to do and I was informed twice that I was allowed . I didnt do it on the scale of the lady on the tv but on an average shop I would save £10 a week towards the cost of my shopping bill .

Then on a warm weekend in august 2012 I was with my son and we were looking for receipts and when we got to the entrance of the store and a security guard asked us to accompany him to the office . While in there the security guard basically said no matter what my defence was with what I was doing would not stop me being banned from every Asda store in the country all while I still didnt know what I had done was wrong . I was then joined by the then store manager and a 3rd unidentified person and I was accused of commiting identity fraud by using the asda receipts without the permission of the receipt holder .My arguement was that once they threw it away they had commited the offence of littering and I was picking up litter which I did do while walking round the asda car park .I was told the ban would be lifted after 12 months if I promised I wouldn't do it again and I said I would not promise as I was not doing anything wrong . If I was commiting Identity fraud where was the police ?

The bottom line is Asda were concerned about profits and were scratching round for excuses .After I left the store I continued to contact asda customer services and said if 1 person could do it then why couldn't I and was always faced with the same excuses .I then located the video on you tube of the woman who was paying less than £5 a week for her family shop and emailed the ceo of asda ,andy clarke . I brought this to the attention of head office and I was informed that not only did the store manager ban me from every asda store which she wasn't allowed but I was also told I could return to the asda store and could collect asda receipts that people had threw away and could continue to apply the saving to the cost of my family shopping .

This time I was using the asda receipts with manufacturer coupons and this was making a drastic drop in my shopping bill . 1 week alone my shopping bill came to over £100 and I paid less than £3 .My biggest saving was £35 and I paid £0.04 pence .Even if I didnt use the asda receipts and used the coupons the grief and stress of the moaning cashiers was unbelieveable .I stuck to the belief that I was helping my family ,doing nothing wrong and for this reason asda dont want people to save money . I spoke to someone from customer care they said what I was doing was morally wrong and I said this was a joke and asked why it is asda dont like people saving money and I was told that they do but within reason .

What am I doing wrong . I pick up the litter ,I use the discarded receipts to lower my bill . Once they are thrown away does that mean I cant pick up the litter . WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ? I cant find out any financial details of the person who has done the shop .So I ask asda 1 question ?Whats different from august 2013 and now . They go from saying yes mr smith you can continue to do what you are doing to mr smith we dont want you to save money on your food bill.
smod123

its there price guarantee offer 10% cheaper when people throw … its there price guarantee offer 10% cheaper when people throw away there asda receipts I pick them up

but you didnt spend the money in the first place!

it's fraud, plain and simple (obtaining money by deception) and seems you're the only one who doesnt understand that. Personally, I would have liked to have seen you arrested
chocci

can someone translate the OP's diatribe into legible English?

OP is picking up coupons which entitles the bearer to a certain amount off their weekly shop.

These vouchers don't belong to OP, they had been disgarded by other customers

OP saved lots of money

ASDA wanted this to stop as they were probably losing money and banned OP

OP got this resolved and is no longer banned

ASDA now lose money whenever OP shops
Pretty sure if you find money on the street you are supposed to take it into the Police and then if it's not claimed within X amount of time you can "claim" it.

Whether or not Asda ask if the receipt is yours isn't the point, the point is you are acting fraudulently.
What would happen if I dropped my receipt and you picked it up,didn't say a word to me and then 5 minutes later I realized I dropped it and came back to the car park to find it and someone said you had picked it up?Surely that's theft
OP is a bin diver

close thread
smod123

Ok you shop at asda . you do your weekly shop you go to the … Ok you shop at asda . you do your weekly shop you go to the cashier and you get told your bill.you hand over your money /credit card or debit card . you pay your bill and you say thank you to the cashier and you leave the store . Next scenario is you are walking along the car park . You find a £10 note on the floor what do you do ? At no time does asda ask you if the receipt is yours . They would have no way of finding out if it is your receipt . I am saving money and I use it to lower my shopping bill. I also use manufacturer coupons and they hate me using them .I pick up the litter thats on the floor . I have never once said these are my receipts .

In your post you ask what you are doing wrong. Several people here have answered it. Just because you have justified it in your own mind doesn't make it acceptable.
Edited by: "SuffolkLad222" 17th Apr 2014
all because someone did it on youtube or tv or whatever lol

Edited by: "Havince" 16th Apr 2014
I shop at asda and I have no idea what you are talking about, I've had printed things for a few pence from tesco tho but not asda
Error440

I shop at asda and I have no idea what you are talking about, I've had … I shop at asda and I have no idea what you are talking about, I've had printed things for a few pence from tesco tho but not asda

Please read the first page of comments it has been explained what the OP is referring to
I did and I still don't get it, if you enter details onto a site and print off a thing that means you have to find them, go home and sit there entering all the things and printing off a fist full of vouchers on your fancy pants printer then go to the shop and spend them.

He said he was combing the car park for them then doing the shopping
Error440

I did and I still don't get it, if you enter details onto a site and … I did and I still don't get it, if you enter details onto a site and print off a thing that means you have to find them, go home and sit there entering all the things and printing off a fist full of vouchers on your fancy pants printer then go to the shop and spend them.He said he was combing the car park for them then doing the shopping

Huh? No , on your asda receipt there is a barcode that you put into the asda price guarrantee site and it loads the receipt and checks if the prices, if asda werent cheaper/cheaper by 10% they give you a money off voucher for £x.xx
adsa price never is right anyway. I know a price was cheaper somewhere else so I put all the details and in fact asda said they were cheapest. ....wtf. add a does fraud
I don't see anything wrong with doing it. It must take a lot of guts and embarrassment doing it, so credit to you.
If OP stood at the door asking for 'donated' unwanted receipts and people donated them instead of throwing them away, that might be possibly better. But it isn't fraud?
Is this the same as the Sainsburys price match where you get so much off your next shop if it is cheaper elsewhere? Might have a scan around Sainsburys car park next time I go!
lost me after I read me and my son were searching for receipts in the car park .....

BTW the Asda price guarantee is absolute rubbish, my OH spend over £150 in there every week and the most we have got after faffing around entering all the numbers on the receipt is about a 20p coupon, not worth the ink printing it out!
Terrabytes

MSE is good for wombling tales.Why post here? Were you hoping to become … MSE is good for wombling tales.Why post here? Were you hoping to become a helper here after admitting voucher fraud?

Don't bring up the notorious voucher fraud again!! oO X)
joesmum

lost me after I read me and my son were searching for receipts in the car … lost me after I read me and my son were searching for receipts in the car park .....BTW the Asda price guarantee is absolute rubbish, my OH spend over £150 in there every week and the most we have got after faffing around entering all the numbers on the receipt is about a 20p coupon, not worth the ink printing it out!

It takes like 5 seconds to type the receipt number in o.0 maybe asda were just cheaper than everywhere else on what you purchased? I rarely use the site but I dug 2 receipts out of my purse earlier and entered them into the site and got £3 and odd pence off in vouchers so it obviously does work, if it was only 20p I wouldn't bother.
Breaking News
Hundreds of HUKD's seen scouring Asda car parks for discarded receipts

1 week alone my shopping bill came to over £100 and I paid less than £3 . … 1 week alone my shopping bill came to over £100 and I paid less than £3 .My biggest saving was £35 and I paid £0.04 pence

Guessing that everyone missed this beauty...
Good luck to him for taking on the multi nationals. Keep up the good work.
Holly1985

It takes like 5 seconds to type the receipt number in o.0 maybe asda were … It takes like 5 seconds to type the receipt number in o.0 maybe asda were just cheaper than everywhere else on what you purchased? I rarely use the site but I dug 2 receipts out of my purse earlier and entered them into the site and got £3 and odd pence off in vouchers so it obviously does work, if it was only 20p I wouldn't bother.

If you put in perhaps 30-40pw, I'm sure it would mount up
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions